Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 05:12 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,933,779 times

Advertisements

The "News" is not news at all. It is manipulation. It is sensationalized. Its is business to sell stuff to women, who do most of the TV watching and spend most of the family money. And frankly, no one cares about the condition of white males, or most hispanic males either. TV is all about women, for the most part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2016, 08:18 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,512,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
The media is obsessed because in Chicago people are killing others who do not want to die.
So in other parts of the country people who are killed wants to die?

Old 04-24-2016, 10:52 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,555,653 times
I have always found it odd that white males and Asian females are the groups with the highest suicide rates

Old 04-26-2016, 07:15 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,512,778 times
Just because people think your life should be easy doesn't mean that's the case.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:59 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,784,399 times
Oh white males are unhappy? Yeah. The world isn't theirs anymore for many reasons, sexual, professional, legal, political. So, no surprise they are unhappy and looking for a way out. I am sure that in 20 years I am going to wish I wasn't a white male either.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:10 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,356,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
Oh white males are unhappy? Yeah. The world isn't theirs anymore for many reasons, sexual, professional, legal, political. So, no surprise they are unhappy and looking for a way out. I am sure that in 20 years I am going to wish I wasn't a white male either.
The world was never ours. That is a fiction created by gender feminists looking for a scapegoat on whom to blame their unhappiness and the lack of fulfillment in their lives. That they have largely succeeded in enlisting the educational, legal, and political professions in their campaign of abject misandry is evidence of their willingness to sacrifice our society so that they can be vindicated in their hatred.

And guess what? They are bitterer and more unhappy than ever:

U.S. Suicide Rates Rise 24%, Significant Increase for Women

Old 05-03-2016, 09:45 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,784,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I have always found it odd that white males and Asian females are the groups with the highest suicide rates
The white male part I understand and am not surprised at in the least bit.

But Asian females? This one is surprising.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:49 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,555,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
The white male part I understand and am not surprised at in the least bit.

But Asian females? This one is surprising.

Asian-American Women More Likely To Attempt Suicide : NPR

Almost 16 percent of all U.S.-born Asian-American women have contemplated suicide in their lifetimes — compared to 13 percent of all Americans — according to new findings by the University of Washington. The study also finds that U.S. born Asian-American women are more likely to attempt suicide than other groups

Among all Asian-Americans, those aged 20-24 had the highest suicide rate (12.44 per 100,000). Among females from all racial backgrounds between the ages of 65 and 84, Asian-Americans had the highest suicide rate.

A Hidden Tragedy: Mental Illness and Suicide Among Asian Americans

According to the American Psychological Association, using the year 2007 as case study, suicide “was the second leading cause of death for Asian-Americans aged 15-34.” The website ReAppropriate, which advocates for Asian American concerns, estimates that the three students who killed themselves are part of about 150 college-aged Asian Americans who will die by suicide this year.

“Model Minority” Pressures Take Mental Health Toll | BU Today | Boston University

Hahm hears it all the time—people expressing shock when they learn that among young women of all ethnicities, Asian Americans have the second highest suicide rate. (The highest rate is among Native Americans.) This data, from the National Center for Health Statistics, as well as research indicating growing alcoholism, drug abuse, and HIV risk among young Asian American women, shatters the “model minority” stereotype that casts young Asians as exemplary high achievers who put their studies and family obligations above the often-risky diversions of many of their non-Asian peers.

Push to achieve tied to suicide in Asian-American women - CNN.com

Depression starts even younger than age 15. Noh says one study has shown that as young as the fifth grade, Asian-American girls have the highest rate of depression so severe they've contemplated suicide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates