Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 06:09 AM

602 posts, read 505,604 times

Advertisements

I should let you know that a man cannot simply declare himself a woman for the purpose of being a pervert and entering women's bathrooms - transgender people, before they can get a "note" to declare themselves the opposite gender, typically have had to go through some intensive therapeutic analysis at the very least to see that they are truly transgender (and unless there is a medical contraindication be on hormone replacement therapy as appropriate). What transgender people are saying is they should not be forced into surgery (which many cannot afford or may not want done for other reasons) just to be legally recognized as the gender they identify with.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:11 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,347,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the South View Post
Yes, you should have to use the men's bathroom if you have a penis. My wife and daughter do not want penises in the women's room. We don't care if you feel more like a woman. We don't care if you feel like a woman everyday only or just today. You have a penis, so use the men's room.

The right to your lifestyle is your choice. Do what you want in your own bedroom, but stay out of the women's room.
Personally, I'm wondering what happened to your wife and daughter to make them think that way. Was there some kind of personal encounter or was this a wild hair moment after coming home from Sunday church where they got indignant because of a religious leader's words ?

Maybe the time has come in our stage of political correctness that it becomes mandatory to have an inspector/greeter at the door of every women's room to check for compliance since the honor system doesn't work anymore.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:15 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
If a guy thinks himself a female and is dressed the part i'd rather see him go to the womans toilet than the mens, i also dont get how any one would know ones sex if they are in a cubicle with the door shut. IMO if you are dressed like a woman and think yourself to be a woman go to the ladies,if you are dressed like a guy go to the mens room. If some one seems suspicious call management or the police.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:22 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,551,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the South View Post
Yes, you should have to use the men's bathroom if you have a penis. My wife and daughter do not want penises in the women's room. We don't care if you feel more like a woman. We don't care if you feel like a woman everyday only or just today. You have a penis, so use the men's room.

The right to your lifestyle is your choice. Do what you want in your own bedroom, but stay out of the women's room.
I agree while I understand and sympathize with those with transgender issues I really do not feel safe allowing anyone who claims to feel like a woman into the ladies room because that could include sexual predators and peeping toms pretending to be transgender.

The only transgenders who should be allowed into a ladies room are those who have had full sex surgeries the only exception to this rule is if the bathroom has only a single stall and one toilet where they can close the door and be in there all alone. I do not care if they use those bathrooms and personally I prefer them myself for privacy.

Single stall restrooms that allow transgender ( who have not had surgery) but not muliti stall restrooms in my opinion is the only answer to both protect transgenders from abuse and protect biological women from abuse as well. It is the only answer.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yeah, how is it their business whether some stranger has one or not? Should there be gropers that check everyone before letting them in?
I have seen women peeping in there at me as they walk by probably to see if the stall is empty or not.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The largest problem with these laws is you have now opened the door for perverts to legally enter a women's bathroom no matter what their gender identity might be.
I agree why make it easier for them? You have probably read about men who use their cell phones to look up women's skirts? Imagine what they could do in a ladies room ? And they make these really tiny cameras now that you can use to secretly watch someone. This law makes it easier for a pervert to gain access to a ladies room to install one. Then he can just stay nearby and watch everything. Some of these cameras are so small it would take a while to be noticed .

Old 04-12-2016, 06:30 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyXY View Post
I should let you know that a man cannot simply declare himself a woman for the purpose of being a pervert and entering women's bathrooms - transgender people,
Are going to stand there at the door and ask them for their medical note? Let's be honest here, there will be nothing to stop any male from entering these bathrooms.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:36 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,209,844 times
Ummm...there is nothing to stop men from entering women's rooms or women from entering men's rooms now.

I know that the line at the men's room is usually shorter...and if I gotta go, I have considered using that bathroom instead of waiting in line at the ladies room.

Personally, I don't have any issue with unisex bathrooms. We all live with and use one every day of our lives.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:36 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,584,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That's the result of loss pressure at the end. Generally not an issue with urinals because you are directly over it or it's higher off the ground.
Whatever the reason, it's very unpleasant and stinky.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:42 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
Ummm...there is nothing to stop men from entering women's rooms or women from entering men's rooms now.
Other than thing called the law. The law is no guarantee of anything however it's a huge deterrent to creeps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.