Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 01:22 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
YES! a Penis belongs in the men's room, and a vagina belongs in the women's room, regardless of what the person attached to it thinks they are.

I was called "discriminatory" on the other thread because I dared to say so. It's not discriminatory, it's common sense.

UNTIL the operation is performed, it is STILL MALE. It can STILL produce sperm and it can procreate with that.
UNTILL the operation, it is STILL FEMALE and can STILL have children if it wants.

It DOES NOT MATTER what/who they think they are.

I was about 5 when I begged my mother to let me go to the men's room by myself. I no longer wanted to see vaginas, breasts or any bloody feminine care products any more!
You were seeing vaginas and breasts in the ladies room? What on earth were you doing?

Old 04-12-2016, 01:27 PM

511 posts, read 838,575 times
Kids are far more likely to be molested by someone they love and trust than the proverbial stranger lurking in the public bathroom.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:30 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiusStrip View Post
Kids are far more likely to be molested by someone they love and trust than the proverbial stranger lurking in the public bathroom.
And there's really no evidence that transgender people are more likely to be sexual predators than any other kind of people.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:32 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
You were seeing vaginas and breasts in the ladies room? What on earth were you doing?
We strip and change our clothes.. But I havent seen anyone to change her tampon or anything

Old 04-12-2016, 01:34 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
We strip and change our clothes.. But I havent seen anyone to change her tampon or anything
In a restroom? Out in the open? Ok. That's unusual. I haven't found that to be typical behavior in my 54 years of using women's restrooms.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:44 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,880,136 times
I don't understand the people who get so worked up over this.

Unless you are paying undue attention to anyone in the bathroom (which is super creepy), you are not going to notice if the woman or man who just walked in is actually a transsexual or transgender person. These people want to just live their lives as the sex they feel they are. When they go into a bathroom, they just want to relieve themselves.

All these people saying they see genitals and naked people in bathrooms should stop peeking under the doors and control themselves.

THOSE are the people that others should get worked up about, and it's already wrong (and really, really easy no matter what sex you are or identify with!) to invade people's privacy or take pictures or flash people etc.

No one is getting the legal right to molest, assault, photograph or peep at other people. Ridiculous.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:50 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
YES! a Penis belongs in the men's room, and a vagina belongs in the women's room, regardless of what the person attached to it thinks they are.

I was called "discriminatory" on the other thread because I dared to say so. It's not discriminatory, it's common sense.

UNTIL the operation is performed, it is STILL MALE. It can STILL produce sperm and it can procreate with that.
UNTILL the operation, it is STILL FEMALE and can STILL have children if it wants.

It DOES NOT MATTER what/who they think they are.

I was about 5 when I begged my mother to let me go to the men's room by myself. I no longer wanted to see vaginas, breasts or any bloody feminine care products any more! Granted, I didn't want to see penises either, but at least I was around my own.
40+ years and I have never seen a vagina or boobs in a restroom.

Where are these restrooms that have naked women frolicking about?

Old 04-12-2016, 01:53 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
In a restroom? Out in the open? Ok. That's unusual.
That is very common, we have this type of toilets http://theaffordablecleanteam.com/im...ages_1.jpg?919 at concert houses, schools etc. and people are not changing in those small boxes next to a toilet seat but on that open area were everyone are walking. Sometimes there is chairs etc. to do that. If not else, at least better indoors shoes are needed instead outdoor boots. We live in real world, lol

You know there are countries where is freezing, rains a lot, roads are sandy etc. People ride bikes, walk etc. So they must change clothes before going inside. My aunt wont even wear her "better clothes" to a car because they get wrinkled on the seat... So she holds a bunch of clothes and changes them just before need...

There is no separated dressing rooms.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:54 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,392,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the South View Post
Yes, you should have to use the men's bathroom if you have a penis. My wife and daughter do not want penises in the women's room. We don't care if you feel more like a woman. We don't care if you feel like a woman everyday only or just today. You have a penis, so use the men's room.
Do you mean not everyone needs to accomodate all of my personal choices regarding personal identity and sexuality?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Where are these restrooms that have naked women frolicking about?
I dont know, but I have been looking for them ever since I saw Animal House. Surely these bathrooms exist somewhere besides that place of lore and legend... .

Old 04-12-2016, 01:58 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,528,780 times
It really doesn't matter what you think or how you feel, the transgender community has lobbied the local governments, and soon the federal level, and you'd better get used to transgenders in your bathroom. The LGBT community makes up less than 5%- 10% of the general population per the Gallup poll, that means 90-95% just have to accept their right to use any bathroom they want. So what happens if the mens room is full and the ladies room is free, shouldn't I have some right to just use it if I need it? Wouldn't the fairest way to handle this is to abolish gender specific restrooms? Would you send your kids into one alone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates