Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 08:26 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,737,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
That's why the 2nd amendment should extend right on up to a nuclear submarine to truly keep a corrupt gov't in check.
No, but a 16 inch from a battleship is ballistically the same as a .22, just a lot bigger.

Old 04-13-2016, 12:57 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Go to NYC and try and get a weapons permit.
In NYC there is $400+ permitting process for pistols that includes fingerprinting etc., the $400+ application fee is non refundable and can be denied for just about any reason. Just so it's clear, that's not for concealed carry, it's to have it in your house.

Old 04-13-2016, 01:02 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
That's why the 2nd amendment should extend right on up to a nuclear submarine to truly keep a corrupt gov't in check.
If you want to have a serious conversation about drawing the line it's simple, if law enforcement can justify having it so can the citizen

Old 04-13-2016, 01:37 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
How about a background check to vote?
That would require an ID.

Old 04-13-2016, 01:42 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluffen View Post
I like the play the odds. If big gubbament (the Fox News type, not the IRL type) was going to come and take me away they're probably going to send a small squad of armed forces with bullet proof apparel to apprehend me and no matter how many guns and bullets are in my bug-out stockade, I will be overpowered pretty damn fast against trained personnel. I am also positive if I somehow was able to do some 80's action flick maneuvers and kill/injure these guys some not-so-nice reinforcements would be quick to arrive on my doorstep.
Unfortunately, we'd have add your hometown to the list that currently has Ruby Ridge and Waco.

Old 04-13-2016, 07:42 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,737,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
That would require an ID.
Lol... I forgot, people are against that too

Old 04-13-2016, 08:27 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,861,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluffen View Post
I like the play the odds. If big gubbament (the Fox News type, not the IRL type) was going to come and take me away they're probably going to send a small squad of armed forces with bullet proof apparel to apprehend me and no matter how many guns and bullets are in my bug-out stockade, I will be overpowered pretty damn fast against trained personnel. I am also positive if I somehow was able to do some 80's action flick maneuvers and kill/injure these guys some not-so-nice reinforcements would be quick to arrive on my doorstep.
Yes it would be foolhardy to resist armed troops that are coming in to take your guns. You would die! That may happen to a few really fanatical people but many PATRIOTS that have the WILL to fight back will do it in a different way. Remember when more than ONE person knows a secret it is no longer a secret. If you want to resist the tyranny of those that want to enslave you the worst thing you can do is to join a MILITIA. Militias would need total SECRECY and we all know that is very difficult.

A strategy that will work is for thousands of PATRIOTS to work alone and going after the leaders of the movement that want to disarm the citizenry. A firearm is ONLY a symbol of our freedom. It is not a very good tool to use against a better armed and numerically superior enemy. Stealth and secrecy and the WILL to kill the enemy is more important than having a high capacity assault rifle. WHEN the all out effort to take our guns from us begins it will be better to meekly surrender a FEW guns that the government knows about and keep one or two with ammunition in reserve hidden away for later use. Hopefully lists are being kept of Celebrities, Educators, Politicians, newspaper editors, TV news and others that have called for Gun Control laws. The armed Police knocking down your doors to take away your guns are just mercenaries. The real THREAT are those that support the take away of weapons from Law Abiding citizens. Even among that group of folks most of them are just misguided idiots. The ones pulling the strings behind the scenes are the real enemy and the ones that need to be taken out.

The PATRIOTS that step up to fight these supporters of tyranny must be willing to take the fight to the enemy personally. Shooting a weapon from a long distance is not the way to fight them. Ironically the CIA has published many documents that teaches dozens of ways to kill these enemies and MOST importantly get away with it. When PATRIOTIC citizens decide it is time to wage this war they have to be brutal but to be really effective they must get away with it. It will only take a few CELEBRITY types being decapitated for others in their group to realize the error of their ways.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:44 AM

510 posts, read 499,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Yes it would be foolhardy to resist armed troops that are coming in to take your guns. You would die! That may happen to a few really fanatical people but many PATRIOTS that have the WILL to fight back will do it in a different way. Remember when more than ONE person knows a secret it is no longer a secret. If you want to resist the tyranny of those that want to enslave you the worst thing you can do is to join a MILITIA. Militias would need total SECRECY and we all know that is very difficult.

A strategy that will work is for thousands of PATRIOTS to work alone and going after the leaders of the movement that want to disarm the citizenry. A firearm is ONLY a symbol of our freedom. It is not a very good tool to use against a better armed and numerically superior enemy. Stealth and secrecy and the WILL to kill the enemy is more important than having a high capacity assault rifle. WHEN the all out effort to take our guns from us begins it will be better to meekly surrender a FEW guns that the government knows about and keep one or two with ammunition in reserve hidden away for later use. Hopefully lists are being kept of Celebrities, Educators, Politicians, newspaper editors, TV news and others that have called for Gun Control laws. The armed Police knocking down your doors to take away your guns are just mercenaries. The real THREAT are those that support the take away of weapons from Law Abiding citizens. Even among that group of folks most of them are just misguided idiots. The ones pulling the strings behind the scenes are the real enemy and the ones that need to be taken out.

The PATRIOTS that step up to fight these supporters of tyranny must be willing to take the fight to the enemy personally. Shooting a weapon from a long distance is not the way to fight them. Ironically the CIA has published many documents that teaches dozens of ways to kill these enemies and MOST importantly get away with it. When PATRIOTIC citizens decide it is time to wage this war they have to be brutal but to be really effective they must get away with it. It will only take a few CELEBRITY types being decapitated for others in their group to realize the error of their ways.
Sounds like the PATRIOTS' cause is DOA since they refuse to collaborate under any unified umbrella. And if they're this unorganized I couldn't even imagine the absolute sh*t-show it would be if they somehow defied all odds and overthrew the government. I am willing to bet they would fight it out among themselves until they were so fractionalized the same government they've just "overthrown" would be able to easily take over again.

Old 04-13-2016, 10:20 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,566,714 times
I've said it before, but any concerted effort to take away guns in the United States would result in tremendous bloodshed and basically an all-out rebellion. We are too far down the path of the establishment of the 2nd amendment.

It would be the end of our Republic.

Old 04-13-2016, 12:51 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,554,464 times
Quote:
And don't forget hand grenades. Hand grenades were arms in existence at the time the 2nd amendment was written. (It says "arms", it doesn't limit them to "firearms").

Lets make America great again - no selective reading of the 2nd Amendment - lets get our grenades. The tyranny trying to stop us from our God-given right to own grenades.
(God write the Constitution, right?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates