Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 06:01 PM

943 posts, read 782,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
posted this in Current Events but apparently that was the wrong place for this type of question

Make one big unisex changing room with little rooms/stalls inside to change. At pools, put the showers on the pool deck so everyone can shower with their bathing suit on

think it might make transgenders happy and other people as well since they can change in a stall in privacy
This is more expensive, but we are heading this way as most women don't want to change in front of biological males regardless if they pass or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 06:05 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
pretty sure there would be men out there who would look if they were standing there and noticed that they could see inside the stall where a woman (or a girl!) was using it.

i don't look either. but, well, see above.

i have used the restroom and had someone outside the stall waiting, and i have seen them looking in. maybe you don't look, or i don't look, but there are people out there who do. i am not a fan of unisex restrooms where they have stalls like those. if they were all full on doors where you couldn't see inside, that would be different. still not a fan of that either though, to be honest.
I think you have some kind of obsession issue with going to the bathroom.

I realize there are some perverted people out there, but you make it out like the majority of men have a fetish with watching women going to the bathroom. I can tell you that I have no sexual urge to spy on women sitting on a toilet (or in your case, "hovering over the toilet, trying to hold your purse and pants or skirt/dress out of the way while trying not to touch the seat at all").

It is probably a good idea that we keep public bathrooms separate for men and women because it sounds like the reason women's bathrooms have a reputation for being dirty are these hovering women peeing all over the toilet seats and the floor.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:17 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,210 times
If a man who would prefer to be female thinks women should have no problem with him using a women's restroom, I fail to see why HE would have a problem using a men's restroom.

Same for a women who would prefer to be male. If she expects men to tolerate her in the men's room, I expect her to tolerate other women in the women's room.

Old 04-30-2016, 02:23 PM

53 posts, read 89,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
If a man who would prefer to be female thinks women should have no problem with him using a women's restroom, I fail to see why HE would have a problem using a men's restroom.

Same for a women who would prefer to be male. If she expects men to tolerate her in the men's room, I expect her to tolerate other women in the women's room.
I have never understood this either. According to liberals, it is absolutely ok for someone who *believes* they are the opposite gender to be uncomfortable using a restroom that the "opposite" gender uses....however it is VERY MORALLY WRONG for someone to be uncomfortable with the legitimately opposite gender using the same restroom. Wtf?! #liberallogic

Old 06-05-2016, 03:40 AM

914 posts, read 737,776 times
The pools I have visited in recent years are already like that - unisex changing areas with private stalls. Showers are like the ones described in the OP, with showers near the swimming pool - people just keep their swimwear on when showering. No big deal...

Old 06-06-2016, 11:48 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
posted this in Current Events but apparently that was the wrong place for this type of question

Make one big unisex changing room with little rooms/stalls inside to change. At pools, put the showers on the pool deck so everyone can shower with their bathing suit on

think it might make transgenders happy and other people as well since they can change in a stall in privacy
I wouldn't want to any ol' female to watch me undress. As I'm sure a single female would feel extremely uncomfortable being watched by a group of males.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:24 AM

914 posts, read 737,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
I wouldn't want to any ol' female to watch me undress. As I'm sure a single female would feel extremely uncomfortable being watched by a group of males.
Maybe I read the OP wrong, but thought the privacy stalls are there to provide... well, privacy The ones I am familiar with - you don't get to see anyone get changed. They have doors, high walls etc.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:13 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Regardless of all the noise today we aren't going to be a gender neutral society. Some places will, and others will some specific accommodations, but the basic set up that we use today (men/women) isn't going anywhere because it's the norm. It may not be the ONLY but it is the NORM.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:17 PM

948 posts, read 921,285 times
I prefer using a locker room designed for women only. I'd feel very uncomfortable if there were men in the locker room, even if there were private stalls.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:32 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,399 times
No one cares about transgenders.

You got a willy, you change in the men's locker room. If you're embarrassed because you're dressed as a women, well damn, whose fault is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates