Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 04:04 PM

123 posts, read 84,326 times

Advertisements

Maybe Lysistrata was on to something.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:26 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Poster Marc Paolella posted that it is the spreading of legs that creates babies. Post #134, I believe.
Actually Larry had said it, I agreed with it. The simple fact is that women hold the biological title to the baby making equipment. With great power, comes great responsibility. If the legs remain closed until the right guy is selected after a rational vetting process, then the result will be a happy marriage 90% of the time and a happy family another 90% of the time. Picking goons and sleeping with random guys will yield unwanted and "accidental" babies, and women are 100% responsible for that outcome. Abstinence and careful screening of potential mates, then waiting for several years to accumulate wealth and stabilize employment, will yield intentional babies and happy lives. It's physics, chemistry, biology, and above all: REALITY.

Following all these good choices, another good choice should be obvious: Stay at home, do not work, and raise the kids and do not dump the kids in day care or other non-loving institutional care that will eff up their minds and spirits and futures.

It's all so simple, yet it's utter heresy in this irrational age of impulsive motivation and retarded range-of-the-moment, feel-good-now-for-10-seconds, immature and entitled choices.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:41 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,090,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Picking goons and sleeping with random guys will yield unwanted and "accidental" babies, and women are 100% responsible for that outcome.
As are the goons they pick. The goons that willingly impregnate. We're not talking immaculate conception, we're talking about two people who make bad choices. The men "enable" the women.

What we're seeing here is that some people are putting all of the BLAME on the women, when it's two idiots who collide (if both are making bad choices).

This mindset (that the women somehow magically "get themselves" pregnant) is what causes so many men to think that it's terribly unfair and unwarranted for them to be expected to support their own offspring.

Let's look at it this way. You say that women hold all the cards because they have the baby-making equipment and that they need to choose their mates more carefully. But there will be no baby unless a guy chooses to have sex with her.

That leaves us with the guys who have sex with her. All kinds of guys will have sex with a foolish, silly woman. So, a guy picks a female "goon" to have sex with. Surprise, surprise, she gets pregnant and she expects child support. Well, he PICKED her. So why should he not be responsible for his choice?

A lot of people here seem to think that the creation of the baby is all HER fault, but HE PICKED HER. Because she was willing and hot, he didn't hesitate. He felt no desire to go through a vetting process to assure that this is the kind of woman he'd want to be seeing for the next 18 years as she is raising his child and he's having to pay child support for that child.

I don't believe you're one of the ones who is suggesting that he should be off the hook for child support. But there are plenty who do believe exactly this. He bears no responsibility, even though he PICKED HER. Just like stupid women pick goons and deadbeats, many men pick female goons, and then cry foul when there are consequences for that.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:19 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
As are the goons they pick. The goons that willingly impregnate. We're not talking immaculate conception, we're talking about two people who make bad choices. The men "enable" the women.

What we're seeing here is that some people are putting all of the BLAME on the women, when it's two idiots who collide (if both are making bad choices).

This mindset (that the women somehow magically "get themselves" pregnant) is what causes so many men to think that it's terribly unfair and unwarranted for them to be expected to support their own offspring.

Let's look at it this way. You say that women hold all the cards because they have the baby-making equipment and that they need to choose their mates more carefully. But there will be no baby unless a guy chooses to have sex with her.

That leaves us with the guys who have sex with her. All kinds of guys will have sex with a foolish, silly woman. So, a guy picks a female "goon" to have sex with. Surprise, surprise, she gets pregnant and she expects child support. Well, he PICKED her. So why should he not be responsible for his choice?

A lot of people here seem to think that the creation of the baby is all HER fault, but HE PICKED HER. Because she was willing and hot, he didn't hesitate. He felt no desire to go through a vetting process to assure that this is the kind of woman he'd want to be seeing for the next 18 years as she is raising his child and he's having to pay child support for that child.

I don't believe you're one of the ones who is suggesting that he should be off the hook for child support. But there are plenty who do believe exactly this. He bears no responsibility, even though he PICKED HER. Just like stupid women pick goons and deadbeats, many men pick female goons, and then cry foul when there are consequences for that.

I am separating 2 concepts here actually. Quality of life. And responsibility. Obviously it takes both sexes to make the baby, and once that happens, I give men no pass at all on responsibility. In fact, I would favor the strictest and most unforgiving laws to punish men financially by tying them to their babies for 18 years of hard labor. That means all bank accounts, all credit decisions, all insurance, all payroll, all employment, all public records, everything. It is all on the table and dedicated and confiscated to fulfill the expenses of creating and maintaining a life. You made it, you pay for it.

But the bottom line is women control the creation of life, and they should exercise that responsibility properly. That means NOT providing a warm place to put it for any loser that pays a compliment or makes an empty promise. As Ronald Reagan said: Trust, but Verify. Verify character, verify finances, verify brains, verify prospects, verify that they are not 35 and living with their parents, verify that they do not use alcohol or substances, study what they say, study more what they do, study who their friends are, etc, etc.

And yes, abstain until all the studies and evaluations come up with a winner. Vibrators don't ruin lives, random penises do.

That would also retrain men to a degree. If losers never scored, they might reevaluate the utility of loser status and decide to up their game.

Everyone would be better off if Reason was the main tool utilized to make decisions that are usually left to random and ephemeral emotions.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:08 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,090,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
But the bottom line is women control the creation of life, and they should exercise that responsibility properly.
I'd agree that everyone should make responsible reproductive choices. I don't disagree with what you're trying say.

Assuming we're talking about a chick who picks up a guy in a bar and gets pregnant, YES, she's making a terrible choice. It will limit her employment and educational future and impact the future of her child.

I doubt that many people here actually disagree with that part. Random sex with strangers or near-strangers, getting pregnant through sex with these near-strangers is almost always a BAD idea.

And that's the point! It's BAD when women do it, and it's BAD when men do it. But to hear some men talk, it's all the women's fault. Look at those hoes, they pick up bad boys. So when these same men (who are pointing fingers at the "bad boys") get a woman pregnant, they believe that they shouldn't be responsible, because they didn't "want" a kid! Why should THEY pay?

But isn't that what "bad boys" do? They skip out on their responsibilities? These stupid women CHOSE these bad boys who subsequently skip out, so it's HER fault! So why is it that a guy who is complaining about paying child support (he wants a way to opt out) any different than a "bad boy"? He's part of the problem, yet he's claiming that she's ALL of the problem, I guess because she chose him, and he's proving himself to be a deadbeat who doesn't want to be responsible for his own actions.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:13 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbro2002 View Post
There was a time when a woman having a child out of wedlock was a shameful thing. Now a woman having a child or multiple children out of wedlock is considered a hero. Why is it heroic? Children born out of wedlock are still more likely to have a disadvantaged life compared to a child raised by married parents so why do we as a society now put single mother's on a pedestal? Single mothers by in large have made a poor life choice(s) and their children will suffer to some extent because of it.
Yes, I said the same thing recently on a different forum and was attacked for it. I remember when an unwed mother was not given baby showers and celebrated. But look at our world, seems anything goes these days.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:30 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,357,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbro2002 View Post
There was a time when a woman having a child out of wedlock was a shameful thing. Now a woman having a child or multiple children out of wedlock is considered a hero. Why is it heroic? Children born out of wedlock are still more likely to have a disadvantaged life compared to a child raised by married parents so why do we as a society now put single mother's on a pedestal? Single mothers by in large have made a poor life choice(s) and their children will suffer to some extent because of it.
Because this country, for the most part, has lost all of its morals. Of course some single mothers are heroes when they lose their husbands for whatever reason. The ones that choose to have children out of wedlock and still tramps in my eyes.its has been that way forever until the past 30 years or so. Now it's acceptable. But then a again, so is gay marriage. Insane world we live in.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:52 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Because this country, for the most part, has lost all of its morals. Of course some single mothers are heroes when they lose their husbands for whatever reason. The ones that choose to have children out of wedlock and still tramps in my eyes.its has been that way forever until the past 30 years or so. Now it's acceptable. But then a again, so is gay marriage. Insane world we live in.
Tramps....what a bloody way to express your feelings about women ...What is the male equivalent, IS there one?.. it has nothing at all to do with morals..its human nature and a hard life for any woman who has to bring up a child or children on her own as most dont have means or a way out of the poverty , Most woman , believe me dont choose to get pregnant.. your living in cloud cuckooland friend..

Old 07-13-2016, 06:30 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Tramps....what a bloody way to express your feelings about women ...What is the male equivalent, IS there one?.. it has nothing at all to do with morals..its human nature and a hard life for any woman who has to bring up a child or children on her own as most dont have means or a way out of the poverty , Most woman , believe me dont choose to get pregnant.. your living in cloud cuckooland friend..

Two out of the three single mothers I know deliberately got pregnant. One of them has three kids from three different fathers. She gets pregnant so she can move in with the guy's family and not have to live on her own. She has gone from one man to another since she was 20 years old. The current guy is the only one that has a job. This woman has the government pay for everything: prenatal, hospital expenses and all her doctor's visits are free. Nice, isn't it? I don't begrudge the children anything, they are innocents in all this but I waited till I was married and in a long term situation to even think about having children and I didn't expect the government to pay my way.

With so many forms of birth control available to people these days, unplanned pregnancies should be the exception, not the norm. And don't men use condoms anymore?

Old 07-13-2016, 07:17 AM

36,507 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Two out of the three single mothers I know deliberately got pregnant. One of them has three kids from three different fathers. She gets pregnant so she can move in with the guy's family and not have to live on her own. She has gone from one man to another since she was 20 years old. The current guy is the only one that has a job. This woman has the government pay for everything: prenatal, hospital expenses and all her doctor's visits are free. Nice, isn't it? I don't begrudge the children anything, they are innocents in all this but I waited till I was married and in a long term situation to even think about having children and I didn't expect the government to pay my way.

With so many forms of birth control available to people these days, unplanned pregnancies should be the exception, not the norm. And don't men use condoms anymore?
I've got friends in low places but you and rise take the cake for hanging with women of ill repute. It amazes me also how you both seem to know such personal details about these women's feelings and intentions.
Yes we all know there is that small segment of baby mommas milking the government teat but I'll reference the statistical data again : out of wedlock birthrates have been on the decline since 2000. They have declined for all women under the age of 35, but increased for women over 35. The largest drop has been for teenagers. Approximately 58% non-marital births occur in a cohabitation union.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Yes, I said the same thing recently on a different forum and was attacked for it. I remember when an unwed mother was not given baby showers and celebrated. But look at our world, seems anything goes these days.
Yep we need to go back to the shaming of women for having sex. Make them wear a big ol' scarlett A on their chest for everyone to see and instruct the entire community to ostracize them and their bastard children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Approximately 58% non-marital births occur in a cohabitation union.

Yes I would like to see every women of the world unite and refuse any and all sexual acts outside of marriage. Also the mother should choose who her daughters can marry so that through her life experiences she can help ensure her daughter marries a good man who will provide a proper home and support her and her children comfortably and be a involved and loving father forever and ever.

I can hear the wailing and crying now from the majority of men who will never have sex, a relationship or offspring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates