Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 05:27 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,055,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I'll give you a couple hints.

1. I live in New England (no state here is even in play).
2. I used to live in NJ near Atlantic City and followed the situation there for decades.
3. I believe in a democracy - given the choice I'd prefer a more parliamentary system to our "winner takes all" and powerful chief executive.
4. I read a lot of history - like 10's of thousands of pages per year (for decades).
5. I am a successful business person.
6. I've been married to the same woman for 45 years and have 3 children all this single marriage.
7. I have never gamed the system, took advantage of bankruptcy laws or taken investors for a ride. The one time I took friends and family investment, I paid when all back in full when the venture didn't go anywhere.
8. I was not given million at birth.
9. I believe in civility in manner and action.

I'll let you guess from there.....
Gary Johnson?

Old 09-13-2016, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
* The black-on-black murder rate is 90%

* The white-on-white murder rate is 83% - not as high, but still high, also at almost 100%

* All people of all races in the United States are more likely to be victim of crime/murder at the hands of someone of their own race--WHITE PEOPLE included.

* Black people do not commit more crimes than whites. Black people are more likely to be convicted and are punished more harshly than whites who commit the exact same crimes.

* White males make up nearly 100% of all mass shooters.

* White males make up nearly 100% of all school shooters.

* White males accounted for nearly 100% of all police murders in 2016.

* Most terrorist acts committed in the United States since 9/11 have been by white males.

* Most serial killers are white males, as white males are more likely to be serial killers.

These are the facts. Why are white people so focused on black-on-black crime? Shouldn't you be more focused on your own equally-high murder rate? The facts bare out that you should be more concerned about and more fearful of your own--particularly white males.
Pretty much wrong, wrong and wrong. I'll debunk most of this later. Most of them are not facts.

Old 09-13-2016, 05:52 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,228,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Pretty much wrong, wrong and wrong. I'll debunk most of this later. Most of them are not facts.
These are FBI/DOJ statistics, but ok. Keep your racist beliefs if that's what makes you feel better.

Last edited by Atlanta_BD; 09-13-2016 at 06:19 AM..

Old 09-13-2016, 06:22 AM

Don't have time yet, but to give you a head start. 225 million and 37 million. Ratios.

Old 09-13-2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:

1. 84 PERCENT OF WHITE MURDER VICTIMS WERE WHITE
The FBI’s homicide statistics, rallying murders for the 28 years between 1980 and 2008, don’t lie. An overwhelming majority of homicides were carried out by white people, against other white people. Even though the ratio of black homicides against black victims is greater, the number of white murderers far exceeds the number of black murderers. The fact that no media outlet will say the words “white-on-white murder” despite this statistic shows a desire to bend words to confirm racist viewpoints.

2. WHITES KILL MORE WHITES THAN BLACK PEOPLE KILL EACH OTHER
In 2011, the most recent year for which data is available, 2,630 white people killed 3,172 white people, according to FBI homicide statistics. When comparing that to the black population, in which 2,447 African-Americans murdered 2,695 of their own, white-on-white murder is clearly the bigger issue.

3. WHITE PEOPLE COMMIT MORE CRIMES THAN ANY OTHER RACE
White people are the largest demographic in the United States, and as a result, commit more crimes than any other race, largely against other white people. 2010 crime statistics from the FBI confirm that whites lead blacks by 2-1 in arrests, and lead all other ethnicities by 2-1 in incidents of forcible rape (66.3 percent of rapes were committed by whites, while 31 percent were committed by blacks). White people also lead black people by 2-1 in larceny-theft: 64.8 percent of thieves are white, while only 31.9 percent of thieves are black.

4. WHITE PEOPLE KILL MORE MEMBERS OF VULNERABLE POPULATIONS THAN ANY OTHER RACE
Vulnerable populations are generally defined as children and the elderly. Family members and significant others are also often targets of homicide, rather than random victims. FBI homicide statistics from 1980 to 2008 show that white people are, by the numbers, far more likely to kill children and the elderly than any other race. Additionally, white people commit more sex-related and gang-related homicides than any other race.

5 Facts That Shatter the Myth of 'Black-on-Black' Crime This article cites and links the FBI statistics and DOJ reports.

Quote:
A CLOSER LOOK AT WHITE MALE PRIVILEGE
Although White individuals made up 69.2% of arrests for crimes in 20111, Black men still account for the majority of the prison population, more than six times as likely to be incarcerated than White men. Black men are also subjected, according to Lawrence Grossman, former President of CBS News and PBS, to media stereotyping where TV newscasts “disproportionately show African Americans under arrest, living in slums, on welfare, and in need of help from the community.” However, men of color do not represent the majority of school shooters or mass murderers.

Recent studies reveal that most school shooters are White males, with 97 percent being male and 79 percent White. Over the last three decades, 90 percent of high school or elementary school shootings were the result of White, often upper-middle class, perpetrators. These shootings are a direct reflection of White male privilege and the consequences that occur when groups like the NRA control influential conservative leaders.
Mass Shooters Have A Gender and a Race | Political Research Associates

Old 09-13-2016, 06:41 AM

Ratios

Old 09-13-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
These are FBI/DOJ statistics, but ok. Keep your racist beliefs if that's what makes you feel better.
Stating facts and bringing attention to a problem that we, as a nation, should do better on, does not make me a racist. However, distorting those facts to sweep them under the rug perpetuates it.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Stating facts and bringing attention to a problem that we, as a nation, should do better on, does not make me a racist. However, distorting those facts to sweep them under the rug perpetuates it.
You are the one distorting facts. I provided FBI and DOJ statistics that are very easy to find. You are choosing to ignore them because they dispel your claims.

Why is black-on-black crime more of an issue when white-on-white crime is just as high and whites commit more crime? If whites killed each other less, these talks about black-on-black crime would be valid--except that white people kill other whites just as much. We don't hear about it as much because of a little thing called "racial bias" in the news and media.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:13 AM

I will deal with your distortion of the FBI stats later.

Ratios. Proportions.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:19 AM

Quote:
I will deal with your distortion of the FBI stats later.

Ratios. Proportions.
How did I distort FBI/DOJ stastics? They are what they are. I simply shared them. If you have a problem with them, contact both agencies and tell them to better show the ratios and proportions you are talking about. I'm not falling for your racist Vulcan mind tricks lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates