Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 09:06 PM

2 posts, read 1,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
There is a recent case where a 20 years old suspended L plate driver killed a nurse after smoking 5 bongs, look it up on the net.

I admit this is not the average accident attributed to drugs, but there are more and more that a tested for these drugs, and like alcohol, are mind altering substances.

You personal liberty needs deeper thought. IMO
How many people die each year from accidents caused by pharmaceutical drugs which were prescribed? Lobbyists and their deep funded pockets make sure most of these incidents never make the news. And how bad would marijuana legalization hurt big pharma? Well since I started using marijuana medicinally, I have completely stopped opiate pain medication, antidepressants and an anxiety medication called Klonopin. I only take a single blood pressure medication. I have a bachelors degree, a good job, my own home and a few credits short of a masters degree. My doctors at the VA hospital apologize they cannot prescribe it, but secretly applaud me for getting off two very addictive pills in exchange for a plant God obviously put here for a reason. Some call marijuana a gateway? What? Listen to yourselves. Walking into school as a child is a "gateway" to many possible bad ideas. Since I quit alcohol I never wonder what I did the night before or who I need to make amends with. I've never started a fight or said anything I regret. Alcohol helped me drink away my only marriage, lost most of my friends, landed me in jail 3 times and nearly took my life. Marijuana has caused me to laugh embarrassingly (almost giggle) and did get me in trouble with a friends wife for eating a bag of chips she was saving for the next day. That's as bad (or good) as it gets with marijuana. Put your kids in Boy Scouts young and they will make decisions that better them and others while still remaining a normal human who needs vices and is not perfect, but will not make decisions towards vices which will endanger their lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 06:54 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,206,308 times
Quote:
If marijuana is legalized here, and there is the smoking kind for sale legally, the governments will tax the hell out of it like they do with cigarettes.
Well, of course, they will. Why should I as a non-user have to pay any of the costs?

100% of the costs must be borne by 100% of the users.

Quote:
The seller will need insurance, will need personal compensation insurance, will need to pay rent for a shop, will need to pay wages if someone is employed, holidays, penalty rates for overtime and etc. Now the drug pusher has none of these overheads, so where would you get the best price??? It's not rocket science, is it.
No, it isn't, and legalization will still result in a Black Market with street dealers, and continued Black Markets for other illegal drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates