Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 02:07 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
you did not debate the points you just made an intellectually uninteresting one liner. People who want to pretend like they are someone who really are not and get found out usually get squashed, its called fraud.
Pot meet kettle. It's more valid than any of the rhetoric you have been spewing here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 02:27 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,301,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Man you are so religiously devoted to your party that you don't see the issue. If they hacked into our system that easily who is to say they can't do it again? Who is to say they will not seek more of our classified information? And what is going to happen then?
What systems are you talking about ? The illegal server set up by an unknown hack or hacks in Hillary's bathroom ? The DNC servers that were likely set up by the same people ? Or the state-of-the-art protected servers at the State Department or Pentagon ? You know, the ones that the Secretary of State is legally obligated to use to send classified information.

Hillary fell victim to her own arrogance and disrespect for the law.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:30 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,301,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Its getting tiring having to repeat some of the same things. This system hasn't failed us once. Its failed us twice in sixteen years. If this were one isolated event, I think there would be some justification in saying its not enough of a reason to amend the Constitution. However, the only question is if it remains unchanged when it will fail again. Chances are the third failure will cost the same political party the White House again because conservatives tend to be located heavily in the small population states with disproportionate influence in the electoral college. Of course, the difficulty with such an amendment is that conservatives know that and like things that way.

I accept that Trump will be the next President. My desire is to prevent another travesty like that which occurred on November 8th.
What may be "travesty" from your POV was the avoidance of the real travesty from mine.

The system has worked as designed.

If you want to change the design, there's a clear constitutional process to do so. You can try and change it, and I will try and oppose it. As long as everything is done lawfully, legally, and according to the Constitution, I will accept the outcome whether I like it or not. That is what the democracy is all about.

But you seem to be one of the sane people who actually understand that.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:44 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,114,492 times
Quote:
Pot meet kettle. It's more valid than any of the rhetoric you have been spewing here.
Well I am just happy I get 4 more years without a nuclear war. People in power that say things like you do agitate others and when people have nukes or large war machines that creates issues. Clinton was a reflection of her voters and that's really what you want representing the USA, diaper pins and cry babies?

If you cant engage in a robust intellectual repertoire and just make simpleton comments then your better off not responding. If you can engage in the chess game and win then it would be intellectually dishonest of me to argue but your not.

You nor the protestors can make a single well reasoned argument for really anything. Other than Clinton go the popular vote ... ok so that just means there are ALOT of babies in this nation, that's not saying much. Myself and my friends had to endure 8 years of Obama and fight to stay employed as he slowly dismantled the economy and we did not riot or destroy property.

Would it kill you to be happy about the hope that Trump may bring GOOD paying jobs back to the USA and get out of this service economy rut we are in. Maybe you kept your well paying job through out all of this like I did but be sure you are lucky as am I. A lot of people with good jobs, families, homes lost it all with all the shanaigans the govt has done over the last decade or so and many never recovered and were forced to take low end soul crushing crap jobs just to make ends meet, that's not my America.

The republicans before Obama were no better but Trump is not a republican.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
What may be "travesty" from your POV was the avoidance of the real travesty from mine.

The system has worked as designed.

If you want to change the design, there's a clear constitutional process to do so. You can try and change it, and I will try and oppose it. As long as everything is done lawfully, legally, and according to the Constitution, I will accept the outcome whether I like it or not. That is what the democracy is all about.

But you seem to be one of the sane people who actually understand that.
I would not go that far, if the dems and cry babies are successfully able to turn the USA into some second world nation with even more dilapidated infrastructure and crap service jobs there would reach a point I would actually leave and not accept it so long as I could move to a place that was willing to have me and my family and I had a good job opportunity.

I will not accept some low wage service job or my family living in poverty over bunk politics if I can help it. If the large swaths of useless eaters are able to dismantle this nation a lot of families are going to have to make really hard decisions.

Old 11-23-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Well I am just happy I get 4 more years without a nuclear war. People in power that say things like you do agitate others and when people have nukes or large war machines that creates issues. Clinton was a reflection of her voters and that's really what you want representing the USA, diaper pins and cry babies?

If you cant engage in a robust intellectual repertoire and just make simpleton comments then your better off not responding. If you can engage in the chess game and win then it would be intellectually dishonest of me to argue but your not.

You nor the protestors can make a single well reasoned argument for really anything. Other than Clinton go the popular vote ... ok so that just means there are ALOT of babies in this nation, that's not saying much. Myself and my friends had to endure 8 years of Obama and fight to stay employed as he slowly dismantled the economy and we did not riot or destroy property.

Would it kill you to be happy about the hope that Trump may bring GOOD paying jobs back to the USA and get out of this service economy rut we are in. Maybe you kept your well paying job through out all of this like I did but be sure you are lucky as am I. A lot of people with good jobs, families, homes lost it all with all the shanaigans the govt has done over the last decade or so and many never recovered and were forced to take low end soul crushing crap jobs just to make ends meet, that's not my America.

The republicans before Obama were no better but Trump is not a republican.
There has been no intellectual repertoire to respond to here. All I've heard is, liberals are cry-babies, I'll lose my job if clinton wins. Paranoia really not much strength to be found here.

Also a lot of assumptions. I hope Trump does fulfill his promises but unlike you. I'm not so gullible to believe everything he says without a healthy amount of skepticism.

And you should give yourself more credit. You've earned the right to keep your job.

Old 11-23-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
There has been no intellectual repertoire to respond to here. All I've heard is, liberals are cry-babies, I'll lose my job if clinton wins. Paranoia really not much strength to be found here.

Also a lot of assumptions. I hope Trump does fulfill his promises but unlike you. I'm not so gullible to believe everything he says without a healthy amount of skepticism.

And you should give yourself more credit. You've earned the right to keep your job.
But why would I vote for a candidate who supports a nation who is purposely flooding the market with oil. Yes I am VERY good at my job but it gets old stepping over the boxes of everyone everytime there is a mass lay off. Sometimes they are my friends and they were good at their jobs but they were in drilling and when drilling stops ... well.

Not only that but Saudi supports terrorism, human rights violations, mutilation of women, etc. Why would I support a woman who is suspected of having numerous people killed who could have testified against her. Clinton and Obama were selling the Saudis high tech weapons so that they could posture without any R&D efforts (because they are not capable of R&D). If you want to leverage an F-16 then go build one and then you get some respect.

Also how can you argue that the rioters and safe space people with the diaper pins are anything but cry babies, its not even a euphemism they are literally throwing a temper tantrum, LITTERALLY!! Unless its not real and was all fabricated by the onion, if so then my hat is off to the onion and you win that point. I actually really hope this was a big orchestration by the onion or a like organization.

Old 11-23-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
But why would I vote for a candidate who supports a nation who is purposely flooding the market with oil. Yes I am VERY good at my job but it gets old stepping over the boxes of everyone everytime there is a mass lay off. Sometimes they are my friends and they were good at their jobs but they were in drilling and when drilling stops ... well.

Not only that but Saudi supports terrorism, human rights violations, mutilation of women, etc. Why would I support a woman who is suspected of having numerous people killed who could have testified against her. Clinton and Obama were selling the Saudis high tech weapons so that they could posture without any R&D efforts (because they are not capable of R&D). If you want to leverage an F-16 then go build one and then you get some respect.

Also how can you argue that the rioters and safe space people with the diaper pins are anything but cry babies, its not even a euphemism they are literally throwing a temper tantrum, LITTERALLY!! Unless its not real and was all fabricated by the onion, if so then my hat is off to the onion and you win that point. I actually really hope this was a big orchestration by the onion or a like organization.
Because not all Liberals and registered Democrats are out on the streets protesting. And most of them are not rioting. Quite frankly it seems any form of protests about anything whether it is not standing before the flag or addressing the vice president elect at a musical is considered whining and crying by certain people who don't want to hear it. And the safety pins, why would anyone get up in arms about that? Is it really that serious?

I don't fully agree with the protest but this is how they have chosen to voice their opinions just like so many others had chosen to whine about Obama for eight years on the internet. That's how you chose to deal with it. You've probably been called a whiner for expressing your views in that fashion.

BTW, the U.S. started exporting crude oil again. Have you ever thought that maybe this alone could create more jobs in this industry instead of slashing them?

Last edited by Ro2113; 11-23-2016 at 03:30 PM..

Old 11-23-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Because not all Liberals and registered Democrats are out on the streets protesting. And most of them are not rioting. Quite frankly it seems any form of protests about anything whether it is not standing before the flag or addressing the vice president elect at a musical is considered whining and crying by certain people who don't want to hear it. And the safety pins, why would anyone get up in arms about that? Is it really that serious?

I don't fully agree with the protest but this is how they have chosen to voice their opinions just like so many others had chosen to whine about Obama for eight years on the internet. That's how you chose to deal with it. You've probably been called a whiner for expressing your views in that fashion.

BTW, the U.S. started exporting crude oil again. Have you ever thought that maybe this alone could create more jobs in this industry instead of slashing them?
The diaper pins (lets call them what they are) is the lowest common denominator with the democrats. The fact that there is any rioting going on is an issue and the states should use the national guard because these people are destroying property. I have no issues with the protesting (but its still redicluos because they don't even know what they are protesting about).

The only reason we are now exporting is because Saudi is finally going bankrupt over their little shinanigans but if they had Clinton to prop them up with political favors and arms they could really tank our economy and Russia would have responded to the economic warfare.

I know exactly what I am complaining about and while you may not care about oil jobs and the families attached to them I do and the Clintons were attached at the hip to Saudi that's really all there is to it.

So to simplify this because you seem to like to skip over major points how could you support someone who supports a nation who supports terrorism wages economic warfare against American families and is strongly suspected of having people killed for political gain?

If Bernie had been the democratic nomination I may have voted different, but Clinton is a deplorable human being and supports nations who hate us. And no I have no issues with blowing up and taking resources from nations who hate us and try to destroy us. If it comes down to it I am ok with drilling through the glass layer over the middle east.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:00 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
1. Do you think it would be better to eliminate the Electoral College. Why or why not?

2. Do you think that more people would vote if the winner was simply the person who received the most votes? And in conjunction with that, do you think that a POTUS candidate must receive at least 50.01 percent of the popular vote (with one or more run-off elections, if necessary)?

3. Do you think that if the Electoral College system were eliminated, that people living in large metropolitan areas would determine who would be POTUS from then on?
I don't like it, but I realize something.

In mob rule with the majority of the populace dependent upon Government, they will continue to vote for what they can collect through the public treasury leading to Bankruptcy.

A true Democracy only works if the people of the country have the right values in place.

But we don't have them anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates