Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 01:46 PM

18,413 posts, read 19,072,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What difference does it make if one is running for president? Because they put on a PC face and act one way for the public does not make them any better than those being themselves 100% of the time.
All through history we have had presidents that have done immoral and illegal things.

Exactly when and how do you come to the belief that Trump gives legitimacy and support to hate groups?
Mock the disabled? Media propaganda.
Fear mongering?
you not "knowing" turning a blind eye to trump basic platform on which he ran, gives legitimacy and support to hate groups by his actions and words. I don't really have to link a photo of the now famous face and body contortions trump made when he mocked a disabled man. hard to imagine you have that much selective memory.

Old 12-22-2016, 01:47 PM

9,827 posts, read 11,591,829 times
Trump is in unique situation For the first time nobody wants to attend his inauguration party.
There was a great skit on SnL about this.
This dude has offended and pissed off so many people that, nobody but "Sore Winners" wants to be around him on.

Old 12-22-2016, 01:59 PM

2,505 posts, read 1,883,244 times
My high school band marched and played at John F. Kennedy's inauguration.....almost froze to death.

If I had a child today in a high school marching band, that child would NOT be marching for the inauguration of Donald Trump. Not if it were a hot day at the North Pole; not if it were a cold day in hell. No respect will be shown for that man in my household.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:03 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,731,011 times
They are probably just waiting for Trump to send the check. He has a history of not paying his bills.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:04 PM

13,289 posts, read 8,497,223 times
I think the band should go and play one tune: You're so vain.

Sometimes music can soothe the savage beast, but in this case I think the band would have the last roar

Must say watching the three stooges is appropriate considering it will be four years of it.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:05 PM

36,692 posts, read 31,000,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you not "knowing" turning a blind eye to trump basic platform on which he ran, gives legitimacy and support to hate groups by his actions and words. I don't really have to link a photo of the now famous face and body contortions trump made when he mocked a disabled man. hard to imagine you have that much selective memory.
I've seen it. What I'm not is brainwashed by the media.
What exactly do you consider his platform that gives "legitimacy" to hate groups?

Old 12-22-2016, 02:10 PM

18,413 posts, read 19,072,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I've seen it. What I'm not is brainwashed by the media.
What exactly do you consider his platform that gives "legitimacy" to hate groups?
the list is endless, lets start with his inability to disavow david duke right off the bat. hiring bannon another win for hate. if you can't see why this is troubling I can't help you.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:27 PM

14,437 posts, read 14,379,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
"bringing this country together"

He can't do worse in dividing this country than the president we have now.

Barack HUSSEIN Obama tried hard to divide this country by race and by wealth.
He succeeded.

Race relations are worse now than 8 years ago.

Barack HUSSEIN Obama would make a great Union buster because one way to bust a Union is to get the workers divided.
When Obama was President he kept Bob Gates as Secretary of Defense. Gates served under George W. Bush and was his cabinet pick. When Bush took office he named democrat Norm Mineta as Secretary of Transportation.

So far, Donald Trump's cabinet does not contain a single democrat. Any candidate who loses the popular vote by 3 million votes ought to at least be trying to work with the opposition. I don't see it. I see a Secretary of Education who seems to oppose public education. I see a Secretary of Energy who doesn't believe there should be an energy department. I see an EPA administrator who opposes most regulation of air and water pollution. If you personally happen to believe in such extreme positions, at least take note that most of the country does not.

The point isn't whether you supported Donald Trump or you didn't. The point is that--so far--I don't see any attempt to even admit there is an opposition, let alone try to be conciliatory towards them.

All of the points you raised are subjective ones. Some people believe Obama divided the country others believe he did not. What's different about my post is that I'm suggesting there is an objective criteria by which you can determine whether a candidate is trying to bring the country together or not. That criteria is to look at the appointments that have been made. Again, none of these people are democrats, so I have to conclude--objectively--that Trump isn't interested in holding out any olive branch towards those people who supported another presidential candidate.

I agree that the inauguration of a new president is a time when the country should be trying to come together. Trump has already taken a difficult situation and made it worse by not even holding out the olive branch to his opponents.

I had hoped Trump would see the need to reach out across the fence. He has not done so. Its hard for me and so many of us to look up on his inauguration as a "welcome event" for this nation.

By coincidence, my daughter happens to be in a very high quality marching band. I am grateful they were not asked to participate in the inaugural parade. It would have forced me into making a very difficult decision.

Last edited by markg91359; 12-22-2016 at 02:52 PM..

Old 12-22-2016, 02:30 PM

2,283 posts, read 1,682,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Trump is in unique situation For the first time nobody wants to attend his inauguration party.
There was a great skit on SnL about this.
This dude has offended and pissed off so many people that, nobody but "Sore Winners" wants to be around him on.
The communications director just breathlessly announced that the Rockettes and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (as they often have) will perform. Also, the young 16 year old vocalist whose name I do not know will sing the anthem (not dissing her - she has a lovely voice).

The reporter pressed for other names involved and the director huffed and puffed and said this would be a celebration for regular people and "big" names were not necessary. He said the only important person who needed to be there was the president-elect. Also, many fewer parties and balls will be held as they want to get "right to work".

Yeah, right. So humorous to see them trying to spin the lack of interest and participation.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:34 PM

24,600 posts, read 17,350,035 times
Trump is not the typical shiny polished politician that talks out of both sides of his or her mouth and that is why he won.
As for numbers if NYC and California was removed from the tally Trump would have won the popular vote as well.

Trump, Hillary, Bernie, Cruz, anyone of them would have been a new chapter for America well except for Hillary but there is a reason to celebrate even with Trump.
I'd like to know what happened to the "peaceful transition of power that is so essential to our government" that the Left was pounding Trump with??

Trump is rocking the boat, draining the swamp and change is never fun or pretty but in this case for the very future of America, necessary.

Anyone that opts out of the inauguration is missing out on history being made and they are all for petty reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates