Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 02:51 PM

18,414 posts, read 19,053,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Trump is not the typical shiny polished politician that talks out of both sides of his or her mouth and that is why he won.
As for numbers if NYC and California was removed from the tally Trump would have won the popular vote as well.

Trump, Hillary, Bernie, Cruz, anyone of them would have been a new chapter for America well except for Hillary but there is a reason to celebrate even with Trump.
I'd like to know what happened to the "peaceful transition of power that is so essential to our government" that the Left was pounding Trump with??

Trump is rocking the boat, draining the swamp and change is never fun or pretty but in this case for the very future of America, necessary.

Anyone that opts out of the inauguration is missing out on history being made and they are all for petty reasons.
trump does talk out of both sides of his mouth. if his lips are moving.... pretending the big populations centers, ca and ny were removed is asinine, you don't get to pretend part of a population doesn't exist. what we do know based on reality Hillary kicked trump's ass in the popular votes.

this is a peaceful transition. the left will be as supportive as the right was to Obama.

trump has not drained the swap by any means.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:58 PM

25,609 posts, read 17,346,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Trump is in unique situation For the first time nobody wants to attend his inauguration party.
There was a great skit on SnL about this.
This dude has offended and pissed off so many people that, nobody but "Sore Winners" wants to be around him on.
You should really get your "news" from somewhere else.

You do realize those are only actors, right?

Old 12-22-2016, 03:02 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,021,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
That's the way I see it. I wouldn't let my younger children watch the debates or any of his speeches. I don't want them thinking Trump's words, tone, attitude, or behavior is acceptable.

They won't watch (much less attend) his inauguration.
Same here, every word. My 15 year old finds him offensive in every way all by herself .

Alot of people just don't like this guy.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:05 PM

2,502 posts, read 1,878,108 times
Quote:
Trump is not the typical shiny polished politician that talks out of both sides of his or her mouth and that is why he won.
As for numbers if NYC and California was removed from the tally Trump would have won the popular vote as well.

Trump, Hillary, Bernie, Cruz, anyone of them would have been a new chapter for America well except for Hillary but there is a reason to celebrate even with Trump.
I'd like to know what happened to the "peaceful transition of power that is so essential to our government" that the Left was pounding Trump with??

Trump is rocking the boat, draining the swamp and change is never fun or pretty but in this case for the very future of America, necessary.

Anyone that opts out of the inauguration is missing out on history being made and they are all for petty reasons.
As far as I can tell, he has the rare and unique talent of talking out of another part of his body....

Well, on second thought....it's not that rare and unique among politicians.

Last edited by jamary1; 12-22-2016 at 03:23 PM..

Old 12-22-2016, 04:00 PM

24,540 posts, read 17,291,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
As far as I can tell, he has the rare and unique talent of talking out of another part of his body....

Now that is funny.

I still think that any inauguration is an important mark in history and should be treated as such.
I guess the sore losers when asked 25 years from now "where were you when.." they will respond " I was on my couch watching reruns of Gilligans Island"

One has to keep an open mind when it comes to Trump and stop worrying we will be OK.

I think it is a shame that kids are missing out because their parents are such haters.

Old 12-22-2016, 04:05 PM

45,494 posts, read 60,718,893 times
Quote:
Now that is funny.

I still think that any inauguration is an important mark in history and should be treated as such.
I guess the sore losers when asked 25 years from now "where were you when.." they will respond " I was on my couch watching reruns of Gilligans Island"

One has to keep an open mind when it comes to Trump and stop worrying we will be OK.

I think it is a shame that kids are missing out because their parents are such haters.
Your last statement is the kicker. Being invited is kind of a gold medal for high school bands.

Old 12-22-2016, 04:24 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,685,759 times
Quote:

Well thank you Todd for that bit of enlightenment. Up until now I presumed most could determine for themselves what level of character Trump had, but now with this new information I'm left to wonder if we all got it wrong.. Seriously though, Trump is most surely "shiny," and if his lack of factual references utilized in his own defense of himself weren't enough to cause a raised eyebrow than one can offer the conclusion that folks such as yourself just don't care about theses shortcomings, or, like the many who were full of hope and change some years back, you simply are overjoyed at the prospect of "your man" winning the marbles.

Bands come and go in the inaugural process but a man's character remains tied to his words and actions. Trump is every bit as hated by his detractors as was Obama by his, the difference between the two lies in the fact of their character, and however one feels I'd have to say Obama was a much more dignified man in spite of his own shortcomings. This is about what the Donald stands for, and that is so easy to see, just look at the cabal of money and power he's amassed with the ostensible task of helping the average citizen. America could have waited for him to appoint some real do-ers, real uniters, but instead we get Bannon and the likes of Tillerson, the new secretary of oil. It's all about the money Todd. especially when it's about Trump..

Old 12-22-2016, 04:35 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,965,958 times
What do you expect from crybaby butthurt sore losing liberals? Par for the course. Most expect this type of action from them. They are really exposing themselves to the kind of people I always knew they were. Loving it!!!

Old 12-22-2016, 04:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,045,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Well some might argue they don't won't to expose their kids to a vile, despicable human being and his barking trained seals.
You mean Hillary is throwing a party too? I agree with your description, who'd want to go to that?

Old 12-22-2016, 04:46 PM

568 posts, read 700,228 times
Attention Crybabys: Tampons, Crayons, and Play-Do will be available at the inauguration for those that need comfort...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates