Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 01:47 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
No, it doesn't.

You honestly believe that the suicide rate is so high in the TG population because of society and that the TGs themselves have ZERO to do with it. That they apparently have no choice other than to commit suicide. That is a false assumption. There is a reason the rate is so high, and you are ignoring it.
I have not stated that transgenders have zero to do with it. I am stating that societal/familial rejection, harrassment, and violence are a major contributing factor. If that is not the case, please cite your source. I did not make any judgment at all as to whether someone does or doesn't have a choice in committing suicide.

Quote:
You haven't looked into the school curriculum that is developmental inappropriate for children that is being forced into the school systems WITHOUT notifying parents about it.
No, I missed that. If you'd like to repost it I'll take a look. My kid must have missed that particular missive.

Quote:
You haven't ACKNOWLEDGED the lawsuits by TGs who were given multiple options as to where to use facilities within the school system who instead demand that they and only they get to decide where to go REGARDLESS of the 99.5% other students, trampling their right to privacy. And ADA does not apply (even if they were a disabled person class) because putting in a ramp or lowering a faucet or adding in captions or having a system for the deaf does not infringe on anyone ELSE's rights.
I have said I don't think the general public is ready for the school locker room thing yet. I've said it several times now. I can't stop other people from bringing lawsuits.

Quote:
You haven't acknowledged that they are a minority, which makes them a protected class, legally.
No, I don't acknowledge the falsehood that hate crimes a prosecuted as a matter of course when a transgender person is involved in a crime. They aren't. You have to have some evidence of such.

Quote:
I don't give a fig if you agree with me.
Apparently you don't give a fig enough to read what I'm writing either. Which makes for a very one sided discussion.

Quote:
But stop deluding yourself that you understand this situation from all sides. You don't. You just keep parroting that people need to get over there icky feelings about TGs. Because when the icky feelings go away, why that solves everything. Those 5 year olds reallllly benefit from sex training in kindergarten, they really do. And why that suicide rate will drop POOF, just like that overnight.

Be honest with yourself. Take a look at the information people are SHOWING YOU. You are uninformed on most of the issues surrounding TG.
Actually, when the icky feelings go away, a great deal of the problems are solved. Not all, and not overnight. But when it comes down to it, icky feelings are at the root of most of the discord.

Old 03-28-2017, 02:05 PM

1,640 posts, read 795,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Please don't hurt my feelings!
Lol

Old 03-28-2017, 03:21 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
It's a cold, hard fact of life that if you literally go out of your WAY to 'stand-out' (from the rest of the crowd) you WILL be facing hardships, as a DIRECT result of YOUR DECISION to continue to do so.

It is'nt rocket science, and it should'nt HAVE to be, so QUIT dragging science, psychology and/or religion into it, because it's just a simple matter of learning how to FIT IN, in order to successfully navigate an ever increasingly fast-paced, overpopulated and UNCARING world, outside your front door.

FIT IN, or don't.

It's YOUR choice...and it always has been since the day you turn(ed) 18 and go out into the world.

ADAPT or DIE.
Interesting argument. I think transgender individuals actually are trying to fit in. They feel like they don't fit in as they were born.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:25 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,465,877 times
I'm not disgusted by trans people, but yes, it is a condition called gender dysphoria and requires actual medical diagnosis and treatment. Its not as simple as an "identity" like these leftist millennials like to make it out to be. With that being said, they need to be respected as human beings and people should be empathetic to their struggle. They didn't choose to feel they were born as the wrong gender.

Also children should NOT be transitioning. I do NOT support getting hormones to change a little boy to a little girl or vice versa. Its a huge life decision and they should be at the very least 16 to make such a life altering choice.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:49 PM

6,473 posts, read 6,681,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

I guess Spain is uncivilized, then. France? How about Germany?

Countries Where Public Nudity Is Allowed - BuzzScoops

Ok, I can admit when I'm wrong. I thought nudity was allowed in only a limited number of nude beaches in Europe, so I have definitely learned something. (Although Germany and some of the other countries in the article do have restrictions regarding certain places.)

I stand corrected.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:19 PM

381 posts, read 277,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
At work, we just had to take mandatory "transgender" training. Not kidding. 188 work days left.

Pray tell

Old 03-28-2017, 04:57 PM

10,069 posts, read 7,241,915 times
It's amazing to me how many of you are using the same arguments that were used against homosexuals 15-20 years ago.

In another 10 years you all are going to look as backward as those who today say that homosexuality is a mental illness that requires therapy.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:50 PM

1,559 posts, read 1,049,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

Everyone who looks and acts like a man uses one restroom; everyone who looks and acts like a woman uses the other. Until recent legislation, that's how it was done.
Makes sense to me.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:01 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
The very sentence in bold disputes your theory.

It says "a state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones)."

In other words, if our society accepts that the female gender, for example, can include persons that have male primary sex characteristics and chromosomes but identify personally as women, then it is so.

It's really up to society if we choose to include transgenders as we define males and females.

Biological and social cultural are two different forces, although both share the fundamental of evolve and identity. The first is relatively nature vs nature and the latter, largely nurture.
To put it simply, Biological: "What am I?" (eg. I am a male human species), Social and cultural: "Who am I?" (eg.I am the guy in mini skirt on stage). A state of being male or female does not equate to original being.

In other words your translation is poor.

Old 03-28-2017, 07:41 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,663,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
It's amazing to me how many of you are using the same arguments that were used against homosexuals 15-20 years ago.

In another 10 years you all are going to look as backward as those who today say that homosexuality is a mental illness that requires therapy.
I'm not sure if you are talking about me, but I have accepted homosexuality completely since I first understood the concept at a young age. I would like you to point out the arguments that are the same that were used against homosexuals.

Here's the big difference. For the most part, homosexuality doesn't affect anybody but the person themselves. This isn't the case for transgender people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates