Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 08:05 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,171,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
How can you advocate for arming teachers when you can't or won't answer these simple direct questions that were posed to you?
I could give my opinion, but you are not worth my time.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:11 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
You wouldn't be posting it for me, but rather for the poster who asked you the question which you summarily dismissed.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
You wouldn't be posting it for me, but rather for the poster who asked you the question which you summarily dismissed.
Yes I did, because the questions were ridiculous and not worthy of answer.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:35 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
This was during War time that may make a difference. Had a little Police Action going on.

brushrunner
Just the war zone or everywhere you were at while in the military? Like in transport to and from the warzone you has your weapon with you on the plane or ship?

Old 02-28-2018, 06:41 AM

Quote:
That is for the schools to decide.

The rest of your post is irrational nonsense.
This is your suggestion, I would hope you could discuss it rationally.

Quote:
Only in the mind of a statist.
Stats do matters. I have no problem with children carrying maths with them in school.

Quote:
Or in other words, you can't answer
That is what I infer.
Quote:
It's not my place to answer.
You seem t ohave a lot of broad opinions but are short on specifics...
Quote:
That is not very nice.
Quote:
Yes I did, because the questions were ridiculous and not worthy of answer.
I believe that is where the "Debate" in "Great Debates" comes from...

Old 02-28-2018, 09:41 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,526,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
This was during War time that may make a difference. Had a little Police Action going on.
brushrunner
Sorry to butt in here, not my back and forth, I know, but the Police Action usually refers to The Korean War, eh? Wasn't the M14 a later weapon?

Old 02-28-2018, 09:52 AM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
Quote:
That is for the schools to decide.

The rest of your post is irrational nonsense.
There is nothing irrational about it at all.

The possibility of students dying accidentally if armed teachers were in every school is a very real one. The likelihood that a gun could be taken, used by a student against others, used by a teacher who snapped, or other accidental deaths, would be greater than the chance of a mass shooting ever happening.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post

The possibility of students dying accidentally if armed teachers were in every school is a very real one. The likelihood that a gun could be taken, used by a student against others, used by a teacher who snapped, or other accidental deaths, would be greater than the chance of a mass shooting ever happening.
I agree.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:

Which is a minimal risk that would be dealt with on a school to school(state to state ?) bases. Let the people vote on it. I and my daughters that have children would feel better knowing their teacher was armed. If the program proved to be a failure, it would be easy to end. Doing nothing on school sites and instead whining for gun control is not a viable option.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:19 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,526,811 times
Quote:

Your Concerns are valid.
The odds are against any mass shooting ever happening again are immense.

There is no reason to recruit teachers to carry to school. It is reasonable to allow teachers who have been trained to carry by individual permit. Then add signage replacing gun free zone decals with a big warning sign:
INDIVIDUALS IN THIS BUILDING ARE ARMED AND TRAINED TO PROTECT OCCUPANTS AND ARE AUTHORISED TO USE DEADLY FORCE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates