Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 02:36 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times

Advertisements

I'm sure this topic has been gone though many time already and will be again but here it goes.

IS the IRS illegal and unconstitutional ? We get money taken out of every check we get and then we have to pay the IRS again at tax time. I know a person who refuse to file because they feel that the government takes more then enough out of their check every week already. I have to agree with this myself we work hard for that money to feed our families put clothes on their back and hopefully save some to retire and go on vacations. So IF the IRS is an illegal why then are they allowed to function and why do we keep filing every year and at the same time letting them take money from our income?

From the site listed below these are my biggest reason/questions I'm against the IRS. The rest of the site will be listed below.

1. If not an organization within the U.S. Department of the Treasury, then what exactly is the IRS?

The IRS appears to be a collection agency working for foreign banks and operating out of Puerto Rico under color of the Federal Alcohol Administration (“FAA”). But the FAA was promptly declared unconstitutional inside the 50 States by the U.S. Supreme Court in the case of U.S. v. Constantine, 296 U.S. 287 (1935), because Prohibition had already been repealed.

2. By what legal authority, if any, has the IRS established offices inside the 50 States of the Union?

Answer: The IRS appears to be a collection agency working for foreign banks and operating out of Puerto Rico under color of the Federal Alcohol Administration (“FAA”). But the FAA was promptly declared unconstitutional inside the 50 States by the U.S. Supreme Court in the case of U.S. v. Constantine, 296 U.S. 287 (1935), because Prohibition had already been repealed.

31 Questions and Answers about the IRS, Revision 3.4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 03:01 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Are you saying the 16th Amendment is illegal, or just the IRS? If you want to make an argument, you'd do better than to quote a known internet crackpot.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Are you saying the 16th Amendment is illegal, or just the IRS? If you want to make an argument, you'd do better than to quote a known internet crackpot.
How would quoting something from government site be any different then the site I used?
And I asking IF the IRS is illegal why isn't do they continue to operate?

Old 04-05-2018, 11:36 AM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times
The IRS is a necessary evil but what gets me is how the Feds and states use our hard earned money or should I say waste it.
In my state welfare abuse is rampant yet the ones in charge do very little to curb the waste and in many cases actually block legislature that would attempt to clean it up.

What really gets me though is how we can work hard and smart for decades pinching pennies to buy property and make some investments and then when we go to cash out we get hit hard with even more taxes.
How does that make sense?

Benjamin Franklin once wrote in 1789 that Nothing is certain in this life but death and taxes and it is still true.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:27 PM

19,027 posts, read 27,585,087 times
Ask Wesley Snipes. He'll give you lots of insight on who's legal or not and who has upper muscle.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:28 PM

19,027 posts, read 27,585,087 times
And I bet you, he had plenty of legal advise from those who know IRS all through.

Old 04-06-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The IRS is a necessary evil but what gets me is how the Feds and states use our hard earned money or should I say waste it.

What really gets me though is how we can work hard and smart for decades pinching pennies to buy property and make some investments and then when we go to cash out we get hit hard with even more taxes.
How does that make sense?

Roads etc were fixed before the IRS ever came into play, so I don't see the point in them being around.
people work their tails off just to have a good potion of it taken from their paychecks and again come tax time.
I agree 100% with paying property taxes our house is paid off and the state or anyone helped us pay it off! Nor did anyone else pay for the up keep or helped kept the lawn cut, etc.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:12 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,001,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I'm sure this topic has been gone though many time already and will be again but here it goes.

IS the IRS illegal and unconstitutional ? We get money taken out of every check we get and then we have to pay the IRS again at tax time. I know a person who refuse to file because they feel that the government takes more then enough out of their check every week already. I have to agree with this myself we work hard for that money to feed our families put clothes on their back and hopefully save some to retire and go on vacations. So IF the IRS is an illegal why then are they allowed to function and why do we keep filing every year and at the same time letting them take money from our income?

From the site listed below these are my biggest reason/questions I'm against the IRS. The rest of the site will be listed below.

1. If not an organization within the U.S. Department of the Treasury, then what exactly is the IRS?

The IRS appears to be a collection agency working for foreign banks and operating out of Puerto Rico under color of the Federal Alcohol Administration (“FAA”). But the FAA was promptly declared unconstitutional inside the 50 States by the U.S. Supreme Court in the case of U.S. v. Constantine, 296 U.S. 287 (1935), because Prohibition had already been repealed.

2. By what legal authority, if any, has the IRS established offices inside the 50 States of the Union?

Answer: The IRS appears to be a collection agency working for foreign banks and operating out of Puerto Rico under color of the Federal Alcohol Administration (“FAA”). But the FAA was promptly declared unconstitutional inside the 50 States by the U.S. Supreme Court in the case of U.S. v. Constantine, 296 U.S. 287 (1935), because Prohibition had already been repealed.

31 Questions and Answers about the IRS, Revision 3.4
The IRS is an agency under the Department of the Treasury here is a link to agencies that fall under the DoT: https://www.treasury.gov/about/organ...s/default.aspx

The 16th amendment to the Constitution made income tax a requirement for the people. Amendment XVI
The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several states, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

The 16th amendment answers your question 2.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
The IRS is an agency under the Department of the Treasury here is a link to agencies that fall under the DoT: https://www.treasury.gov/about/organ...s/default.aspx

The 16th amendment to the Constitution made income tax a requirement for the people. Amendment XVI
The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several states, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

The 16th amendment answers your question 2.

Who does the taxes benefit? Where does our money go?

Old 04-06-2018, 05:47 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Who does the taxes benefit? Where does our money go?
Let me google that for you. It's basically defense, social security, healthcare programs, and interest on the national debt:

https://www.cbpp.org/research/federa...tax-dollars-go

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/18/pf/t...ent/index.html

https://www.nationalpriorities.org/b...-101/spending/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates