Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2018, 10:05 PM

325 posts, read 371,678 times

Advertisements

When I smoked back in the day, I made a promise to myself I would never try anything but marijuana. But MJ? That I did all day, every day. Before classes, during work, etc. Never did anything more, though I had the opportunity. Just tonight I said to my husband, "I'm so glad I never tried anything else. I might have liked it."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 10:06 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,634,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
Joints and Cheetos for everybody! Just dont drive.
Don't forget the brownies.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:05 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
no matter what documents anyone quotes, or what news rag you post links from, the reality is that if pot was legal nationwide, there would be MUCH FEWER opioid deaths/overdoses/moves to heroin and or any other crap that will kill you for sure.
Whether you like the idea of legal pot or not, since we'll NEVER win ANY "war on drugs", its far wiser to let people treat their pain with pot/pot derivatives, then forcing them to Heroin, or the poison that the Pharma companies somehow get to advertise on tv 24/7...
Keep in mind, the Govt cracked down EXTREMELY hard on pharma, doctors, pill mills, etc, back in 2012. try to get a prescription for any opioid drug from an ER or doctor today...its almost impossible!

The pharma industry is not as power or influential as many people think, if this was true, they would have ensured their most popular drugs (Oxycontin, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, etc) remain EASILY accessible.

Old 06-22-2018, 05:57 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
That's amazing. I don't even know one pot dealer, and you know enough to make blanket statements.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Just curious: Were any other drugs involved besides marijuana?
No, just marihuana.

Tenants constantly complained to the landlord they couldn't walk through the hallway without getting stoned, and the tenants on either side, and across the hall and directly upstairs constantly complained of the smell. The landlord came over one night, a week-night, got pissed off and call us. We came with a warrant and he let us in the apartment. The idiot was so stoned he fell down twice trying to get to the bathroom to flush his stink-weed. The place was a filthy pig-sty. We called social services and a social worker showed up to take the kids. We carted out four banker's boxes full of bongs and pipes. They literally had a bong or a pipe for every day of the month, and then some. They had bongs and pipes in the kitchen, in the bathroom, in the bedroom, in drawers in the bedroom furniture, and all over the living room, and two brown-paper grocery bags filled with stink-weed, so they got hit with trafficking charges, and not just a possession charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Do you realize how many injuries or deaths have been caused by drinking alcohol on the job?
Yes, and it's a very sad thing.

There's a trial right now in Kenton County, Kentucky for a man that was drunk and stoned on marihuana. He passed a vehicle in a no-passing zone at a speed of 98 MPH (his car had a black-box) and smashed into a family of five, killing both parents and the three children instantly.

Trial underway for driver in crash that killed family of 5

Alcohol needs to be more strictly regulated, with much more severe penalties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I call B.S on 98% of your post
Well, hard-core druggies tend to do that.

Old 06-22-2018, 07:21 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
Joints and Cheetos for everybody! Just dont drive.
There’s an annual cannabis festival in Colorado that I read the cops handed out bags of Doritos!

Old 06-22-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Keep in mind, the Govt cracked down EXTREMELY hard on pharma, doctors, pill mills, etc, back in 2012. try to get a prescription for any opioid drug from an ER or doctor today...its almost impossible!

The pharma industry is not as power or influential as many people think, if this was true, they would have ensured their most popular drugs (Oxycontin, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, etc) remain EASILY accessible.
They Fent their most profitable drugs, because they are cheap, with genetics common. I paid less than $10 for mine before and after my back surgery. Their most profitable drugs are those still under patent. I read that new drug Harvoni, which is the only drug that free Hepatitis C (which eventually kills people) costs $95,000 for a 12-week course. I don’t believe they have lost any power, but I think they know they have to give on this due to political pressure and bills being signed in states where the problem is worst. There is a strong link between areas of poverty such as the coal mining towns of West Virginia and heroin addiction, but to government it’s easier to get rid of the pills than to deal with the poverty. I don’t think banning the pillls is going to stop the heroin addiction crisis.

I think it’s terrible that it is now being withheld from those who need it. I work in skilled nursing home rehab, and we get elderly people 2 days post-surgery who are in pain, and all they ordered for pain is Tylenol or Tramadol, neither of which can touch pain like that.

I never felt high in the slightest when I took them. They kept me alive during a months long period where I was literally crawling to the bathroom and back due to the most excrutiating pain I have ever experienced.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 06-22-2018 at 07:49 PM..

Old 06-23-2018, 06:29 AM

Sorry I have a small phone, clumsy fingers and auto correct is insane. First line should actually be “they aren’t their most profitable drugs” and should be generics are common, not genetics. Spotting lots more, I apologize!

Old 06-23-2018, 06:47 AM

256 posts, read 140,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Sorry I have a small phone, clumsy fingers and auto correct is insane. First line should actually be “they aren’t their most profitable drugs” and should be generics are common, not genetics. Spotting lots more, I apologize!
Glad you clarified your post... I was almost done reading it and thought :
"I want to smoke some of what she has!!!"

Old 06-23-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2dathird View Post
Glad you clarified your post... I was almost done reading it and thought :
"I want to smoke some of what she has!!!"
I'm too old to type on a phone, lol. I had a job recently in a facility where we had to do our documentation on iPads, which were provided. The under-30's had no issues, but the older folks among the staff bought Bluetooth keyboards for ours, lol.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:43 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They Fent their most profitable drugs, because they are cheap, with genetics common. I paid less than $10 for mine before and after my back surgery. Their most profitable drugs are those still under patent. I read that new drug Harvoni, which is the only drug that free Hepatitis C (which eventually kills people) costs $95,000 for a 12-week course. I don’t believe they have lost any power, but I think they know they have to give on this due to political pressure and bills being signed in states where the problem is worst. There is a strong link between areas of poverty such as the coal mining towns of West Virginia and heroin addiction, but to government it’s easier to get rid of the pills than to deal with the poverty. I don’t think banning the pillls is going to stop the heroin addiction crisis.

I think it’s terrible that it is now being withheld from those who need it. I work in skilled nursing home rehab, and we get elderly people 2 days post-surgery who are in pain, and all they ordered for pain is Tylenol or Tramadol, neither of which can touch pain like that.

I never felt high in the slightest when I took them. They kept me alive during a months long period where I was literally crawling to the bathroom and back due to the most excrutiating pain I have ever experienced.
I should have said the opioid painkillers were the drugs that were most in demand on the street, or blackmarket, Ive seen many times when a single Oxycontin 80mg sold for $120+, this is well above retail prices!

From what Ive seen, this was nothing more than cutting out the competition, all those former pill addicts are now on heroin and giving their money to cartels and drug dealers. The pharma companies lost Billions on this.

Since opioid pain pills were basically outlawed, the drug cartels wealth has greatly increased.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates