Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 12:12 PM

24,756 posts, read 9,549,998 times

Advertisements

Or is there a link between vaccinations and autism? I grew up and had every single vaccination before school started as mandated by the state and school. When I served in the military I had even more vaccinations to further prevent any type of crazy sickness, never had any adverse reactions or conditions due to it.

But as we’ll know there has recently been a movement to go against these “one size fits all” vaccinations
Quote:
There are a variety of reasons behind vaccine opposition. Some people have to forgo different vaccinations due to a high risk of potential allergic reactions. But for most who refuse vaccines it should be known that there is little risk.

Some cite religious beliefs as the reason behind their refusal to get vaccinated, though most mainstream religions do not condemn vaccines.

It was also believed that a vaccine wouldn’t protect you. Those who are vaccinated can still get sick, but they will experience mild symptoms.

People also think the risks outweigh the benefits. This is currently the biggest objection in the United States. Parents cite many medical risks, including autism, as potential consequences of being vaccinated.

There is the common belief that since these diseases have been eliminated, there’s no need for vaccinations. Diseases will only stay eradicated as long as vaccines are still used to prevent them.
https://www.healthline.com/health/va...common-reasons

So are mantary vaccinations for kids good or bad?

Old 10-08-2018, 12:16 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,794,699 times
Which vaccines are you referring to, specifically?

Old 10-08-2018, 12:39 PM

8,272 posts, read 11,028,345 times
I don't want your stinkin' kid coughing and hacking sitting in front of me on some bus, train, or plane.

"Most people understand that we get our immunizations to protect our children and ourselves from vaccine-preventable diseases, which often cause life-threatening infections.

The vaccines we get also protect everyone around us. Herd immunity dictates that if most people are immune to a disease, then it will be unlikely that anyone will get sick and infect anyone in the herd, including those who are unprotected.

Although many who purposely don't vaccinate their children or themselves claim they aren't part of the herd or don't believe in herd immunity, they still are. They are simply an unprotected member of the herd who relies on the rest of us for protection."

LINK

Old 10-08-2018, 12:50 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,417,513 times
The vaccines- autism link has been disproven many, many times. The anti-vaxxers I know believe the earth is only 5,000 years old and they try to cure diseases with "essential oils", These aren't the people I'm going to listen to regarding medical science.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:52 PM

34,145 posts, read 83,166,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Are mandatory vaccinations good for kids?
Are vaccinations good for kids? Yes.
Are mandatory vaccinations of kids good for society? Yes

Those who do NOT agree... are welcome to pack up and move away from society.
Find some patch in the desert where your views won't have a negative or lethal impact on others.
It's not that complicated.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:21 PM

11,094 posts, read 6,691,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The vaccines- autism link has been disproven many, many times. The anti-vaxxers I know believe the earth is only 5,000 years old and they try to cure diseases with "essential oils", These aren't the people I'm going to listen to regarding medical science.
I'm not an anti-vaxxer but if you are so sure they don't cause autism, to what do you attribute the meteoric rise in autism?

Not 5,000 years---6,000, LOL. But we all know it is 4 billion or so!

Old 10-08-2018, 02:45 PM

37,159 posts, read 42,302,670 times
Yes of course.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:38 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,543,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I'm not an anti-vaxxer but if you are so sure they don't cause autism, to what do you attribute the meteoric rise in autism?

There are a myriad of potential causes including better diagnostic techniques and reporting. Why are vaccinations the default explanation?

Old 10-08-2018, 03:47 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,998,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Or is there a link between vaccinations and autism? I grew up and had every single vaccination before school started as mandated by the state and school. When I served in the military I had even more vaccinations to further prevent any type of crazy sickness, never had any adverse reactions or conditions due to it.

But as we’ll know there has recently been a movement to go against these “one size fits all” vaccinations

https://www.healthline.com/health/va...common-reasons

So are mantary vaccinations for kids good or bad?
The autism claim is horse****. Vaccines are good because they keep people from getting PREVENTABLE diseases. Why is this a discussion?

Old 10-08-2018, 03:47 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,719,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

There's no science at all showing a link between autism and vaccines. One doesn't have to "prove" a cause to autism to rule out vaccine use as a cause. Lots of medical conditions have had meteoric increases in modern history, and just because we don't know exactly what the causes are, doesn't mean we can't rule certain things out.

Autism is kinda easy, you already have autism before you get vaccinated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates