Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 03:02 PM

2,792 posts, read 1,648,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think it was because women and children are kind of defenseless against gangs of men.
Exactly this and worded nicely.

Old 01-22-2019, 03:57 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,207,497 times
Male masculinity has been put down for the longest time and the latest is Gillette doing so, so as a Heinz 57 man I must be worthless.

I'm ready to die and happily leave this cr non-male world, I'm sure many men reading this feel the same.

Women on the whole (meaning not all) IMO are not happy to leave this world for various reasons that I won't expand on here.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:18 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,349,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Obviously (by your other statements) you have neither a firm grasp of reality, or a factual viewpoint.
...but haters gonna hate, and the U.S. Military (from which I am medically retired) protects your right to hate us.

No thanks necessary.
Thanks. Saved me from having to respond to the rubbish.

I have guy friends who are protectors.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:41 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,473,778 times
Of course women dying is inherently worse than men dying. Women have wombs. Men are delusional if they think they can survive without women.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:22 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,744,059 times
Women tend to think they are gifted or entitled when men protect and save them. It is only logical that men protect women because they have wombs for reproduction. In the history of our species it only takes a few men and many more women to create a tribe or a nation.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:12 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 11 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,606,656 times
No, for a human being is a human being is a human being - regardless of gender, age, race, orientation, identity, political beliefs, and any other variation you can think of - and probably 10x more that you can't.

I only make an exception for behavior. If the person's behaving shabby or cruelly toward others, then it's probably not so tragic if they die - depending on the severity of the badness of their behavior.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:21 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,933,779 times
Our culture thinks women are more valuable. Men are 80% of suicides, over 90% of work place deaths, there are almost no shelters for abused men, men are sent to die in wars. If some of those statistics were reversed, it would be a crisis, but no one cares since its men.

Just watch commercials. If there are children in the ad, its mostly little girls. Men are often portrayed as stupid or evil.
Colleges now have more female student than male, and yet the women more often benefit from programs to help them succeed. The work place and schools are increasingly hostile to men. A female can destroy a male, just on the basis of an accusation.

None of this is fair, which is why some men are removing themselves from society in general, or even leaving the country.

Old 01-26-2019, 04:34 PM

1,456 posts, read 517,123 times
I've never been one for 'Women First' slogan. My approach is - toss a coin if you canny decide.

Mind you, I gave the same answer to the utilitarian trolley problem. Unless, you're willing to give me more data, I'm gonna say 'toss the coin' and let the one poor bugger have a chance.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:05 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,524,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newne View Post
For all of human history we have had a "we must always defend and protect the women!" attitude and philosophy.. Which makes sense as they have been the ones ton give life, but clearly things are far different today, with over 7 billion humans we most certainly aren't close to going extinct. According to Matthew White’s estimate on the page Worldwide Statistics of Casualties, Massacres, Disasters and Atrocities., a total of about 123 million men died in all wars of the 20th Century. Hypothetically speaking, say the exact same number of women just dropped dead tomorrow as all the number of men who have died in war in the 20th century, while obviously it would be extremely sad and tragic. do you think 123 million women instantly dropping dead would be as inherently worse than the same number of men instantly dropping dead?

Only if they have small children......

Old 01-27-2019, 02:48 AM

83 posts, read 57,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I always thought it was obnoxious, similar to those "BABY ON BOARD!" stickers people put on their back windows. So a 50 year old male accountant is OK with dying in a terrible crash? Or when the news discusses the death toll in natural disasters. "28 people died, including 15 women and children." Like the 13 male victims are just an an afterthought and male deaths don't matter. (I'm a woman BTW).
Yeah, this is one thing that really bothers me as well. If some disaster happens while I certainly understand pointing out how many children died, in this era of women being equal with men and are both supposedly both equally important, why make it an especially big deal because "x number of women" died? If anything, doesn't that just go against what women and feminists say about how women aren't so "weak and defenseless"? If they aren't then surely women dying shouldn't be viewed as something especially unique as when men do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates