Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 07:19 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,410,808 times

Advertisements

its illegal because they are nasty, we need saving from the world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 07:53 PM

372 posts, read 221,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Sadly... Sex slavery of children has existed for hundreds of years. Marriage of young princesses historically was used by powerful figures to solidify political agreements between countries... Just another form of prostitution. Sex slavery of all sorts of youth have been around as old as humanity itself.

We hear a lot more about it in the age of the internet when news is wide and travels fast... It also provides access....

However, the internet could also be used to fight it... But FOSTA/SESTA is a major step backwards created by those that are ignorant of the situation.
Try thousands of years; the Romans had little slave boys called 'fellatores' . I guess you might be able work out what hey did.

Yet, perfectly acceptable within Roman morality; slaves were legally chattel , with no rights. The treatment of slaves in the southern antebellum US was different only by degree.

Marriage became formalised in Europe, what 11th-12th century ce? Before that all that was required for a legal marriage was two people to decide the were married. No witnesses were required. Marriage as a civil contract has always been about property and the legitimacy of heirs. In arranged marriages it was uncommon for a marriage to be consummated before both reached puberty. It was also common for each to live with parents until that time.

The fantasy we call 'romantic love' reached Europe from India, I think around the 14th century.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:08 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,008,666 times
We already have legalized prostitution - it's called Marriage.

But marriage is a bad business deal, especially for men.

What other endeavor would you risk over half of your hard-earned assets in exchange for a verbal promise of forever?

Last edited by Rumann Koch; 04-16-2019 at 02:21 PM..

Old 04-16-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
Omg, I just looked it up. It was capuchin monkeys, and you are right! A monkey gave another one a token in exchange for sex, and right after the sex act was over, the monkey who received the token cashed it in for food. Clearly, prostitution is deep in our DNA.
Women have instinctively used sex to acquire resources for Millennia. It's a natural tool they use to survive.

Sex acts really don't mean that much to women because wealth and status is more important to women than sex, and as long as she gets something in return she will never feel bad about what she has done. The only way for a woman to truly feel degraded is for her to have sex and get NOTHING in return.

Old 04-16-2019, 09:00 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,776,602 times
Woah... steady there bud. That chip's gonna fall off your shoulder

Old 04-17-2019, 03:32 PM

20,419 posts, read 14,725,824 times
Thing is though, much as I don't care for the tone and general attitude of those posts, there's a goodly sized grain of truth there. I think that people will naturally attempt to trade what they have, to get what they want, if there is demand someone will try to supply and profit from whatever. People can be pretty darned transactional in nature and the return on investment has got to be there.

It's a matter of what is being traded for what and how overt are we about it?

Even in a really healthy, happy, good relationship...both are trading things and benefiting, optimally. They are each getting a companion, a teammate. Quality companionship is a thing of value. And to me, a woman, quality sex is, too...since I've experienced enough underwhelming sex and could really go the rest of my life without experiencing any more.

I had a FB at one point, we would get together...sometimes I'd buy him dinner or we'd split a check, a few times he gave me food he had made (the man grew his own garden and made really incredible food, and even dabbled in cheese making I believe.) We had excellent and very stimulating conversation, and excellent and very stimulating sex. I could have quite happily continued on just like that for a long time, but he had other ideas. C'est la vie, oh well. I felt like we had a pretty good rate of exchange, both getting what we wanted without having to give more than we wanted to give.

But in my life, I've seen men falsely dangle promises of love and companionship to get sex, I've seen men use women for money and women use men for money. I've seen people do a lot of shady things under really false pretenses. And that's all legal. A man buying a woman whatever, saucing her up with alcohol, and saying words he does not mean to get sex, all good in the name of the game.

But how dare we be HONEST about it and let the fellow just say he wants to get laid, skip the song and dance and let him pay cash for exactly what he is after? It isn't just public horror at strangers having sex, I mean, strangers hook up all the time who barely know each other. We're not criminalizing that.

It actually reminds me a bit of something. I was polyamorous for about a year, had four partners who not only knew about one another, they knew one another. Some of them also were involved with each other (two of them were a married couple)... I could tell one of my "normal/vanilla" friends about this arrangement and if I said I was dating four people they wouldn't really bat an eye. It was only when I told them about how everyone knew what was up and was cool with it all...there was honesty and consent all around...that jaws would drop. Cheating, well that was a thing they could comprehend. It was the honesty where everything was suddenly way too freaky weird.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:27 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,648,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
Women have instinctively used sex to acquire resources for Millennia. It's a natural tool they use to survive.

Sex acts really don't mean that much to women because wealth and status is more important to women than sex, and as long as she gets something in return she will never feel bad about what she has done. The only way for a woman to truly feel degraded is for her to have sex and get NOTHING in return.
Yes, girls learn this from a very young age too! Ive had a few female friends over the years that really took pride in how good they looked, how nice of a body they had and the immense power they hold over men.

Old 04-17-2019, 11:27 PM

372 posts, read 221,253 times
Quote:
We already have legalized prostitution - it's called Marriage.

But marriage is a bad business deal, especially for men.

What other endeavor would you risk over half of your hard-earned assets in exchange for a verbal promise of forever?
Spoken like a true advocate of feminism!

Or are you just trolling? You're having a laugh, in't ya.

I haven't come across sentiments like that for about 30 years--- and I've been married and divorced.

Old 04-18-2019, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, girls learn this from a very young age too! Ive had a few female friends over the years that really took pride in how good they looked, how nice of a body they had and the immense power they hold over men.
It is called the Power Of The PU$$Y.

Once young girls see the change in how they are treated by adolescing boys becoming interested in them, they begin to hone their sexual attractiveness. I call it 'Guilding The Pu$$Y'. They start accentuating their 'assets' using makeup, wearing 'sexy' clothing, and acting more provocatively. Friends and family encourage it (worst example is JonBenét Ramsey), and the media foments it onto these impressionable young women beginning with Disney's princesses to overtly vulgar music stars (Madonna, Britney, Miley, et al) to skin tight jeans and dental floss bikinis to breast implants, Brazilian butt lifts and designer vaginas.

Everyone and everything uses sex to sell.

It logically follows that sex itself should be an open commodity.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:51 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,648,924 times
Quote:
It is called the Power Of The PU$$Y.

Once young girls see the change in how they are treated by adolescing boys becoming interested in them, they begin to hone their sexual attractiveness. I call it 'Guilding The Pu$$Y'. They start accentuating their 'assets' using makeup, wearing 'sexy' clothing, and acting more provocatively. Friends and family encourage it (worst example is JonBenét Ramsey), and the media foments it onto these impressionable young women beginning with Disney's princesses to overtly vulgar music stars (Madonna, Britney, Miley, et al) to skin tight jeans and dental floss bikinis to breast implants, Brazilian butt lifts and designer vaginas.

Everyone and everything uses sex to sell.

It logically follows that sex itself should be an open commodity.
Yes, exactly!

From what Ive heard from numerous girls, this 'realization' usually happens around 12-14 yrs old, girls start to notice boys and even men, looking at them in a different way (most describe it 'like a piece of meat'). Naturally some girls are going to like this new attention and others do not, just like some learn they can use this to get what they want too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates