Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2020, 05:48 AM

19 posts, read 22,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
With Easter Sunday coming the focus has been on Christianity places of worship. While some are going online or television and others enacting protective measures (handwashing, limit on number allowed inside, spacing) others are flaunting conviction and threatening to go through with normal Easter service. Some politicians have insinuated shutting down all church services entirely. I believe this could open them, the state, up for lawsuits on the grounds of the first amendment. If the state enacts such bans on churches on one religion, Christianity, but does not extend the ban towards other religions nor enforce the bans on those other religions equally then would not that be a violation of the first amendment?

Don't bother... They can't hear you, too much corona Kool-Aid. This no longer America. There is no Constitution... World Government. 1776-2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2020, 03:47 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I don’t see the point of the question. Jews celebrated Passover remotely. I have not heard that Muslims have flaunted the order to not meet together.

The only non compliants that I’ve heard about are certain Christian outliers.

I think your question is off base.
I heard about it in the Middle East not nessisarily in America. Ramadan is later this month, so we'll see if Muslims are similar to Christians. I do know some Jewish are similar to the Christians in doing religious meetings despite social distancing measures.

What bothers me is those that think God will protect them from the virus. I believe we have a limited time on this Earth and that is by design of our creator whether it is God or some other deity/deities. It don't matter how we die, it was just our time to go because we lived our purpose. Anyone that thinks God was protecting them from the virus at church is just idiotic.

Old 04-14-2020, 11:16 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
There is no violation of your rights OP! There is not ban on practicing Religion. In most States, there is a ban on groups of over 10 people congregating in the same space at once. That doesn't mean you can't worship remotely. Most masses were done online today and have been for weeks.

Stores like Walmart are selling essential items and can not be closed. Most stores are limiting the number of people that can be inside and people are forced to be separated by at least 6 feet. Unfortunately, Churches were not enforcing the social distancing rules and have caused many to become sick and even die; therefore, most States have banned them from allowing mass on site at this time. Again, not violating your rights as many are doing online mass instead. Not to mention, one can worship at home! I don't believe there is any religion that says you MUST worship at a Church!

These band were put in place to stop the spread of a disease that is a global pandemic!
I don’t go to church. I hope all religions chose to remain close or act through other means. If they do remain open I hope they enact protective measures. I don’t want the government to enact bans on attending church services entirely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates