Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is shooting arsonists and looters ok
Yes 150 71.77%
No 59 28.23%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 05:55 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,797,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I did not say running.
Shhhh. Quit while you're ahead. You did say running. And even if an attacker is just standing still or approaching you with a walk, are you really going to shoot them in the leg? You get one shot maybe 2 and they're on you.....a meth-head won't care if you hit them in the leg, you'll just be dead. Great idea.......

Have you ever shot a gun?

A suggestion: stay out of discussions you know absolutely nothing about.......?

Old 06-04-2020, 06:06 PM

5,957 posts, read 2,875,868 times
someone about to throw a Molotov cocktail at me or my family is history

Old 06-04-2020, 06:17 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Not okay to shoot to stop property crime.

WRONG!

It's the BEST way to stop property crime.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:48 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
WRONG!

It's the BEST way to stop property crime.

Better be sure of your state laws.

In Texas, for instance, it matters whether the property is "replaceable" or not...and all retail merchandise is replaceable.

Time of day also matters...protecting property with deadly force is legal at night but not during daylight hours.

(I suspect they drew from Exodus 22 in the bible for that one: "If a thief is caught breaking in at night and is struck a fatal blow, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed;but if it happens after sunrise, the defender is guilty of bloodshed.")

Old 06-05-2020, 04:55 AM

828 posts, read 415,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Taunting?

What about lack of training, supervision and discipline?
That would be considered racist. Because higher standards would disproportionately affect blacks.
Like with a lot of jobs. They already have to lower current qualifications due to affirmative action and to try to meet the demand of blacks to hire more black police officers.

Just like Obama with Hud made it discrimination if landlords dont rent to felons. Saying it disproportionately affect blacks.

Cant have it both ways. And blacks complain even now there are not enough black police officers.
But I myself agree with you . Need to have higher standards, pay more if we have to.

But I also believe this is not about race. That is just an excuse to play off of the guilt of slavery and get more entitlements. And to make black culture acceptable. More crime.

Blacks will always play this game. I find blacks more racist. But they say blacks cant be racist. Been then they say what happened in Baltimore was racist so caused riots.

That time just about everyone in charge was black. So proof that does not help or race is the problem.
following where black.
President
US attorney general - highest law enforcement official in the country.
The Mayor of Baltimore
the police chief
The police officer that was considered the most responsible for the death of the thug.
So even if everyone is black pretty sure they will still riot with any excuse.

I did say just about. The Governor was white and a few other police officers.

The whole problem is the culture not race.

Just like they will complain about inequality and call it racist if it helps them get something free.
But like south africa. With blacks in charge has more inequality than any white ruled country.

Old 06-05-2020, 03:52 PM

1,137 posts, read 448,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Hmmmm, you just described George Floyd.......
I don't know anything about George Floyd and I am certainly not saying the cops should have used any excessive force. Whether they did or not, again I don't know, but it will all come out in the trial and if they really used excessive force, they should be held accountable.

I am against crime, no matter who commits it. I have paid little attention to the details on TV as most of that is politically driven agenda information. I believe in our nation, the vast majority of our law enforcement and the vast majority of the justice system.

But, right or wrong, the actions of the cops do not justify riots, looting or violence.

Old 06-05-2020, 04:17 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,183,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve19605 View Post
That would be considered racist. Because higher standards would disproportionately affect blacks.
Like with a lot of jobs. They already have to lower current qualifications due to affirmative action and to try to meet the demand of blacks to hire more black police officers.

Just like Obama with Hud made it discrimination if landlords dont rent to felons. Saying it disproportionately affect blacks.

Cant have it both ways. And blacks complain even now there are not enough black police officers.
But I myself agree with you . Need to have higher standards, pay more if we have to.

But I also believe this is not about race. That is just an excuse to play off of the guilt of slavery and get more entitlements. And to make black culture acceptable. More crime.

Blacks will always play this game. I find blacks more racist. But they say blacks cant be racist. Been then they say what happened in Baltimore was racist so caused riots.

That time just about everyone in charge was black. So proof that does not help or race is the problem.
following where black.
President
The Mayor of Baltimore
the police chief
The police officer that was considered the most responsible for the death of the thug.

Just like they will complain about inequality and call it racist if it helps them get something free.
But like south africa. With blacks in charge has more inequality than any white ruled country.
Since it has been established so long ago that black culture clashes with white culture, why keep forcing it?

Insane expectations, greed, and taunting, that why.

Old 06-05-2020, 05:51 PM

1,485 posts, read 954,228 times
Depends on where you are: for example you can't stand outside and shoot them.

If you're intent on shooting looters and arsonists you should be inside the place as they're breaking in to enter and make sure you shoot them in the front of their body, not while their back is towards you. That way you can claim you felt like your life was in danger

You can't be outside brandishing your firearm. Although the second amendment allows that, wussy dems get scared of it.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Old 06-05-2020, 07:52 PM

7,646 posts, read 4,596,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve19605 View Post

following where black.
President
The Mayor of Baltimore
the police chief

Look, let's keep this discussion on looters and arsonists. Assume they're all wearing ski masks and you have no idea what race they may be if you need to. All races have participated in looting. This applies to all or none.

Old 06-06-2020, 05:37 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,247,648 times
If legal such as the looter has broken into your business or house; yes, shoot 'em. Same if someone has busted in set your place to start a fire.

However, if breaking into a car out in the street there is only one state where that is legal (that I know of); but is needs to be legal in all states (my opinion).

Just remember, you will have to live with causing the death of someone else if the shooting turns deadly. For some of us, that is easy to do, for many, it can be devastating. And even if legal per law and you are not prosecuted, expect some moronic family member to try and sue you in civil court cause their little kid was such a great person and never meant anyone harm (even if they had a gun, baseball bat, manchette, etc., when they broke into the establishment).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates