Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 05:11 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,442,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Liberals have never owned slave's , that was a conservative thing , I choose the lesser of two evils.
Mind you the Republicans freed the slaves.

Old 06-03-2020, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I'm a Latino and I am all too familiar with how these extreme left, radical, liberal White people love to utilize us minorities. What's happening is that these radical, anarchist White liberals are using Latinos and Blacks as a means to fulfill their anarchist, communist dystopian desires. They don't care about empowering us, they use our youth as puppets. They feed off their feeble mindset, their angst, their rage, their victimhood mentality, they remind them of how "oppressed" they are and how they can never be successful in America. They plant thoughts in their heads of how weak they are and how they must fight the system. NEVER, EVER, EVER in my life have I seen these radical leftist in the hood. I grew up in the hood, dirt poor and definitely have had my struggles and adversities. And currently I volunteer with the youth of the ghetto at rec centers. Everything we do is about empowerment, is about educating, is about helping them climbing their ladder, giving them HOPE.

Not one flipping time have I seen any of these WHITE, far left, radical, anarchist come to help and volunteer. Come to help feed the community, come to try and deter these youth from participating in gangs and involving themselves in destructive activities. NEVER, EVER, EVER. WHERE ARE THEY?!?! WHERE!?!?

Yet, when its time to loot, riot, mob out, "bring down whitey", "bring down the patriarchy", and all that other BS, oh, they come out the wood work. NOW we see them, now they "do it for us". Now they're in "solidarity" all of a sudden.

Where's all the solidarity when Blacks are killings blacks? Where's all that riot energy when kids in the hoods are killing each other over TRIVIAL non-sense? WHERE IS IT!?

White liberals need to butt out of the business of minorities. Mostly importantly however, us minorities need to stop waiting for these white liberals approvals, we need to stop letting them infiltrate us. They are our TRUE enemies. Yes, I'm going to go that far and say that they White liberals are the ENEMIES of us minorities but more specifically, Blacks and Latinos. I'm not saying we should be conservatives or Republicans--though I would argue libertarian--but we need to get off the tit of the democrats, off these far-left whiteys who don't give a care about us. Enough is enough, we are NOT victims, we are NOT weak, we are NOT stupid and most importantly, we DO NOT need liberals and democrats any longer. NO MORE. That's it.

This is not about being anti-White because I'm definitely not but I'm sure for those who know, they know, I don't need to explain.

Let's argue.
This communist professor explains why white liberals like to push identity politics.

https://youtu.be/472lCEy4dBw

https://youtu.be/_lyGeROBG0Q

Old 06-03-2020, 06:24 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Mind you the Republicans freed the slaves.
True, but what have they done in the 155 years since for minorities?

Old 06-03-2020, 07:54 AM

922 posts, read 1,111,420 times
OP, you should take a look at the videos of Nestride Yumga, a DC gal. She makes a hell of a lot of sense. YOU make a lot of sense.

I'll be frank here- I am white and I am not going to apologize for it. Why apologize or feel guilty for something that I literally had/have NO control over? How stupid is that? (I'm looking at all you white celebrities/politicians/etc. who are doing this, bunch of morons). NO ONE needs to apologize or feel guilty for being white, black, brown, blue, green or freaking purple.

I will not pander to the people of minorities and you know why? Because that basically says that they are inferior to me in the first place. It says that they NEED my sympathy on account of their skin color and I refuse to buy into that bulls$%t. No one is inferior to me because they are of a different race. Period. Now, if you're a moron and act like a fool and do asinine crap, then we have something to talk about. Moronic behavior has no boundaries with race.

I could pull the "I'm a woman and I'm often treated unfairly" card, too, but what would be the point? I know plenty of men in this world consider me to be inferior just because I have ovaries. The thing is, me screaming my frustration out and going all femi-Nazi isn't going to get my point across. I'm more of the "let them think it, I know the truth" kind of gal. I know my worth. I know my strengths. No one can take that away from me unless I LET IT HAPPEN. Most of the time I just roll my eyes and sigh in the face of a man who tries to act superior to me- honestly, I've realized that making a man realize that he's acting like a fool is the best way to deter that kind of behavior and thinking. I've found that men have a tendency to really hate being thought of as fools and pointing that kind of behavior out makes them stop and think at least for a moment.

I'm not going to change someone's lifelong thought process in a matter of moments and wouldn't even bother to try. I've got other things to do. Feeling strong and being strong no matter what you come up against and refusing to allow outside sources be your downfall are, I believe, the best way to live your life. Just my opinion.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
True, but what have they done in the 155 years since for minorities?
Neither party has done crap other than civil rights bill passage.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:33 AM

1,751 posts, read 1,349,724 times
Daily, more and more evidence is coming to light that the rioting part of the protests has been instigated by the far-right and white supremacists. Earlier in the thread it was posited that such a notion was ludicrous. Ruth4Truth added to the evidence (can't rep you again), and here's some more, from all over the nation:

https://www.justsecurity.org/70497/f...-supremacists/

"...The demographics of a largely white, young, and destructive group fit more with a movement known as accelerationists than Black Lives Matter.

The accelerationists, if you have never heard the term, are an extreme subset of white nationalism whose goal is to bring about chaos and destruction."

"...White Supremacists pretending to host a protest to honor Floyd George on Facebook to whip up violence in San Diego were posted on the BLMSD social media warning people not to go and that it was a white supremacist organized rally. People attending demonstrations remarked on the fact that the demographics were wrong, in places like Oakland where the majority of the destruction was perpetrated by young Caucasian men has inspired not just people on social media but reporting in the mainstream media to properly question whether this is a form of infiltration by outside extremist elements..."

Read the above article...scroll down about 1/3 to read about these "accelerationists".

If they can make blacks look like animals, then it furthers their cause of a white-dominated future:

"...Similarly accelerationists hope to “demolish the state apparatus that stands between them and a white-dominated future.” And the White Supremacists here could be of a different orientation too – organized to discredit the protestors with no clear or deliberate vision for greater political change in mind...."

*THAT'S* why white supremacists are slithering around. And some are posing as Antifa.

Here's more:

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order...celerationism/
https://www.click2houston.com/news/n...-for-violence/

If you don't like the above sources, there's tons more out there. Just google it.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:52 AM

922 posts, read 791,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I'm a Latino and I am all too familiar with how these extreme left, radical, liberal White people love to utilize us minorities. What's happening is that these radical, anarchist White liberals are using Latinos and Blacks as a means to fulfill their anarchist, communist dystopian desires. They don't care about empowering us, they use our youth as puppets. They feed off their feeble mindset, their angst, their rage, their victimhood mentality, they remind them of how "oppressed" they are and how they can never be successful in America. They plant thoughts in their heads of how weak they are and how they must fight the system. NEVER, EVER, EVER in my life have I seen these radical leftist in the hood. I grew up in the hood, dirt poor and definitely have had my struggles and adversities. And currently I volunteer with the youth of the ghetto at rec centers. Everything we do is about empowerment, is about educating, is about helping them climbing their ladder, giving them HOPE.

Not one flipping time have I seen any of these WHITE, far left, radical, anarchist come to help and volunteer. Come to help feed the community, come to try and deter these youth from participating in gangs and involving themselves in destructive activities. NEVER, EVER, EVER. WHERE ARE THEY?!?! WHERE!?!?

Yet, when its time to loot, riot, mob out, "bring down whitey", "bring down the patriarchy", and all that other BS, oh, they come out the wood work. NOW we see them, now they "do it for us". Now they're in "solidarity" all of a sudden.

Where's all the solidarity when Blacks are killings blacks? Where's all that riot energy when kids in the hoods are killing each other over TRIVIAL non-sense? WHERE IS IT!?

White liberals need to butt out of the business of minorities. Mostly importantly however, us minorities need to stop waiting for these white liberals approvals, we need to stop letting them infiltrate us. They are our TRUE enemies
. Yes, I'm going to go that far and say that they White liberals are the ENEMIES of us minorities but more specifically, Blacks and Latinos. I'm not saying we should be conservatives or Republicans--though I would argue libertarian--but we need to get off the tit of the democrats, off these far-left whiteys who don't give a care about us. Enough is enough, we are NOT victims, we are NOT weak, we are NOT stupid and most importantly, we DO NOT need liberals and democrats any longer. NO MORE. That's it.

This is not about being anti-White because I'm definitely not but I'm sure for those who know, they know, I don't need to explain.

Let's argue.
First you ask why they are not showing up to help, and then turn around and say they need to butt out if they do show up. Where is the outrage by BLM when a Black man kills another Black man?

Perhaps the solidarity needs to begin within the Black and Latino communities. How can anyone demand respect for their communities when they don't show any respect for themselves? How does looting and burning businesses in your own communities help to change the perception of the police, or show any sort of solidarity?

I freely admit that I am old white woman, who has never had to experience the way that minorities are treated in this country. However, that doesn't mean that I don't care, or that I am not horrified by the atrocities that are committed against them. I am simply trying to understand and share what I am seeing from the perspective of someone on the outside.

Old 06-03-2020, 08:58 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,260,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Neither party has done crap other than civil rights bill passage.
True. So I guess that makes yall even when it comes to minority causes.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:04 AM

7,646 posts, read 4,596,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Liberals have never owned slave's , that was a conservative thing , I choose the lesser of two evils.
Interesting....so who did own the slaves? Was it the Free State Republicans? Or the city boss Democrats that used corruption for the vote in the cities, and intimidation for the vote in the South?

You can't say liberals never owned slaves. The politics of the time do not fit the parties of today anyway. Besides, both parties were racist as hell for 100 years following the civil war anyway. However, so long as the Democrats can continue this narrative that they have been the champions of minorities while Republicans are still just hunting for a way to put people in chains....then that will be the point of stopping. They told a good story....or a succinct one in the case of Biden's infamous radio summary. They get the vote for nothing.

The reality is that neither party wants to help you individually on a basis of your race. One tries (and largely succeeds) in taking the credit for things, but the main breakdown is that Democrats largely want everything to flow through the government and could care less if anything actually works but want to sound concerned and committed and Republicans see the government as a handy backstop for private opportunism. Profit is individual and risk is shared. Neither party cares about the people.

So with that cynicism firmly in place, I'll vote for the one that DOESN'T want to take over healthcare, economic well-being etc, because at that point all accountability is lost and the system becomes rigid and unchanging...and will likely change based upon future politics instead of what is needed.

However, the narrative will be because Republicans hate minorities. It's simply not true. However, the sad irony is that, until a group will vote beyond their race demographics, that's all they're ever going to get. White people vote for Democrats. White people vote for Republicans. The amount shifts every year. Guess who has to be convinced year after year?

Old 06-03-2020, 09:17 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,260,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedSpirit View Post
First you ask why they are not showing up to help, and then turn around and say they need to butt out if they do show up. Where is the outrage by BLM when a Black man kills another Black man?

Perhaps the solidarity needs to begin within the Black and Latino communities. How can anyone demand respect for their communities when they don't show any respect for themselves? How does looting and burning businesses in your own communities help to change the perception of the police, or show any sort of solidarity?

I freely admit that I am old white woman, who has never had to experience the way that minorities are treated in this country. However, that doesn't mean that I don't care, or that I am not horrified by the atrocities that are committed against them. I am simply trying to understand and share what I am seeing from the perspective of someone on the outside.
Let me help you out. He said they don't come to our neighborhoods to help us with the day to day things like food deserts but are quick to jump on social media to post black Square pages. We have our community outreach groups within our communities but some don't care. Most of us are not criminals and are good people. And if you watch the riots you will see there are a lot of white people there as well. Most of black groups are peaceful protest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates