Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 02:27 PM

813 posts, read 402,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
Maybe if blacks would stop throwing the race and discrimination card when they get jobs, employers wouldn't be afraid to hire them. I witnessed it quite a bit when I was working. I also witnessed my boss letting blacks get away with a lot that she wouldn't let a white person get away with. I call that reverse discrimination and it isn't fair. My boss knew that one of the p/t switchboard operators was not doing her job well. She should have been fired but instead was given a raise. I could never understand that. And she was one of the most racist people I ever met. One day I was looking at the board that was next to her desk and noticed that the police test was going to be given soon. So I mentioned to her that she should take the test because its a great career and she would probably pass. She got mad and said "Why, because I'm black!" I never even thought about the color of her skin. She was in very good shape so I thought she would pass the agility testing with flying colors. I was really surprised she came back at me with that remark but I decided that she is her own worst enemy since no one in the office got along with her.

White people hated white supremacists as much as black people did. I say that in past tense because after this past week and what the Mayor of DC did honoring BLM, some people may think differently now. You bring it all on yourselves because you never know when to stop. Everyone agreed the cop should go to prison for a long time but BLM and ANTIFA turned it into a riot. If the black race honors BLM, then white supremacy should be honored also. They should have a a road honoring them in DC. What's fair is fair. You want equality, right?
On the bolded. If that was the case, they kept it to themselves. White silence equals white consent.

Old 06-06-2020, 02:39 PM

7,650 posts, read 4,599,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
That's white supremacy in a nutshell. The White/European decended peoples have been able to convince the world they're the good guys even after centuries of colonization and global war. It's actually impressive to me. The deceit and the gaslighting. It's stunning. Obviously, a lot of it has to do with money. Who doesn't want money and the west has the most of it. Still, everything you say is right and they know it.

Still, going back to just the context of America and rioting/looting, white business owners will be keen and willing to overlook the mistakes that young white people have made early in their lives at least more so than a Black or Hispanic person. Naturally, a group of people are going to want to safeguard their future generations so I don't neccessarily blame them for that because I expect every race to do that for their own.

More what I'm trying to say is...don't worry for the young white people rioting/looting because they're bored. They'll be fine. In fact, this thread is proof of that. You're specifically worried about the white people looting/rioting...not anyone else which means you already have a genuine concern for them and their futures. You see them as the ones who can be "saved".

C'mon, nobody is so ignorant as to actually believe any of this, including you.

Old 06-06-2020, 03:31 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,136,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
As a person of color, I am very embarrassed by BLM but even more angry at Antifa. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR VIOLENCE against innocent people in the street who had NOTHING to do with George Floyd’s death. I’m afraid the riots will make more whites for Trump or worse yet a backlash against all people with dark skin.

I do think the riots were more integrated than previous riots as some young people that joined in tha5 woul$ have not otherwise done so were from the frustration from the lockdowns.
Stop being afraid of white people. This is what they want. They want you to fear them and cower. Who gives a **** if more white people vote for Trump? And? We already had to live with 4 years of him. 4 more years won't hurt. And backlash against people with dark skin? The world is already like that. All non-black people and especially white people have hated you for 400 years and will hate you for 400 more. Get a gun if you're so afraid.

Old 06-06-2020, 03:41 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
I hate to tell you this but the history of the whole world is one of war and oppression. China, Japan, India, South America, Africa..killing and oppression were there long before the white man ever stepped foot there.

I honestly don't know how anyone thinks going down this path of racial division and scapegoating is beneficial for the future. I'm not sure if you realize this but the laws of the United States are race-neutral at this point in time. You might compare them to South Africa's Apartheid laws or Nazi Germany's race laws to see what actual white supremacist legislation looks like.

If attempts to create a future free of racial strife are dismissed out of hand as 'white supremacy' regardless...then gee what do you think will happen in the long run?
How about accepting zero racial strife? If no blacks, zero strife for whites, who btw created their own racially dysfunctional world by expecting people who can never be anything like themselves to magically become white culture, white ideas, white religion, white social and political leanings, and so on. When trying to assimilate Native Americans, it failed. When trying to assimilate all other dark races, it failed. This need to have blacks around just for making everyone else’s lives more interesting has not worked in 400 years and nothing but failure will be in store for the future unless blacks and whites are no longer in the same countries, nor anywhere else (this includes space...don’t take any blacks along in space with you and no troubles will follow). The “long run” is going to have happen now because of huge mistakes of ancestors both blacks and whites.

Old 06-06-2020, 03:48 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
There maybe hundreds or even thousands of whites arrested for rioting and looting. This may have a profound effect to society. Most of these folks appear to be younger than 35 with most in their late teens to 20s.
I don't condone the rioting and looting (totally different concept than the peaceful protesting), but what are you getting at here?

Is that really any different than previous rioting/looting going back years? Same as barfights and drunken frat boys damaging innocent peoples' vehicles on the street after a college basketball game. That's the most common age demographic, and that's nothing new. It's not typically people in their 40's, 60's, and 80's doing this.

Old 06-06-2020, 03:51 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times
Quote:
Stop being afraid of white people. This is what they want. They want you to fear them and cower. Who gives a **** if more white people vote for Trump? And? We already had to live with 4 years of him. 4 more years won't hurt. And backlash against people with dark skin? The world is already like that. All non-black people and especially white people have hated you for 400 years and will hate you for 400 more. Get a gun if you're so afraid.
Exactly, at least for most of this.

Trump is guaranteed to win again to prove even more what the majority really wants.

They will inflict as much hurt through government and policy as they can to get even, and most will get on board with separation or the next best thing once they get 4 more years, because then they will have to or else.

Old 06-06-2020, 04:04 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
Quote:
I’m not of African descent. My parents came to the U.S. from a third world county in the 1970s for opportunity. Even though my skin is darker than most American Blacks, I feel safer in all White areas than I do in Black ghettos but both could become very dangerous to me if there’s a backlash. I may need to stick to places like my diverse but upper class suburb. There’s a town near me that’s only about 40 percent white, schools only 20 percent white, but schools average in the 95th percentile, crime almost nonexistent and when crime does occur, it’s by outsiders.

Old 06-06-2020, 04:22 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Quote:
There maybe hundreds or even thousands of whites arrested for rioting and looting. This may have a profound effect to society. Most of these folks appear to be younger than 35 with most in their late teens to 20s.

As a Security Consultant working for a fortune 500 firm, we do background checks of people pre-employment and one of the reasons that many young people don't get the job because they've in trouble with the law before. While some states are decriminalizing non-violent offenses they still show up on various background check data agencies that collects data on any felony and offenses. Such as drug related offenses are often found and even if the candidates passes a drug test the drug arrests show up on these databases.

I'm afraid is a lot of these people will not be able to find good jobs easily when companies screen their backgrounds. Many companies are probably finding out their current employees that are supposed to be working at home were out protesting and caught up in riots.

Maybe there's a reason why so many young white educated folks can only get a job at Starbucks.
Guess they'll find out there are social consequences for thuggish, destructive behavior. Doesn't matter what color their skins are and it shouldn't.

Old 06-06-2020, 05:07 PM

6,798 posts, read 4,243,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
How about accepting zero racial strife? If no blacks, zero strife for whites, who btw created their own racially dysfunctional world by expecting people who can never be anything like themselves to magically become white culture, white ideas, white religion, white social and political leanings, and so on. When trying to assimilate Native Americans, it failed. When trying to assimilate all other dark races, it failed. This need to have blacks around just for making everyone else’s lives more interesting has not worked in 400 years and nothing but failure will be in store for the future unless blacks and whites are no longer in the same countries, nor anywhere else (this includes space...don’t take any blacks along in space with you and no troubles will follow). The “long run” is going to have happen now because of huge mistakes of ancestors both blacks and whites.

So what are you saying..back to Africa?

Of course, that was done in Liberia in the 19th century with the interesting consequence that the settling African-Americans oppressed the local Africans.

Old 06-06-2020, 05:20 PM

24,544 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Quote:
When I run background checks for many white candidates, the usual stuff that gets picked up are drug offenses, driving while intoxicated or under the influence, and other misdemeanors. Because many companies have strict guidelines they can't be considered for the job. This is why I'm seeing a larger drop off of young white male workers the last few years. Many companies will take the lesser candidate if they have a cleaner record.

This is also why blacks are the minority because few have the background that can get by a credit and background check for corporate employment. Someone may have no criminal record but with a low credit history even when they are in their late 20s is gonna be hard to get a corporate job. They people would have no problem getting into smaller companies.
I am calling this BS. Very few employers in the US use financial responsibility as criteria to eliminate applicants and it has be to disclosed on the job posting.

You "run background checks on many white candidates". A bit biSed here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates