Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 09:54 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times

Advertisements

respect is earned. Behave in a civil way , and such will be reciprocated.

So if by "special treatment" , an exception is being made that is one sided. then yes that is a problem.

There is "no conversation" to be opened or explored when a behavior is poorly demonstrated and antagonistic. Ethnicity be derned. Each adult is accountable. That is the bottom line.

I DO see in all colors, and I see into the consistent behavior and from that things grow or impede.

As a female I have been passed over ....as a female I've viewed the special treatment given by my own gender based on some rather superficial tastes. to overcome that is a matter of mind over matter, and I mind, and that persons antics don't matter. I have a choice.

Old 06-17-2020, 10:24 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
respect is earned. Behave in a civil way , and such will be reciprocated.

So if by "special treatment" , an exception is being made that is one sided. then yes that is a problem.

There is "no conversation" to be opened or explored when a behavior is poorly demonstrated and antagonistic. Ethnicity be derned. Each adult is accountable. That is the bottom line.

I DO see in all colors, and I see into the consistent behavior and from that things grow or impede.

As a female I have been passed over ....as a female I've viewed the special treatment given by my own gender based on some rather superficial tastes. to overcome that is a matter of mind over matter, and I mind, and that persons antics don't matter. I have a choice.
Until everyone stops being superficial, until there are no blacks and no whites, until no one is forced to live together, and much much more, you will have a problem. Don't expect anyone to respect you if you do not respect them first. No such thing as respect being earned. I give respect to every single human being until they show me a reason not to.

Old 06-18-2020, 12:24 AM

3,154 posts, read 2,070,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Until everyone stops being superficial, until there are no blacks and no whites, until no one is forced to live together, and much much more, you will have a problem. Don't expect anyone to respect you if you do not respect them first. No such thing as respect being earned. I give respect to every single human being until they show me a reason not to.
Au, contraire. Although there's no reason to DISRESPECT someone you do not know, anyone whose character I am not familiar with only earns common courtesy, and nothing more. "Trust" is a byproduct of "Respect", and people have to earn my trust, it is never a given. I purposely keep my distance from strangers (on the street) whenever I can help it, and I'm a big guy, used to bench 300 when young (30 years ago).

And unfortunately for black people, most people only have "statistical odds" to go on, that is why the meme of a white woman crossing the street when being approached by a black male coming the opposite way is so prevalent, it is NOT racism, it is "playing the odds". Does anyone remember Jesse Jackson talking about "Walking down a street, hearing footsteps coming up behind him, and turning and feeling relieved to see it was a white person approaching him?" I've had people tell me, "Around blacks, never relax". And although this is terrible in that it paints the majority of black people (who are non-criminals) with the same brush, it is the safest thing you can do as a white person. Maybe THIS is a form of "institutional Racism", I dunno - but it's the fault of those who choose to commit street crime - if I see a Pit Bull, I give him a wide berth because I don't know whether he is a cuddly pup or has been trained to bite people, it's just the smart thing to do. So don't blame me, blame the thugs. This is a subject that should be breached as often as possible - what do we do about it, allesic?

Old 06-18-2020, 06:13 AM

296 posts, read 217,587 times
I love Terrence K Williams:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z736djUTd-8

Old 06-18-2020, 08:08 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
FROM THE TOS: Hate speech, racism or bashing of ANY sort will NOT be tolerated.

Closed for mod review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates