Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 02:04 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,875,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Many more rioters and officers were injured and killed during the summer BLM riots, and there was way more property damage done as well - mostly to private property, which is a much more serious offense than damage to a government building if you ask me.

I wonder if you think those riots were justified.
I don't think that any riots are justified. I wouldn't attempt to ameliorate the seriousness of the attack on our democracy by deflecting the conversation to other items in the news, either. If you want to do that, there is a whole list of riotous activities which have been going on in this country, unchecked and even encouraged, over the past four years -- from both ends of the political spectrum.

Old 01-13-2021, 02:11 PM

8,078 posts, read 7,440,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
Trump started an insurrection in the U.S. That's more than enough war for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
The Antifa/BLM riots over the summer were way more than enough war for most people. For some reason the government was unable to stop those riots but they stopped the one in DC last week.

Some wars are in the government's interest and some are not. We are going to have a civil war or a foreign war. I think a foreign war is the less evil choice for the government to make.
OK I'm guilty. I didn't want this to devolve into an argument about Trump yet I contributed to it.

Let me try to get back on track:
Joe Biden will be President starting in 7 days. Nothing personal against Biden, but I believe he will be true to the Establishment and find a pretext for launching some sort of military action within a short time.

There will be overwhelming consensus in official Washington, official New York, and official Hollywood that it is the right thing to do.

Old 01-13-2021, 02:17 PM

13,622 posts, read 7,936,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
I don't think that any riots are justified. I wouldn't attempt to ameliorate the seriousness of the attack on our democracy by deflecting the conversation to other items in the news, either. If you want to do that, there is a whole list of riotous activities which have been going on in this country, unchecked and even encouraged, over the past four years -- from both ends of the political spectrum.
Good to know.

I don't care about "democracy", as it's only a means to an end - and not an end in itself. Democracy is only beneficial if it promotes individual liberty and human prosperity. If it ceases to do those things, then it's nothing but mob rule.

I am very much concerned about the attacks on liberty that have been going on for decades but have accelerated to break-neck pace within the past year.

Old 01-13-2021, 02:18 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,875,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
OK I'm guilty. I didn't want this to devolve into an argument about Trump yet I contributed to it.

Let me try to get back on track:
Joe Biden will be President starting in 7 days. Nothing personal against Biden, but I believe he will be true to the Establishment and find a pretext for launching some sort of military action within a short time.

There will be overwhelming consensus in official Washington, official New York, and official Hollywood that it is the right thing to do.
LOL

This topic has devolved past saving. Topic closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates