Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 04:36 PM

176 posts, read 134,354 times

Advertisements

1) Their is no contradiction. They are both medical rape. I agreed with you.

2) Look into the study by Damian D. Guerra

3) If the Vaxxed are also carriers of the virus, why are the unvaxed being singled out? Live and let live. Society should not force individuals into medical compliance. The media needs to stop harping on the minority of people who choose not to get vaccinated.

4) You need to do more research on the immune system.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:58 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,567,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertariansmovingtoidaho View Post
1) Their is no contradiction. They are both medical rape. I agreed with you.

2) Look into the study by Damian D. Guerra

3) If the Vaxxed are also carriers of the virus, why are the unvaxed being singled out? Live and let live. Society should not force individuals into medical compliance. The media needs to stop harping on the minority of people who choose not to get vaccinated.

4) You need to do more research on the immune system.
No, you didn't agree with me. Further, I don't consider either medical rape. Please don't try to put words in my mouth.

The unvaxxed are being singled out because they are the biggest obstacle to overcoming Covid.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
Whether or not a restaurant would like to serve you, you can't go to a restaurant and choose to drink if you are under 21.

The government has paid for the vaccines at about $20 a shot I believe, that is not a lot, $12B in the greater scheme of things. More like a rounding error. Ironically, that means the unvaxxed will be contributing to cover the costs incurred by the vaxxed.
How is that ironic? That’s how the government works- take your tax money to fund things you don’t support. Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:06 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,567,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertariansmovingtoidaho View Post
Correction: it’s going to get harder and harder to maintain true freedom in our country because too many people, such as yourself, believe others should be forced into compliance. Live and let live. You do what’s “right” for you and allow others to do what’s right for them.
In theory and where possible yes. Worked well in the frontier days, but in a modern complex society where we are more interdependent, that's not always possible. The days of Daniel Boone etc. are long gone.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:06 PM

4,143 posts, read 1,874,153 times
I find myself having to delete too many not-so-witty one-liners, personal attacks, and similarly unacceptable posts in this thread. I will soon be handing out infractions if this continues.

Please keep the debate civil and in accordance with Great Debates standards (READ the rules posted at the top of this forum).

Old 08-16-2021, 05:09 PM

1,691 posts, read 1,271,429 times
Quote:
In theory and where possible yes. Worked well in the frontier days, but in a modern complex society where we are more interdependent, that's not always possible. The days of Daniel Boone etc. are long gone.
Our society is no more complex than it was in "Daniel Boone" days. In fact, I'd argue it's less complex. Society can literally do just about everything from the comfort of their own home. The only thing we have become dependent on is a computer/smart phone and some type of internet/data connection.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:15 PM

Quote:
No, you didn't agree with me. Further, I don't consider either medical rape. Please don't try to put words in my mouth.

The unvaxxed are being singled out because they are the biggest obstacle to overcoming Covid.
I’m sure you understood that I was agreeing with the question you originally asked me. You responded that my beliefs on vaccines are inconsistent. I stated that my beliefs are not inconsistent.

How do you know that the unvaxed are the biggest obstacle to overcoming covid?
How do you know that covid won’t be around forever just like the common cold or the flu? The virus needs to run its course.

Forcing people against their will to inject mRNA and spike proteins into their blood stream when their is no long term study to show how it will impact your health is wrong! Individuals shouldn’t have to sacrifice their bodies and health for the supposed good of the collective. Live and let live.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:29 PM

7,646 posts, read 4,596,067 times
I hope everyone understands that the insurance companies have long had the largest database on us in existence. Long before Google or Facebook. I'm sure it's gone through many iterations, anytime insurance pays for something in your lifetime, it's been logged. We give our authorization for the new entries every time we ask insurance to cover something.

https://www.ahrq.gov/data/apcd/index.html

So if your reason for not getting vaxed is big brother, please reconsider. Big brother already knows.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:14 PM

30,145 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Absolutely if

Every addicted person gets more costs.
Every obese person gets more costs.
Every STD addled fool gets more costs.

I am fine with that. I try hard to take care of myself. Exercise daily and eat a Keto diet. I am sick of covering all the people who have zero self control.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:34 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Been to Jefferson or Clearfield Counties in the last week or two? They've just been declared "High Level of Transmission" areas.

https://www.explorejeffersonpa.com/c...n/#more-310412
See falling for the silliness is getting SO OLD! Who cares? You act as though it means something that an area is a hot spot. It MEANS NOTHING! Florida is all over the news. Next it will be Georgia and the Carolinas and than the Northeast.

I could care less about what is hot or not. I am vaccinated and the hyped up delta means nothing to me.

Florida is and has ALWAYS been the best place to live during COVID. It is run by someone that believes people should have some of their own decisions to be made and NOT be FORCED to do as you are told.

If you want some freedom, you look for those that treat you like an adult. If you like to be controlled you look for those that treat you like an adult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates