Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2009, 02:19 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,516,174 times

Advertisements

I rather see pot more prevalent then alcohol. Drunks are not fun to be around it's kinda creepy in fact some times it can get down right scary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 07:44 AM

857 posts, read 1,424,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
I don't see how marijuana helped them in any way, shape, or form.
This is because you have never tried it and therefore have no idea what you are talking about. How can you presume to argue the causes and effects of something you have never done? OhioUberAlles do me a favor and stop posting on this thread because your doing nothing but confirming the notion that Ohio is full of backward ignorant people, despite all my efforts to prove its not .

Old 03-09-2009, 10:31 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,863,147 times
The main reason for continuing to keep marijuana, and all the other recreational drugs, illegal is because more people, law enforcement, prison contractors and corrupt politicians, in particular, are getting rich off the war on drugs than dying of it. The other reason is it serves as a means to continue the political repression of the inner cities.

In short white profit, black pain.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:38 PM

74 posts, read 129,404 times
Moral of the story... Like I said it is a very immature drug, and I can tell by the way you are responding to everyones comments that it is very true!

Old 03-10-2009, 04:59 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,619,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMegan View Post
Moral of the story... Like I said it is a very immature drug, and I can tell by the way you are responding to everyones comments that it is very true!
Has nothing to do with the OP. Are you ever going to address the OP or just spout your opinions about pot use itself?

I also have no idea who you are talking about.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:20 AM

can someone who is against marijuana give me one example of when marijuana by itself was responsible for any harm to anyone? and i do not want another reference to the kids in your high school who never did anything with their lives because a. they prob did other drugs b. doing nothing does not constitute harm.

the only argument I ever here about weed is how it is a gateway drug, well its a gateway drug because it is illegal. In order to get weed at some point you need to find a person selling it, the problem is the dealer is likely selling other illegal drugs too. since you have to go to an illegal source to get weed a person is exposed to easy access to other illegal drugs.

if we legalized weed you would eliminate the need for a lot of people to know drug dealers. if people cant find/ don't know any dealers its a lot harder to get illegal drugs. thus legalizing marijuana could actually lower the use of other illegal drugs. or put another way, if I can go to my local retail store and buy weed in a safe legal environment, chances are I am not going to be given easy access to buy some other illegal drugs. i would have to go find a dealer, and since i am already high, that seems like a pretty big hassle

Old 03-12-2009, 09:39 AM

no response? I guess there is no reason then, lets get to work on legalizing it!!

Old 03-12-2009, 10:20 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,516,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
no response? I guess there is no reason then, lets get to work on legalizing it!!
The easiest way to start is city level like what was done in Denver. That will gain buzz about the topic. If it works or doesn't the next move is county level speak to the county commissioners, etc so you can get it on the ballot to have it legal in the county. Once that passes you focus on state.

People who want it legal try starting with federal or state. It will never pass that way unless you already have some cities or counties that have deemed it low priority for the cops and waste of resources.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:09 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,748,919 times
well i say everybody should roll a big faty and solute bob marley bob marley smoked weed and was one of the best musicians that ever lived!!! he always had a big faty buning when he was on stage.. legalize it now obama

Old 03-12-2009, 09:17 PM

1,009 posts, read 877,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
well i say everybody should roll a big faty and solute bob marley bob marley smoked weed and was one of the best musicians that ever lived!!! he always had a big faty buning when he was on stage.. legalize it now obama

Obama doesn't have the authority/power/ability to instantly legalize a substance that was banned by an act of Congress. Marijuana cannot be legalized by an executive order. To even attempt such a thing would constitute a major abuse of power. The only options that are legally open are the United States Congress and the Supreme Court of the United States. Note that the Supreme Court has already ruled on the issue and made their position clear, so your only hope is the United States Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates