Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2009, 06:12 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,932 times

Advertisements

People have themselves to blame. End of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 06:13 PM

530 posts, read 650,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
I disagree with both statements. For me to loose any kind of weight i have to be active. I don't have time to be active. I sit in a call center for 8 hours, i go home and sit on my butt some more because i go to school, and i sit on my butt more because i have to sit down and eat.

The only time i loose weight is if I don't eat one of the 7 days and i eat 3 tiny meals a day.
ACTUALLY, your making your body work against you by doing that. When you don't feed your body, it slows your metabolism down. There are plenty of ways to get extra exercise, take the stairs or the long way around. At your desk, do stretches. Thirty minutes a day, or 15 min twice a day. everyone has that much time!

Old 06-29-2009, 06:18 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,697,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
ACTUALLY, your making your body work against you by doing that. When you don't feed your body, it slows your metabolism down. There are plenty of ways to get extra exercise, take the stairs or the long way around. At your desk, do stretches. Thirty minutes a day, or 15 min twice a day. everyone has that much time!
I won't agree with that. For me, I've tried the 5 small meals, i've tried 3 times a day. Nothing works but starving myself.

I don't have time to do as you say. 30 minutes or 15 could be spent doing school work.

I don't blame anyone but myself for my growing weight problem. I jumped from 155 to 210 in 4 years.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:23 PM

211 posts, read 402,548 times
Sheesh, I get tired of that question...you have nobody but yourself to blame. I can count on one hand how many times through the coarse of a year I hit up McD's and the like and still have spare digits. Like the poster above says...thirty minutes a day etc......

Old 06-29-2009, 06:26 PM

530 posts, read 650,108 times
Quote:
I won't agree with that. For me, I've tried the 5 small meals, i've tried 3 times a day. Nothing works but starving myself.

I don't have time to do as you say. 30 minutes or 15 could be spent doing school work.

I don't blame anyone but myself for my growing weight problem. I jumped from 155 to 210 in 4 years.
read your book on the tread mill. or out load into a tape recorder, then play it while you walk. there is time if you choose to make it. while your online, do some squats!

Old 06-29-2009, 06:33 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,697,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
read your book on the tread mill. or out load into a tape recorder, then play it while you walk. there is time if you choose to make it. while your online, do some squats!
Im online because i sit in a call center. Anything you do wrong or weird can get you fired. I will continue to make excuses for my weight gain and they are valid excuses. Sorry.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:40 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,316,631 times
Quote:
Im online because i sit in a call center. Anything you do wrong or weird can get you fired. I will continue to make excuses for my weight gain and they are valid excuses. Sorry.
Wake up half an hour early and go for a walk. Walk on your lunch break. Eat your dinner while you're walking.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:40 AM

522 posts, read 1,855,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Wake up half an hour early and go for a walk. Walk on your lunch break. Eat your dinner while you're walking.

You know, I made excuses too. I'm married, got a 2y/o, I work an hour away from the job site, it seems I dont have enough time but I make time. Since most of my time after work is driving home and spending it with family I end up forcing myself to wake up super early. I gotta be at work at 0730, so I would have to leave the house around 0615 (to fight traffic or unforseen accidents). So I typically wake up around 0400 to work out in the morning, take a shower and eat breakfast. It's a tough schedule!

Old 06-30-2009, 07:28 AM

1,310 posts, read 3,051,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I just watched a show on E! channel (lol- to take a break), and really cannot believe how many shows are on obese people, just tracking their daily lives.

IMO obesity in America is epidemic, I see 12 year old kids where I currently live, that weigh like 300 lbs., eat at Hardee's, and you should see the contents of the food carts at Kroger ...

Arent we at the point, where people should be educated enough about nutrition? Or do some people honestly think that Coca Cola, high fructose corn syrup, additives, poisons and fatty dairy foods are all just fine?.....

Its really sad, I dont understand parents, especially, who feed this trash to their kids.
Who is to blame, in order :

1. Parents who arnt capable of teaching and enforcing good nutrition., nor the importance of routine excersise. Instead, they enable a sedentary lifestyle for thier family .
2. Families who are out of balance/caught up in the rush-syndrome of our society and place convenience of fast food over health of their kids and themselves.
3. Availability of Fast Food places that capitalize on numbers 1 and 2 , for tremendous financial profit .

Old 06-30-2009, 11:14 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,423,872 times
I stay in shape THANKS to all those chunkers out there. They get sick (because they are obese)they come to me, of course they're "too weak"(because they're obese) to lift themselves up and on to my exam table. So I have to lift them. I can't tell you the back issues I have. All because the hamburgler can't stop stuffing themselves. Any excuse is exactly that a total BS excuse. You always have time, you choose not to use it wisely and you will continue to get dirty looks when you sit next to someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates