Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2009, 09:25 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,414,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamhgp View Post
whoops! i googled evolution of dinosaurs and so... there are quite a few articles. but have they dug up the "fossils" of the archosaurs or whatever "evidence" they concocted. if there's no fossils of those where do they get these "facts". UPDATE: FURTHER READING INDICATES archosaurs IS A REPTILE SUBCLASS w/c includes crocs and birds.... really? k. fine. watev.

also, actually faith does not need proof. maybe u shld pick up your dictionary to understand what it means better.

and why is the brain powers of believers always downgraded is beyond me. the prob with evolutionists is that they are taking down God to their level or else they won't say no one can create complex stuffs like that. either that or they really think they know it all coz they were all there when it all began.

if fossils were real why are there a lot of fakers? just goes to show fossils can easily be created/fabricated by men.

rifle: im a woman. what christian website u talking about? i dont quote anything from any website. i also dont go to christian websites. why u always assume things? specifically being influenced by groups or people? coz i have my own mind. i dont get influenced easily. by anyone or anything. and ur right i guess im like sherlock holmes, he only choose what he deemed is important to know. for e.g. he does not know earth revolves around the sun but is an expert in all tobacco varieties coz it will help him in his profession. and so am i. i stopped knowing about each and every scientifical "proofs". and is content on what i know about God coz i believe it will help me more when i die. can your scientific knowledge prepare you for death?

I don't call people who don't believe in any evolution stupid.

Those who refuse to look at facts, those that will tell you the Earth is only 6000 years old, and no matter what evidence you show them, they'll keep on believing whatever they want to believe, I call STUBBORN.

Do you really believe that Jonah was swallowed by a fish, and lived there for weeks at a time? I'm sure there are things in the bible that you disagree with, if you've bothered to read it.

There is various scientific evidence proving the fossils of dinosaurs are real. I remember I could dig in my back yard in TN, and find fossils of sea shells and various other small marine critters when I was a kid. Are you saying that someone made the fossils, buried them in my backyard, so that I could find them? I think not.

There is nothing wrong with believing in creationism. However, since its based on a religious ideology, it shouldn't be taught in schools as an absolute fact. Teach it in your church, your home, or any other non public forum. Schools are for SCIENCE, and there is no actual SCIENCE of creationism.

You said it yourself, you can't disprove faith, thats because it has no rational argument. Its not rational to believe that an all powerful being created everything in 7 days, and set us above all other creatures on the planet. You can't disprove that, because its not a scientific argument, therefore its not science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 10:40 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,088,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I don't call people who don't believe in any evolution stupid.

Well, at least not at first, but at some point "stupid is as stupid does."

Old 07-26-2009, 09:40 AM

227 posts, read 536,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well, at least not at first, but at some point "stupid is as stupid does."
This is as bad as the religious verses the atheists down at the philosophy section. Two opposing sides hating, arguing and heatedly debating over who's got the bigger ball sack for brains.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:06 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,927,835 times
You place the chicken, nicely roasted up, in front of the faithful, and they'll commence to "caterwauling" long into the night:

"It's NOT a chicken! It's not, it's not, it's not! You have NO evidence!"

Well, as someone famous once said (was it perhaps George W. Bush?) :

"Time to go; my work here is done".

Old 04-12-2010, 11:13 AM

4 posts, read 13,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
This debate has been going on forever in the Religion thread. Personally, I would have to go with evolution, then I would have to ask, does it really matter where we came from, does knowing where we came from tell us anything about where we are going?

would you rather go to heaven or HELL? ask yourself this. This does make a difference in the end, Read revolution in the Bible.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:03 PM

314 posts, read 189,685 times
Evolution is a science, and employs the scientific process which involves observing facts, generating theorties to describe those fact, resting and modify those theories until they perfectly describe the facsts.

It is still collecting facts, evidences etc., and posulating and modifiy it's theories and will do so until it becomes scientific LAW (which many scienties already it to be, either in part of whole). Even then it will constantly be retested.

Now, currently, it is a work in progress, still collecting facts and evidences to support it. Of course, evidentiary gaps exists, but over time evidence will be collected, and if that evidence discoveres errors in the theorem, the theorum will be modificed to conform to those facts.

You see, evoution is a science, and science is fact driven - soup to nuts!

Creationism is not a scientic work in progress and has absolutely no facts to support it.

Creationists would well be adivsed to remember that when they call evolution less-than-perfect, that their position is completely devoid of factual basis whatsoever.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:49 PM

112 posts, read 140,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketsovluv View Post
would you rather go to heaven or HELL? ask yourself this. This does make a difference in the end, Read revolution in the Bible.
Were going into a dark damp hole filled with earth or incinterated to a ashes and then placed in a hole i know this 100% for sure where were all going.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:59 PM

112 posts, read 140,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I believe in evolution, so don't get me wrong. Also, I don't believe that creationism should be taught in schools. Its not a scientific argument, and thats all that should be taught in our schools. If a parent wants to teach their children creationism, then they should do it in their home, or their church.
Am i wrong but i didnt know that Creationism was Taught in any non religous schools only religious schools teach it i was taught in catholic schools and was taught about creationism but im not sure they do it in secular schools.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:10 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,139,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona1 View Post
This is as bad as the religious verses the atheists down at the philosophy section. Two opposing sides hating, arguing and heatedly debating over who's got the bigger ball sack for brains.
Except that one side in this debate happens to have explanations that fit the evidence.

The other, not so much.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:16 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,139,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamhgp View Post
question for evolutionists:

is the timeline of all the magical evolution of all species left and right happened before or after the supposed almighty meteor hit the earth(really? wow!) which made the dinosaurs extinct and needless to say EVERYTHING on earth right? so..... then magical evolution of all species left and right happened again? really? wow! i wonder why it does not do that anymore...

also, where did the dinosaur came from? so.... big bang happened then bam! enter the dinosaurs? where did they evolve from? how? coz that's one massive evolution after another... wow!

Just....wow.

Where do you even start with someone like this?

<throws biology book>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates