Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 08:30 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,774,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Do you even know what a blastocyst is?
Here's something interesting... Do you know what one trait all "higher order" life forms on this planet have in common? Every last one? The blastopore forms first, meaning that the opening that will later become your anus forms before the opening that will later become your mouth.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:31 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,683,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Here's something interesting... Do you know what one trait all "higher order" life forms on this planet have in common? Every last one? The blastopore forms first, meaning that the opening that will later become your anus forms before the opening that will later become your mouth.
That's fascinating. No, seriously.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
That's fascinating. No, seriously.
Maybe not to everyone, but what a weird thing to have in common with all of the more complex creatures on this rock. Probably explains a lot about some of the characters encountered here.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:36 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Does Eeeee get to decide which life forms are "higher order"?

Old 05-08-2009, 08:43 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Does Eeeee get to decide which life forms are "higher order"?
I'm not sure, but something tells me that Mr. EEE would like to have children in these "untraditional families" taken away, have a minimum 20 years in prison imposed for fornication or using contraceptives, and have homosexuality and prostitution punishable by death.

He's very willing to say that certain humans are "higher order" than others.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:48 AM

427 posts, read 1,387,616 times
I'm not where EEEee gets the idea that it mostly conservatives who adopt, because my family has been doing foster care for 9 years and the majority of the other other foster families we meet are liberals. You also seem to have some weird idea about liberals. I believe in teaching abstinence, but also about safe sex, because there is no way that 100% of teenagers are going to wait.

I also believe in pro-choice and being involved in foster care has only reinforced that belief. We had a 7yo little boy who was the oldest child in a family of 6 kids with a 24 yo mother. All 6 of her children had mental problems, because she did drugs the entire time she was pregnant. The 7 yo we had is a sociopath. After trying to smother his 4yo brother to death, molesting another little boy, and stabbing his teacher with a pencil he will spend the rest of his life medicated and in an institution, he feels no compassion or remorse.

How is his life better for being alive? The majority of the children in foster care have problems, many of them serious psychological ones, that they will never get over. Many have been beaten and abused physically, sexually, and emotionally. While some come out ok alot of them do not. Now imagine how many more children there would be if there were no abortions. The foster care system can not handle the children that exist in the system now, and you want to add millions more? Who will take care of them?

The foster care system can not handle more children, there are too many in the system as is, and not enough homes or social workers, or money.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:14 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaLeigh View Post
I believe in teaching abstinence, but also about safe sex, because there is no way that 100% of teenagers are going to wait..
The likes of Eeeee have even hijacked YOUR gray matter. Among women who get abortions, there are more married women, than teenagers. What are 100% of married women supposed to be "waiting" for?

Old 05-08-2009, 09:18 AM

Conservative, liberal, moderate, or any other shade imagineable - your political views should be influenced by logic and pragmatism rather than dogma.

jtur88 and I don't often agree but we're thinking along similar lines here. I believe in "options" over "restrictions." Particularly emotional or dogmatic restrictions.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:48 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaLeigh View Post
I'm not where EEEee gets the idea that it mostly conservatives who adopt, because my family has been doing foster care for 9 years and the majority of the other other foster families we meet are liberals. You also seem to have some weird idea about liberals. I believe in teaching abstinence, but also about safe sex, because there is no way that 100% of teenagers are going to wait.

I also believe in pro-choice and being involved in foster care has only reinforced that belief. We had a 7yo little boy who was the oldest child in a family of 6 kids with a 24 yo mother. All 6 of her children had mental problems, because she did drugs the entire time she was pregnant. The 7 yo we had is a sociopath. After trying to smother his 4yo brother to death, molesting another little boy, and stabbing his teacher with a pencil he will spend the rest of his life medicated and in an institution, he feels no compassion or remorse.

How is his life better for being alive? The majority of the children in foster care have problems, many of them serious psychological ones, that they will never get over. Many have been beaten and abused physically, sexually, and emotionally. While some come out ok alot of them do not. Now imagine how many more children there would be if there were no abortions. The foster care system can not handle the children that exist in the system now, and you want to add millions more? Who will take care of them?

The foster care system can not handle more children, there are too many in the system as is, and not enough homes or social workers, or money.
i watched a show on tv about deformed russian babys some of them did not even look human... the nurses handled them like they were dead chickens!!!! these deformed babies should have never been born and will require intence care for there intire lives.. it just does't make sence to rase deformed babies that can never fend for themselves they were vegatables!!!!

Old 05-08-2009, 10:00 AM

427 posts, read 1,387,616 times
I doubt Eee has ever had a child tell them that they wished they had never been born, or wished that they were dead.Or had children ask why their mom chose her boyfriend over them, or ask why their father beat them, or their mother abandoned them. Or had to explain that you don;t know why their mother, father, mom's boy friend, tried to kill them.

Or married women who do not want a child brought into a bad situation, where they can not take care of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates