Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 05:57 PM

604 posts, read 1,186,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
I agree, the woman has the right to escape responsibility, so should the man. To say that a man can choose during sex is as dumb as it comes. Women too have this choice...ever heard of birth control...if you are a woman and do not want to get pregnant...use it and make sure any man you have sex with uses a condom. SO, if your not on birth control and the man wont wrap it...no sex...its as simple as that...both people have the option before sex.

But a man as as much right to say he wants nothing to do with the child after it is born as the woman does while she is pregnant.

The woman can abort the birth, or not...But the man is stuck with whatever her decision is? well if she chooses abortion and the man didnt want it...you all say that is too bad...its her body, right? Well, the man has a body too and his body works for a paycheck and he should not have to sacrifice his money to pay for a child he does not want and will never see.
Again, I'm suggesting the man have a say in the abortion. She must obtain his consent. So the man who wants his child can have it. There. You got a say.

So what right does the child have? The child of the father who wants to bail? What right does the woman have? The one who has to carry that baby for nine months and then care for it, well, FOREVER, especially considering the father doesn't. If you don't want to pay for the child, how about the birth? Or you just want out of all of it? You want out of everything? If you get a girl pregnant, you want the right to just walk away? How do you think that's gonna work? Think that's for the good of the child? For the good of society?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 06:00 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbledeez View Post
OH. I see. So because she has the right to have an abortion without your consent, you want the right to abandon the child if she has it and you don't want it? Do you realize how crazy that sounds? Are you serious? How is that fighting for ".......all the responsibilities"? Who do you expect to take care of YOUR child? Just because you didn't want it? Who will be dad to that kid? How is it responsible for you to completely bail on your child? And insist you have a right to do so?? What does that say about you? Do you really want to fight for that right?? What if you had it? What if any guy who got a girl knocked up could just 'opt out' of being a dad. How do you think that will turn out??
The thing is, If I choose that, I don't want it to be MY child. I don't care who's dad to that kid, just like it doesn't matter to me who the parent to a child I see in the mall is.

The woman has the option to opt out of the pregnancy, so the man should have the option to opt out of all of it as well.

Whats good for the goose, is good for the gander.

Oh, and BTW, I am a father, I love my son. I had a chance to not have anything to do with him, but I choose to have him, love him, and take care of him. I just think whats fair for one group, is fair for all groups.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:03 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,354,218 times
Quote:
Again, I'm suggesting the man have a say in the abortion. She must obtain his consent. So the man who wants his child can have it. There. You got a say.

So what right does the child have? The child of the father who wants to bail? What right does the woman have? The one who has to carry that baby for nine months and then care for it, well, FOREVER, especially considering the father doesn't. If you don't want to pay for the child, how about the birth? Or you just want out of all of it? You want out of everything? If you get a girl pregnant, you want the right to just walk away? How do you think that's gonna work? Think that's for the good of the child? For the good of society?
So you think its okay for a man to tell a woman what to do with her body? This idea could work, but now you are taking the rights away from the woman. A child with out a father will be fine. If the father does not want the child then the child is better off. My mom raised 4 boys alone and we all turned out far better then anyone I have ever met. My dad was a dead beat who wanted nothing to do with us and our mom said fine...guess what...after we started getting older he wanted back in...My mom did not budge. I have talked to my father, but only becasue I am interested in my heritage. Our father was not their for us but his family was.

The only way to protect all rights is to do it as I suggested...give both sexes their choices. If the mother cannot afford it there are alternative options even if she desires to keep the child.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The thing is, If I choose that, I don't want it to be MY child. I don't care who's dad to that kid, just like it doesn't matter to me who the parent to a child I see in the mall is.

The woman has the option to opt out of the pregnancy, so the man should have the option to opt out of all of it as well.

Whats good for the goose, is good for the gander.

Oh, and BTW, I am a father, I love my son. I had a chance to not have anything to do with him, but I choose to have him, love him, and take care of him. I just think whats fair for one group, is fair for all groups.
But I'm giving the man the option.....the option to abort or not. She cannot abort without his consent. So with that, there is no she's got rights but I don't. Both have a say in the abortion. That was the point you all made.....over and over again. She can abort, but I can't. Well I'm saying, yes you can. You have the right. You have a say.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
So you think its okay for a man to tell a woman what to do with her body? This idea could work, but now you are taking the rights away from the woman. A child with out a father will be fine. If the father does not want the child then the child is better off. My mom raised 4 boys alone and we all turned out far better then anyone I have ever met. My dad was a dead beat who wanted nothing to do with us and our mom said fine...guess what...after we started getting older he wanted back in...My mom did not budge. I have talked to my father, but only becasue I am interested in my heritage. Our father was not their for us but his family was.

The only way to protect all rights is to do it as I suggested...give both sexes their choices. If the mother cannot afford it there are alternative options even if she desires to keep the child.
No, I think it's okay for a father to have a right to say whether or not his unborn child is aborted. That gives dad a say. That's exactly what you guys have been arguing for, "she can get out of it, but I can't". Well, I'm suggesting that you can, hypothetically of course.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:29 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,354,218 times
Quote:
No, I think it's okay for a father to have a right to say whether or not his unborn child is aborted. That gives dad a say. That's exactly what you guys have been arguing for, "she can get out of it, but I can't". Well, I'm suggesting that you can, hypothetically of course.
And i am saying that if you do this and the mans says no then the woman loses her rights...get it.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
And i am saying that if you do this and the mans says no then the woman loses her rights...get it.
No, the child does. Get it?

Old 07-21-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Oh wait. I get it. So this is not an abortion issue at all. You just want the right to be released from all legal, financial & parental obligations because you simply 'didn't want it'. Oh, I see. I gather we're definitely not talking about ethical or moral obligations. So do you want that right up until birth, or at any point afterwards when you decide you didn't want the child anyway? And why is it again you feel entitled to this right?

Old 07-21-2009, 06:43 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
So if the MANs religious beliefs prohibit abortion and the woman chooses to terminate the pregnancy?

Old 07-21-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
So if the MANs religious beliefs prohibit abortion and the woman chooses to terminate the pregnancy?
No see, I'm suggesting the woman cannot terminate the pregnancy without the consent of the man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates