Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2009, 07:44 PM

742 posts, read 1,229,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbledeez View Post
So only the woman has to deal with the consequences of an unplanned pregnancy. The man doesn't have to deal with any of it. Didn't you mention something about things being 'uneven' before? So you think THIS is 'even'??
if a woman goes ahead and does what she wants- KNOWING the man is opposed to it, then she CHOOSES to deal with it alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 07:47 PM

604 posts, read 1,186,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainelander View Post
if a woman goes ahead and does what she wants- KNOWING the man is opposed to it, then she CHOOSES to deal with it alone.
That's not the issue I raised. I'm talking about dealing with the unplanned pregnancy. You're suggesting that the man never has to deal with it at all.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
.....again showing that you want out of all the responsibility associated with the pregnancy.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:56 PM

lol, it is her choice and part of HER choice is losing her man. if she aborted and he left her, that would be acceptable to you? but if she kept it and he left, hes a monster all of a sudden?

yeah deal with it yourself. this is why men run out, cause of selfish women

Old 09-16-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbledeez View Post
.....again showing that you want out of all the responsibility associated with the pregnancy.
i am not denying it, if i chose to adopt a child, and the woman left, that would be her choice, it is not my fault that women are the ones to have children. if my fiancee brought home a dog even though i said not to, i might leave her or at the very least get rid of the dog.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:00 PM

517 posts, read 2,485,874 times
First of all, when is ANYTHING in life even? Second, the arguments seem to be coming down to men wanting to either control the woman, or be let off the hook if the woman decides to have and keep the child. In my opinion, the only innocent victim in this whole scenario is the unborn child.

I won't reiterate the obvious statements that have already been made, but to me this whole men getting the short end of the stick is really nonsense. The child gets the short end of the stick in this decision process.

Even if the woman decides to have a child that the man does not want, and he is legally obligated - does that really mean much anymore? How often do deadbeat dads really get held accountable? I'd be willing to bet that the answer to that relies heavily on the economic situation of both parties. The less $$ either has, the less likely this will even make it into a court of law. Sure, there are laws to protect the children but in reality they do very little.

The only way to prevent this whole debate from occurring in one's own life, is to not get pregnant. If you don't want the responsibility, take the necessary precautions. There are enough options out there running the gamut from abstinence to surgical sterilization.

Otherwise, deal with the consequences without making your child the victim.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
lol, it is her choice and part of HER choice is losing her man. if she aborted and he left her, that would be acceptable to you? but if she kept it and he left, hes a monster all of a sudden?

yeah deal with it yourself. this is why men run out, cause of selfish women
Oh, so another 'even' and 'unselfish' thing she has to deal with is the threat of 'losing her man'??

I guess the women will have to deal with it, 'cause the men certainly ain't gonna deal with anything at all. So they can deal with the courts....and that little check they got to pay.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenBo View Post
Otherwise, deal with the consequences without making your child the victim.
if the women knows the man will not support it and she carries through with the pregnancy, then she is the one screwing over the child not him.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
if the women knows the man will not support it and she carries through with the pregnancy, then she is the one screwing over the child not him.
IF, and that's a big if, IF the man told the woman that he has NO intention of dealing with anything at all if she gets pregnant BEFORE they actually have sex, then your point might be arguable. I mean you'll still lose the argument in a court of law, but I could almost see your point, IF that were the case.

Either way, she is not the one screwing over the child.

Last edited by Dbledeez; 09-16-2009 at 08:12 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 09-16-2009, 08:14 PM

no, because until its past the point of abortion, it IS up for debate. you say its about control- i say the woman can do anything she likes, she HAS to deal with the results, just because one decision may lead to undesired consequences doesn't make it someone elses problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates