Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 08:52 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Welcome to ignore. You made the list.

Thank the good Lord!!!!

Old 08-07-2009, 09:12 AM

1,310 posts, read 3,052,303 times
[quote=annika08;10157545]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Most of the truly honorable and moral people I know do not adhere to any form of organized religion at all (with the exception of Hindi and Buddhism-but those aren't really true forms of organized religion, are they?).
Tell this to the Founders of this Country you call home, love, and have a nice life in ; this country was founded on Christian morals, ethics, and values which are absolute in nature and are confirmed to be so in the U.S. Bill of RIghts . The reason why people put up the 'organized religion' excuse and dont want to live by high morals and values....is so they can live as they like regardless of right from wrong.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:17 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Thank the good Lord!!!!
The Lord works his wonders in mysterious ways. I'd have set you on ignore, too, but you don't have the staying power to be a real nuisance. However, you have behaved in a reprehensible way, significantly harming what little integrity and dignity this forum pretends to possess.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:23 AM

888 posts, read 1,591,757 times
Why not just shut the damn thing if you don't like what they be airing? I did it 4 years ago and don't regret it at all. I'm still living a very good life, there's so much more to do in life than watch TV.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic_Vega View Post
Why not just shut the damn thing if you don't like what they be airing? I did it 4 years ago and don't regret it at all. I'm still living a very good life, there's so much more to do in life than watch TV.
The answers have been listed for your questions. Go back to around post number 90.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:18 PM

'[quote=jtur88;10159605]The Lord works his wonders in mysterious ways.'

REPLY: And all this time from our many previous dialogues, you had me convinced you were 'an atheist' !

'I'd have set you on ignore, too, but you don't have THE STAYING POWER to be a real nuisance.'

REPLY: No pun inteneded (considering this threads title) ???!

' However, you have behaved in a reprehensible way, significantly harming what little integrity and dignity this forum pretends to possess.'

REPLY: But according to your very own philosophy of absolute moral laws not existing, she was simply behaving according to her own subjective moral standards...which of course you need to be tolerant to .

Old 08-07-2009, 12:25 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
'

' However, you have behaved in a reprehensible way, significantly harming what little integrity and dignity this forum pretends to possess.'

REPLY: But according to your very own philosophy of absolute moral laws not existing, she was simply behaving according to her own subjective moral standards...which of course you need to be tolerant to .
I have no objection to her morals. I object to her etiquette on this forum. If you're writing in defense of our pipilid friend.

And you are wrong about my philosophy. I believe absolute moral laws DO exist, and no reasonable man needed Jesus to tell us what they were, and we certainly did not need Jesus to add in a lot of so-called moral laws that had nothing to do with morals.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:05 PM

'I have no objection to her morals. I object to her etiquette on this forum. '

REPLY: Have yours always been tidy ?!

'If you're writing in defense of our pipilid friend.
'

REPLY: I take a pro-active stand in support of anyone who didnt allow themselves to be duped by our out of control Cultures philosophies.

'And you are wrong about my philosophy. I believe absolute moral laws DO exist,'

REPLY: How did personal absolute moral laws come about from non-willful/non-personal Materials like rocks, dirt, hydrogen and helium gas from an accidental unpurposed Big Bang , if not from another personal Source ?

' and no reasonable man needed Jesus to tell us what they were, and we certainly did not need Jesus to add in a lot of so-called moral laws that had nothing to do with morals.'

REPLY: The Founders of the Country you wish to call home and finish out your life in, were convinced the historically-proven Jesus had the highest defined standards of morality known to mankind which they considered high virtues for subsequent generations. Are YOUR personally-acquired absolute moral standards higher in benefit and authority ?

Old 08-07-2009, 01:30 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
I have not seen any objectionable commercials on the networks that my kids watch. Disney Channel, Nick, Noggin, and others don't seem to show the commercials. I also don't object to a commercial showing a couple going to spend quality time on an Island somewhere. They appear to be married and who has a problem with a married couple having sex on an island somewhere? Get a clue, most kids tune out unless they are showing something of interest. Who cares that they are saying to stop if an erection lasts to long. Besides isn't that a good thing? Well maybe not for the kidlets, but I doubt they will understand it anyway.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:10 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,032 times
RVlover, I appreciate your coming to my defense, and I want it to be known that it is not a question of my "staying power", but of the fact that I subscribe to Jesus's admonition to not " cast your pearls before the swine", and to the " casting the dust off" one's feet, when the audience is incapable of understanding.
It may also be said that I can see when I am beating a dead horse.
There is nothing to be gained by that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates