Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2009, 09:13 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,714,264 times

Advertisements

This really is hilarious!

Supposedly - or at least according to the atheists here - I am this narrow-minded religious bigot.

Yet I am the one who keeps saying to leave homosexuals alone and let them do what they want to do - even if that includes leaving homosexuality.

On the other hand, we have all these enlightened, liberal, loving and compassionate atheists who keep claiming that homosexuals CANNOT leave homosexuality, that to do so is IMPOSSIBLE, and that those who claim they do are LIVING A LIE.

So one person is saying to let homosexuals do what they want. The other people are refusing to let that happen. The "religious" person is saying to let people do what they want. The "supposedly non-religious" (religiously non-religious) people are refusing to admit that people should be able to do what they want to do.

Tell me again... who are the narrow-minded, judgmental people here? The ones who are trying to force their views on others? Ironic, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 09:17 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,355,958 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
And so now you're so dispassionate, and detached that you're SCREAMING EVERYTHING?!?!?!
I am not screaming, I am making everything capitalized like that to make it easier to read.

Quote:
So why is it that you narrow-minded atheists are always trying to cram your religion down the throats of people who might not happen to agree with you?
I have not tried cramming any religion down any through, I do not have a religion. I could care less if you agree with me or not, but when you start twisting my words, putting meaning behind them that is not there, or putting words in my mouth, that is narrow-minded.

Quote:
Why do you always denigrate every religion but your own?
First, I dont have a religion. Second, I dont denigrate any religion, I simply want to know what gives them the right to force people to fallow laws that fit their bible and their lifestyle only? Talk about cramming religion down throats, the major religions have always tried to force people to believe as they do, they cannot and will not tolerate those who dont believe or those who do things that the bible says not to. they will do anything to stop people from doing things the bible says not to.

Quote:
Why do atheists immediately become servile, nasty and abusive toward anybody who doesn't gulp down the Richard Dawkins Bible hook, line and sinker?
This comment makes no sense, I never tried to force anyone to do anything.

Quote:
Why are atheists always so angry?
Yeah, because atheists are the ones who have a rep for slaughtering thousands of innocent lives and persicuting various groups and communities because their bible says so. Your righ, no God fearing person who follows the teaching of the bible has ever done anything wrong.

Quote:
And why do atheists lie so much - claiming that somebody is trying to cram religion down your throats when it is only YOU who is cramming YOUR religion down others' throats?
You have already said this...so yeah...Logic classes?

Quote:
You have a LOT of thinking to do. A LOT of growing up to do. A LOT of learning to do.
I think on a regular basis, without influance. Thats right I think for myself, and I use logic. I think your right, I hope I have many years ahead of me. Learning comes with age so again I think your right, and thank you for the posotive words.

Quote:
I would suggest you start with some basic honesty. From there you might move on to extending the same decency to others that you expect them to extend to you - unless, of course, it isn't possible for an atheist to do that.
Honesty...well I chose to be honest with everyone including myself.

Also, this is not a religous debate, if you wish to debate relgion start a thread and send me the link, I will be happy to discuss anything you like. Just not in this thread. If you have nothing to say about the thread itself, please leave. I know what you are trying to do, I have seen it many times. You are trying to take this thread off topic because it probably does not fit in your beliefs. So, from this point on all your posts that are off topic(which is the Original post) will be reported.

I am asking everyone here to ignore Omaha Rocks posts if they are off topic in any way. Please do not give into his off topic discussions any longer. If this thread gets closed/deleted I will post another and another. so if any of your intentions is to take it off topic please leave now and go in peace.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:17 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,420,482 times
Quote:
You keep saying that a gay person leaving homosexuality is "living a lie."

How many times have you said it now? 5 times? 6 times?

Stop being so darned judgmental! Stop being so arrogant!

If somebody wants to leave homosexuality, IT IS NOT YOUR RIGHT TO JUDGE THEM. IT IS NOT YOUR RIGHT TO QUESTION WHY. IT IS NOT YOUR RIGHT TO SAY THEY ARE "LIVING A LIE."

What, about that, are you failing to understand?

You CELEBRATE when a heterosexual turns to homosexuality. Yet you WRITHE IN HATEFUL AGONY at the thought of a homosexual turning to heterosexuality.

Why the FLAGRANT double standard?

And by the way, save your stupid little anti-Bible diatribe. It's old. It's poorly-thought out and overused. It's extremely shallow. And what's more, I really don't care. All you're doing is continually exposing your own closed-mindedness. Nothing more.
Each and every professional and professional organization related to this subject all agree that homsoexuality is NOT a choice, it is inherent in that person.

Just like a heterosexual who lives as a homosexual is living a lie, so too is a so-called "ex-gay" living a lie.

It has nothing to do with your ad hominem of "judging", and everything to do with someone living against their nature.

Also, please feel More Than Free to show where, or how, I "celebrate" a hetero living a lie. As a matter of fact, I am unaware of ANY heterosexual "catching the gay" and becoming a homsoexual. Either you are, are not, or are bisexual.

BTW, my "stupid little anti-Bible diatribe" is spot on and quite contemporary, it is used as the motivating force behind the oppression and persecution of gays in this country today.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
I am asking everyone here to ignore Omaha Rocks posts if they are off topic in any way. Please do not give into his off topic discussions any longer. If this thread gets closed/deleted I will post another and another. so if any of your intentions is to take it off topic please leave now and go in peace.
White flag noted.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Each and every professional and professional organization related to this subject all agree that homsoexuality is NOT a choice, it is inherent in that person.
Another of your lies.

The TRUTH is that every professional and profession organization THAT YOU HAPPEN TO AGREE WITH says homosexuality is NOT a choice.

So let me ask you a question, since you're such a hate-filled religion hater. If a Muslim told you that the earth was round, would he automatically be wrong because he's a religious person?

Old 08-24-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
BTW, my "stupid little anti-Bible diatribe" is spot on and quite contemporary, it is used as the motivating force behind the oppression and persecution of gays in this country today.

Wrong again. It is the "stupid little anti-Bible atheists" who are trying to deny homosexuals the right to do what they want to do.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
This really is hilarious!

Supposedly - or at least according to the atheists here - I am this narrow-minded religious bigot.

Yet I am the one who keeps saying to leave homosexuals alone and let them do what they want to do - even if that includes leaving homosexuality.

On the other hand, we have all these enlightened, liberal, loving and compassionate atheists who keep claiming that homosexuals CANNOT leave homosexuality, that to do so is IMPOSSIBLE, and that those who claim they do are LIVING A LIE.

So one person is saying to let homosexuals do what they want. The other people are refusing to let that happen. The "religious" person is saying to let people do what they want. The "supposedly non-religious" (religiously non-religious) people are refusing to admit that people should be able to do what they want to do.

Tell me again... who are the narrow-minded, judgmental people here? The ones who are trying to force their views on others? Ironic, isn't it?
Thank you for getting someone back on topic. I will try to stear it in the right direction from here. I never said that someone cannot leave homosexuality, however rare that might be. Most cases, the person that leaves goes back in one way or another, A true Homosexual does not change their mind from day to day on their sexual preference. Your Gay, bi, or straight.

Some and many homosexuals that leave that lifestyle and claim to be heterosexual are infact living a lie, not all but many. That would be like you saying that you dont believe in god just to be excepted. not saying you would but some people might. Some people might also say they believe in God when they dont, just to be excepted. Do you not see this as a lie? It is living under false pretences, which to me is a lie.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Thank you for getting someone back on topic. I will try to stear it in the right direction from here. I never said that someone cannot leave homosexuality, however rare that might be. Most cases, the person that leaves goes back in one way or another, A true Homosexual does not change their mind from day to day on their sexual preference. Your Gay, bi, or straight.

Some and many homosexuals that leave that lifestyle and claim to be heterosexual are infact living a lie, not all but many. That would be like you saying that you dont believe in god just to be excepted. not saying you would but some people might. Some people might also say they believe in God when they dont, just to be excepted. Do you not see this as a lie? It is living under false pretences, which to me is a lie.
How do you know? How can you prove ANY of that? YOU CAN'T! Maybe the person leaving homosexuality wasn't really homosexual at all, but had left heterosexuality and was "living a lie" until he returned to what he always had been. Have you ever thought about that possibility? Or does that possibility scare you too much?

You DO NOT KNOW why people are leaving homosexuality to become heterosexual. You CANNOT KNOW WHY. All you can do is continue to sit back and say it can't happen, it doesn't happen, it's a lie.

And all the while, I'm sitting here - supposedly the closed-minded guy - telling you to leave them alone so that they can do whatever they want to do.

This is actually REALLY REALLY HILARIOUS
!

Old 08-24-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Wrong again. It is the "stupid little anti-Bible atheists" who are trying to deny homosexuals the right to do what they want to do.

can you prove that? I have only seen the religious community setting up rallies and fund raisers that fight homosexuality. I have never seen an atheist protesting homosexuality.

To say that religious people are excepting of those that live lifestyles that go against their religion is false, some might but most are not.

But I am glad to see that you support the gay community and support homosexual marriage. That is all i wanted to know....lol

P.s. No white flag has been raised unless its yours. However, I would like to call a truce on the beliefs argument. No one can say who is right and who is wrong, so lets just drop it.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
can you prove that? I have only seen the religious community setting up rallies and fund raisers that fight homosexuality. I have never seen an atheist protesting homosexuality.
Are you kidding me? Are you REALLY that blind.

YOU - YOU are doing EXACTLY what you claim all those "bible-thumping haters" are doing. YOU are the one who is saying that homosexuals CANNOT leave homosexuality! It's a lie!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't you just leave homosexuals alone and let them do what they want to do?

Good grief, take a good long look in the mirror!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates