Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 02:53 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,813,023 times

Advertisements

Yea that is interesting, I just have a hard time believing that there is absolutely no difference in being raised by two people of the same sex. I'm not saying it wouldn't have advantages as well, but it seems like there would be disadvantages. I mean, that's a big difference. I know for me and my sisters, not having any men in the house, I feel like we are better at getting stuff done ourselves, stuff a house might typically push off on the men to do we had the advantage of being forced to step up to the plate. Disadvantages, uhh well we didn't have a dad. Anything that would typically come from a father we had to look for paternal role models elsewhere. It would definetely be eaisier if the child was of the same sex as the couple I think, we had a mom and we are all women. I mean women can just get a turkey baster anyways, it's the men that are gay that have a hard time with having kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 02:54 PM

*have a mom

Old 09-17-2009, 03:13 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,684,001 times
Default Does that apply to widows too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
Yea but oversees I have heard by word of mouth really there is such a drop in Church attendance that sometimes you have a separate ceremony for church and then one for state. I realize we are probably limiting the discussion to the US though since I'd feel comfortable saying the majority of people on here are American. As for your clinical research I would be interested in seeing this. I find this to be surprising given the differences we see if children's parents are not married, some are positive differences some are negative, but coming from a single parent household I can tell you right now, there is a difference, I'm aware of the typical negative effects but have also discovered what I see as advantages in single parent homes as well.
Would you tell the 9/11 widows they better hurry up and find a man so they kids won't be raised by a single Mom?

My Grandma was widowed at the age of 34. She raised two kids (including my Mom) all alone during the Depression. Damn. These "selfish" women depriving their kids of a father by DEATH.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:20 PM

What a cruel response to me, trying to have an honest debate about the advantages and disadvantages of being raised in different types of homes. That was heartless and I will not even address that. Shame on you.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:53 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,059,113 times
I'm simply going to post my same response: Homosexuality does not hurt anyone - well, I guess, with the exception of gays themselves who are discriminated against, beaten or killed simply because of their sexual orientation. In the words of the immortal John Lennon:

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one. I hope some day you'll join us, and the world will be as one."

Old 09-18-2009, 08:35 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,356,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
Yea that is interesting, I just have a hard time believing that there is absolutely no difference in being raised by two people of the same sex. I'm not saying it wouldn't have advantages as well, but it seems like there would be disadvantages. I mean, that's a big difference. I know for me and my sisters, not having any men in the house, I feel like we are better at getting stuff done ourselves, stuff a house might typically push off on the men to do we had the advantage of being forced to step up to the plate. Disadvantages, uhh well we didn't have a dad. Anything that would typically come from a father we had to look for paternal role models elsewhere. It would definetely be eaisier if the child was of the same sex as the couple I think, we had a mom and we are all women. I mean women can just get a turkey baster anyways, it's the men that are gay that have a hard time with having kids.
uh, actually any advantages and disadvantages are solely on the parental guardian of the house hold. If say a man raises 4 girls, its his job to teach them everything a mother would, and vice versa.

That being said, my mom raised 4 boys all by her self. she taught us how to be men and when we became of age we would learn things our mom did could not teach us. So, any disadvatage would be on the parents until the child becomes a decent age and then the disadvatages fall on the child. I would say 16 years old to be old enough to grow up. If you can get a job and drive a car, you need to grow up. I am not saying they cant still have fun and be a "kid", hell I still have fun like that. I am just saying that it does not matter how many parents you have or what sex they are. They are there to protect and provide for you until you can work on your own then its your job to do just that. When I turned 16 I went out and got a job, while my friends where partying I was making a living and still having fun, after all I did have more money than my friends.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:24 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,223,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Okay I am so sick of people who are all about stopping the homosexual community from getting married and even having relationships with other homosexuals. How are they hurting you or anyone else by getting married or having a relationship with someone of the same sex?

If you cannot answer this question then you have no reason to pester these good people anymore. So go back to your bibles and close-minded lives and leave them alone.
Gee a thinly-veiled excuse to attack Christians. There's something new.

Troll or putz? You make the call.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:21 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,356,592 times
yeah, see your one of the close minded people I am talking about. Plus, not all christians are bad and not only christians read the bible. Sure you can label them in general as such but most will say they are not.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:06 AM

19 posts, read 29,500 times
Default greetings

feels pretty good, actually............

Old 09-21-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
uh, actually any advantages and disadvantages are solely on the parental guardian of the house hold. If say a man raises 4 girls, its his job to teach them everything a mother would, and vice versa.

That being said, my mom raised 4 boys all by her self. she taught us how to be men and when we became of age we would learn things our mom did could not teach us. So, any disadvatage would be on the parents until the child becomes a decent age and then the disadvatages fall on the child. I would say 16 years old to be old enough to grow up. If you can get a job and drive a car, you need to grow up. I am not saying they cant still have fun and be a "kid", hell I still have fun like that. I am just saying that it does not matter how many parents you have or what sex they are. They are there to protect and provide for you until you can work on your own then its your job to do just that. When I turned 16 I went out and got a job, while my friends where partying I was making a living and still having fun, after all I did have more money than my friends.
I'm not talking about the kid breaking the law or anything, all I said was I think classes would be a good idea maybe for the kid, Yes, my sisters and I are exceptions to single parent home statistics as well. There is overall a difference though as most people are aware of with statistics about children being raised in single parent homes, luckily many parents like yours know how to counter these possible ill effects. You can't tell me it's no different. It is. They would have the advantage of haveing not one but two moms or dads! That's great! There is still going to be one that is not there though and having two of the same sex parents would be something that we could educate kids on better. My ideas aren't that far fetched on this. Some state was trying to do this with a penguin book or something and the penguins were gay and use it as a child book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates