Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 11:06 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They have interviewed the F-16 pilots on TV several times. They were in Haul Butt mode but could only watch from a long distance when the 2nd plane hit struck the tower.

I'm not sure they had the authority to shoot down a plane loaded with civilians at that time.

I was asking for a real source. I want to read it for myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 11:11 AM

1,310 posts, read 3,051,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
As we commemorate the eighth anniversary of these fateful events that took place eight years ago, how do you feel about what was, and wasn't accomplished, in the fight to rid the world of terrorism and protect our nation?
Im glad they got the MasterMind to the 911 Attacks (Shiek Mohammed) but its not good that they didnt get Bin Laden , the CEO of Terrorism on America. I thought for sure we'd get a video'd Speech from the evil CEO this anniversary, but i guess not. Id like to see far less money going into the Space Program and more of it going into tracking him down .

Old 09-12-2009, 11:13 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
That's exactly what I did.

Lets see, my objective is to kill as many civilians as possible. I know, I'll crash a plane into a modern, architecturally sound building that would never collapse, and that can easily be evacuated in a few minutes. No, wait, that won't work.

Is that what you mean by "think like the enemy"?

You counsel us to think like the enemy, and then when we do, you accuse us of "bowing to all the Islamic radicals terms" and "gives groups like Al Queda legitimacy and fuels their desire to see us destroyed." Make up your mind.

My entire post, which you so scathingly blasted me for, did absolutely nothing but "think like the enemy".
Yes, you did, but not, seemingly anyway, from the standpoint of defeating them. Understanding of the ideology of the enemy, and employing that ideology against them are two different animals. 'Modern, architecturally sound buildings, that would never collapse'? Lol, but collapse they did. That notwithstanding, crashing a 737 into ANY building is going to cause loss of life, whether evacuation orders are properly executed or not. By the way, I did not say that we are bowing to the radicals terms. I asked you if you saw that as a viable solution. You did a bang up job of stating the views of Islamic radicalism, but said nothing in the vein of how understanding of this could be used against them. Your post that I quoted read as understanding their agenda, and agreeing with said agenda. As if knowing their minds, we should back off and leave them be, and thus placate them. Sorry, but I don't think that's gonna work to well.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
Im glad they got the MasterMind to the 911 Attacks (Shiek Mohammed) but its not good that they didnt get Bin Laden , the CEO of Terrorism on America. I thought for sure we'd get a video'd Speech from the evil CEO this anniversary, but i guess not. Id like to see far less money going into the Space Program and more of it going into tracking him down .
Bin Laden is no longer linked to 9/11. Go through this thread again.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:44 AM

1,310 posts, read 3,051,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Bin Laden is no longer linked to 9/11. Go through this thread again.
I personally watched the video of BinLaden meeting with another Terrorist Operative where BinLaden gloats saying he never expected the Towers to fall down and was happy they did come down ; this Video was released on TV a few weeks after 911 which im sure many on this thread remember seeing. Further, the Terrorists who were on the planes that crashed them into the World Trade Center buildings were trained by Al Queda to carry out the Mission.... and just as recently as 2 days ago it was televised on ABC's Good Morning America and Nightline that a CIA Spy who infiltrated a Muslim Mosque where Mohammed Atta (Ring Leader of the 911 Mission) frequented , was told to stay away from Atta and instead pursue a Terrorist wannabe also at the same Mosque. Bin Laden was most certainly involved , directly or indirectly with 911, being the head of Al Quada.

Last edited by RVlover; 09-12-2009 at 12:02 PM.. Reason: added

Old 09-12-2009, 12:25 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yes, you did, but not, seemingly anyway, from the standpoint of defeating them.
If my child, or wife, or neighbor, or coworker, does something that seems harmful, I do not start from your default position of "defeating them", and start beating them half to death. I think almost any rational human being would start by saying "Why did you do that?".

Understanding the person you blame will bring much better results than simply blaming the person you don't understand.

What if we had had a president who would have said "Mr. Bin Laden, let's sit down and talk. I'd like to know your motives. Tell me what it is that you are trying to accomplish. Convince me that it is a worthwhile goal, and maybe we can work together to achieve it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
As if knowing their minds, we should back off and leave them be, and thus placate them. .
What if we learned that their agenda is to be left alone by us, to develop their own sphere of influence in their own part of the world, consistent with the historical cultural values of their people?

Last edited by jtur88; 09-12-2009 at 12:37 PM..

Old 09-12-2009, 12:59 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,064,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Iraq was not fighting a war against the US.
When we went to war with Nazi Germany they were not fighting us at the time either.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
I personally watched the video of BinLaden meeting with another Terrorist Operative where BinLaden gloats saying he never expected the Towers to fall down and was happy they did come down ; this Video was released on TV a few weeks after 911 which im sure many on this thread remember seeing. Further, the Terrorists who were on the planes that crashed them into the World Trade Center buildings were trained by Al Queda to carry out the Mission.... and just as recently as 2 days ago it was televised on ABC's Good Morning America and Nightline that a CIA Spy who infiltrated a Muslim Mosque where Mohammed Atta (Ring Leader of the 911 Mission) frequented , was told to stay away from Atta and instead pursue a Terrorist wannabe also at the same Mosque. Bin Laden was most certainly involved , directly or indirectly with 911, being the head of Al Quada.
So why is he not directy linked to 9/11 by the FBI and Dick Cheney?

Edit: Can I see the video somewhere?

Old 09-12-2009, 01:07 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,064,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
First of all, opium is not an "illegal narcotic" in Afghanistan.
Until you can learn to look objectively at things like this, your comments will remain suspect.
I have been advised by a well respected and knowledgeable friend on this board not to respond to your posts and now I know why. You are full of BS. Picture below was taken this year of a Afghan Police officer plowing under and destroying an opium crop BECAUSE it is illegal there.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
When we went to war with Nazi Germany they were not fighting us at the time either.
That is incorrect. Germany declared war on the USA. That makes it a totally different situation.

BBC ON THIS DAY | 11 | 1941: Germany and Italy declare war on US
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates