Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 04:18 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
It was mentioned on the news back on September 11th, 2001, and I saw it in a documentary on the History Channel. Also NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command) was advised but they weren't able to do much.
Thats not a valid source, but thanks anyways. I try to find some information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 04:42 AM

18,118 posts, read 11,753,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Did you see the surprise on the president's face? "They didn't tell me it was gonna be today."

Last night I watched the MSNBC replay of 9/11 coverage. The smoke from the WTC was black. The smoke from the Pantagon was white. Same jet fuel. Hmmm.

YouTube - George Bush On The Morning Of Sept 11

Tell me again, Does Mr. President look suprised? I think not. This might be a lesson to USA to remain calm and not panic?

Old 09-13-2009, 05:10 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,064,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
That is incorrect. Germany declared war on the USA. That makes it a totally different situation.
BBC ON THIS DAY | 11 | 1941: Germany and Italy declare war on US

Well you are correct in that Germany declared war on the us first but we were helping the allies fight the Nazis before Germany declared war on us by supplying Britain with the "Destroyers For Bases Deal" in September 1940 and the "Lend Lease Plan" in November 1940 and wars can be wars without being declared.

About the 9-11 attacks I don't have a lot to say except that the people who think that the Bush administration was responsible for it are full on nut jobs and no amount of proof or reasoning will convince them of the facts. People believe what they want to believe.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Well you are correct in that Germany declared war on the us first but we were helping the allies fight the Nazis before Germany declared war on us by supplying Britain with the "Destroyers For Bases Deal" in September 1940 and the "Lend Lease Plan" in November 1940 and wars can be wars without being declared.

About the 9-11 attacks I don't have a lot to say except that the people who think that the Bush administration was responsible for it are full on nut jobs and no amount of proof or reasoning will convince them of the facts. People believe what they want to believe.
You twist around what you have said before.
The US have supplied Iraq, too and many other countries. That didnt mean that the US was going to attack their (Iraqs and others) enemies.

"People believe what they want to believe":
That is true for both, the sceptics and those, who believe their government.
A sceptic could say the same thing about you with the same words that you have used.
(That doesnt mean that I am taking sides).

Old 09-13-2009, 12:41 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,051,400 times
Quote:
So why is he not directy linked to 9/11 by the FBI and Dick Cheney?

Edit: Can I see the video somewhere?
I dont know why BinLaden isnt according to FBI and Cheney ; by when BinLaden is shown in a news video gloating and taking credit for the buildings coming down to a fellow Terrorist, it would seem like a pretty shut case . You may be able to find the video i speak of online ; it was shown nationally a few weeks after 9-11-01 on TV --- the conversation on the Video was not in english but they translated it.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:40 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarshipPoopers1 View Post
What better way is there to stop the flow of illegal narcotics than at the source? Admittedly it's not that simple, since for many farmers opium cultivation is their only income, but still. Steps must be taken to limit it and then eradicate it. Unless you're arguing that opium is needed in the world, at which point you yourself become 'suspect'.
Off topic, but I had to respond.

Yes, opium IS needed in the world.

Since the Neolithic Age, man has used opium poppies for pain relief and anesthetic for surgery.

In fact, currently the majority of American morphine is from Indian opium poppy plants.

Call me suspect if you choose, but I fail to see how eradicating a proven form of pain relief for millions is a good idea.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
I dont know why BinLaden isnt according to FBI and Cheney ; by when BinLaden is shown in a news video gloating and taking credit for the buildings coming down to a fellow Terrorist, it would seem like a pretty shut case . You may be able to find the video i speak of online ; it was shown nationally a few weeks after 9-11-01 on TV --- the conversation on the Video was not in english but they translated it.
The reason must be then that there is not enough evidence, not even the video, which btw, can be real but also could be fake.
Otherwise, why would Dick Cheney and the FBI not think he was definitely responsible for 9/11?
There are also rumours, that Bin Laden has been dead for many years. For someone who was sick and had no access to a hospital, that would not even be surprising.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
The reason must be then that there is not enough evidence, not even the video, which btw, can be real but also could be fake.
Otherwise, why would Dick Cheney and the FBI not think he was definitely responsible for 9/11?
There are also rumours, that Bin Laden has been dead for many years. For someone who was sick and had no access to a hospital, that would not even be surprising.
Its confirmed that Mohammed Atta, the Plane Ring Leader for 9-11 , was Al Queda . Im sure with Bin Ladens money and power, he would have a Kidney Dialysis Machine and medical doctors on the payroll ... even if they had to live in a cave . Looks like its been 18 months since we've heard from the evil man : http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/...gen/index.html . Maybe one of our Hell Fire missles got him.

Last edited by RVlover; 09-13-2009 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: added

Old 09-13-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
Its confirmed that Mohammed Atta, the Plane Ring Leader for 9-11 , was Al Queda . Im sure with Bin Ladens money and power, he would have a Kidney Dialysis Machine and medical doctors on the payroll ... even if they had to live in a cave . Looks like its been 18 months since we've heard from the evil man : Bergen: Tape shows Gaza conflict 'big deal' to bin Laden - CNN.com . Maybe one of our Hell Fire missles got him.
Mohammed Atta is not Bin Laden. I have more "trust" in the FBI and Cheney on this subject than in people on the internet.

Here is something interesting for you to read:
CNN.com - U.S. rejects Taliban offer to try bin Laden - October 7, 2001

Old 09-13-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Mohammed Atta is not Bin Laden. I have more "trust" in the FBI and Cheney on this subject than in people on the internet.

Here is something interesting for you to read:
CNN.com - U.S. rejects Taliban offer to try bin Laden - October 7, 2001
Surely you must have heard on the TV and other Media that Atta was an Al Queada Terrorist. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Atta . And if Bin Laden is the CEO of Al Queda , Bin Laden and the rest of the Organization are responsible for 9-11 . As for putting alot of trust in our Government Officials, it is misplaced .

Last edited by RVlover; 09-13-2009 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: added
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates