Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 11:10 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,859,599 times

Advertisements

Over defamation, of all things!! The worlds top hate-inspired speaker and hate-spewing racist is upset that Rush Limbaugh hurt his feelings...

The "Reverand" and his co-hort Jesse Jackson both deserve to be put down, let people who don't stand to profit from racism run their rackets.

Rev. Al Sharpton threatens to sue Rush Limbaugh over Wall Street Journal op-ed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 12:23 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Sharpton is one of the biggest idiot racist bigots out there. Both he and Jesse Jackson are a humiliation to blacks, and are doing the good people of their race a SEVERE injustice.

It's time for African-Americans to, en mass, stand up and tell Sharpton and Jackson to sit down a shut up.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:35 PM

53 posts, read 125,613 times
Sharpton is as dumb as a stump. I actually cringe when he goes on Orielly or other shows for an interview. He gets schooled every time and looks like a complete fool. He is not a good advocate for Black America. He's "all or nothing" with the lacking ability to see things from any other perspective other then his own. I would also guess his IQ is about 88. He's a true idiot and does little to no good for African Americans.

Old 10-18-2009, 02:06 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Sharpton is one of the biggest idiot racist bigots out there. Both he and Jesse Jackson are a humiliation to blacks, and are doing the good people of their race a SEVERE injustice.

It's time for African-Americans to, en mass, stand up and tell Sharpton and Jackson to sit down a shut up.
They are an embarassment to African-Americans. Unfortunately they insinuate they are representative of the African-American race. What do these two racists do for a living? Who are the idiots that pay them?

Old 10-18-2009, 02:46 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times
The question is why the Black community continues to let them be figureheads. It certainly is not in their best interests. There are so many progressive Black leaders out there it never ceases to amaze me that they dont all come out against the racist hate mongers.

Old 10-18-2009, 02:51 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
I saw no quotation in the article from Sharpton that he was going to sue anybody.

Old 10-18-2009, 02:53 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,354,979 times
All of the hate mongers like Jackson , Sharpton , and Farrahkan exist because they tell the black community what they want to hear . That they are victims , and all of their problems are somebody else's fault .

Old 10-18-2009, 03:59 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
Over defamation, of all things!! The worlds top hate-inspired speaker and hate-spewing racist is upset that Rush Limbaugh hurt his feelings...

The "Reverand" and his co-hort Jesse Jackson both deserve to be put down, let people who don't stand to profit from racism run their rackets.

Rev. Al Sharpton threatens to sue Rush Limbaugh over Wall Street Journal op-ed
Has Al Sharpton ever made a public statement accusing another person of criminal activity?

Old 10-19-2009, 06:18 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,688,423 times
What KILLS me is that when Jesse Jackson started out as a preacher in SC, he was all about blacks taking personal responsibility and bringing themselves up in spite of everyone else. He initiated "Operation Bootstrap" which was for blacks to help each other rise above poverty, become educated, and take on the world as functioning and cognizant members of the human race. He was as adamant as Bill Cosby against ignorance and dependence on government or other races. Many people, black and white, admired him and helped him.

Then he apparently realized that there was more profit in encouraging racial anger, self-righteousness, and a "you OWE me" mindset in his followers. My older black friends are appalled by him - especially the ones who went out, got college degrees and careers, raised their children to work hard and be productive and responsible adults, and who now are insulted by the people in their own race who call them "Uncle Tom"s and worse.

The family that used to live across the street from me (she a nurse, he a preacher) had problems with the local high school because when they demanded that something be done about their daughter being molested at school by a group of black males, were told by the black principal, "It's YOUR culture, too, and that's how black boys are". Their daughter became pregnant, had a daughter - and went on to get her Master's in nursing in spite of it. Imagine what it must be like in a culture of self indulgence to try to be responsible and have integrity - and have the leaders of that culture debase and insult your efforts. One has to be a strong individual to overcome that.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:01 AM

776 posts, read 1,275,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I saw no quotation in the article from Sharpton that he was going to sue anybody.
Quote:
The civil rights leader, typically impervious to insults, said Saturday that he will sue Rush Limbaugh for defamation unless he gets an apology from the right-wing radio host.
The newspaper probably did not use a direct quote for fearing of getting a word or two wrong and getting sued by Sharpton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates