Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 07:19 AM

737 posts, read 1,648,842 times

Advertisements

If you are a male and had a large income would you ask for a Prenup?

If you a male and marrying a girl with money how would you feel if she asked for a Prenub?

If you a woman would you sign a prenub?
As a woman with money would you ask for a prenub?

I personally would never sign one. If the person asked me for a prenub I would walk. Why because it seems to be getting the marriage off on the wrong foot from the beginning.

If I had a lot of money would I ask for one? ( Oh now the shoe is on the other foot you say) If I felt like I had to and there were signs I would walk again and not down the isle.

If I really felt strong about the person then I would remain with the person minus a prenup. As in without marriage.

Then again you know men they always tug as our hearts. So I would say minus marriage.

Sometimes their is a huge difference between love and being a caring person also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 07:23 AM

50 posts, read 65,385 times
I feel the same way about prenups as I do about the obese college students that now have to take a class to graduate....if you are stupid enough to agree to it, you get what you get.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:30 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlady01 View Post
If you are a male and had a large income would you ask for a Prenup?

If you a male and marrying a girl with money how would you feel if she asked for a Prenub?

If you a woman would you sign a prenub?
As a woman with money would you ask for a prenub?

I personally would never sign one. If the person asked me for a prenub I would walk. Why because it seems to be getting the marriage off on the wrong foot from the beginning.

If I had a lot of money would I ask for one? ( Oh now the shoe is on the other foot you say) If I felt like I had to and there were signs I would walk again and not down the isle.

Marriage is a contract. I think that if more people viewed it as a contract there might be less animosity when it ends. Having said that, I think a prenup is nothing more than an extension of that contract.

I think a prenup is a wise idea. I don't think having a lot of money is necessary. I think it can be something as simple as the house and vehicles.
I am a female and if I were to marry again I might insist on a prenup.
Even if it merely states that I walk with what I came in with.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:47 AM

Just wanted to add a woman can only stay with a man for so long without commitment. I would give it time see how things were going. Once it is put out there it could become a thorn that would lead me to move on.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:51 AM

Why would you say that? To clarify: Why would you say that a woman can only stay with a man for so long without commitment?

Must be sweeping generalization week.

Last edited by Pandamonium; 12-04-2009 at 08:10 AM..

Old 12-04-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Why would you say that? To clarify: Why would you say that a woman can only stay with a man for so long without commitment?

Must be sweeping generalization week.

Not a generalization just past knowledge. He would have to be committed to me as a couple and I felt secure with that. If I felt like he was committed (not including rumors) Then I would stay. If I felt as if he wasn't committed to the relationship I would leave prenub or not.

If I felt like the man was commited to me and cared yeah I would remain but I wouldn't sign a prenub.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:16 AM

So, what you are saying is that if it was true for you then it must be true for all?

Old 12-04-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
So, what you are saying is that if it was true for you then it must be true for all?
No that is not what I said. I was just about to post before you added that.

You have to know my past tho. I have been known to walk away from it all. Not taking nothing but the clothes on my back. Things can be replaced (anyone ever been in a fire) I ain't been in no fire but how does the story go what is worth more you life or you things.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:34 AM

Just wanted to add one last thing. When I was a bartender everyone got the same service tip or not. When I worked as a waitress there was a couple that use to come in and no one wanted to wait on them because the refused to tip. I was the one that waited on them and I gave them the same service as anyone else.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:38 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,678,228 times
Quote:
Marriage is a contract. I think that if more people viewed it as a contract there might be less animosity when it ends. Having said that, I think a prenup is nothing more than an extension of that contract.

I think a prenup is a wise idea. I don't think having a lot of money is necessary. I think it can be something as simple as the house and vehicles.
I am a female and if I were to marry again I might insist on a prenup.
Even if it merely states that I walk with what I came in with.

You are quite a romantic one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates