Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 11:13 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
And if there IS a crazy guy walking around WalMart with a gun, the police will give her the soothing reassurance that "That's alright, Ma'am, he has a right to".

Well if it is holstered on his side , I agree. Most criminials don't carry a holstered weapon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 12:16 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,503,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Well if it is holstered on his side , I agree. Most criminials don't carry a holstered weapon.
Or engage in friendly conversation with the locals. No, the gunman is pretty easy to spot--He's the one shooting the defenseless.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:21 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
Quote:
Actually the moron in Surprise AZ had his gun out of the holster, playing with the clip at one point. Several customers complained as they were running out of the store. But I guess that's why they call it Surprise

Old 04-19-2010, 01:10 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,140,085 times
Most open-carriers would fall easy victim to anyone who wanted them out of the way. A barking dog would do more to deter crime than then these clowns.

The concept is a joke... and throw in a few drinks and the open-carriers become the bad guys.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:43 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,090,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Most open-carriers would fall easy victim to anyone who wanted them out of the way. A barking dog would do more to deter crime than then these clowns.

The concept is a joke... and throw in a few drinks and the open-carriers become the bad guys.
Welcome back, Mr. Fenty! Another vote for keeping DC's gun laws the way they are? Or are you trying to sell barking dogs?

The OCs draw attention away from those who may be carrying concealed.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:44 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,156,874 times
LOL gunners birther and t-baggers, what a country. At least the birthers have the stones to demonstrate in the District.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:22 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,003,003 times
Quote:
As in "You can tell the good guys---they have guns".

Old 04-19-2010, 02:31 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
I am an avid outdoor sportsman, conservationist and gun enthusiast. I support the laws that allow this type of free speech. However, I believe that this group could have picked a better day. I agree with the OP's sentiment but I'm sure Virginia will be ok. I self identify with the frustration these people are feeling about our great country and it's current path.

I would not have done it on the Anniversary of Oklahoma bombing. That event is burned into my memory as clearly as 911.

"Back to NE" you better be damn fast and experianced if you want this OC'er out of the way. I can tell you I spend lots of time and money.
At my house its f the dog and beware of owners.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:46 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
I wonder if in the article the misspelling of important as impotent was a parapraxis (sick of freudian slip) of a gun hater mentality. As in "important symbol" vs "impotent symbol" It even made my hard core gun loving butt laugh. O well I guess it's just my "LIBERAL CONSPIRACY IMAGINATION" working overtime lol. Maybe that right wing nut did mean impotent. Anywho am I the only one who saw that?

No comment need jtur88. But, I know you can't help yourself.

Yes this gun nut can lookup freudian slip on google to look smart using a big Reader's Digest power word. Surprise, Surprise, Surprise

Old 04-19-2010, 04:03 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times
The day our Revolution began in response to a British attempt at gun grabbing...excellent day for this rally.

The effect of the open carry movement in several states is that guns have become quite acceptable and normal, as people see them more often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates