Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 09:05 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,084,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I have seen too many women hig tied and shot on theor knees in the name of Alah

They have no honor, no morals and no ethics. .
They could teach you a thing of two about honor, morals and ethics.

In Jordan, I had a car that I had bought in France. I needed to pay off the car, which was around $10,000 (today's money). I went to a store-front money changer, and told him what I needed to do. He asked what currency I wanted it in, I said it can be anything but French Francs, because it was for a tax-free etranger car for export. He reached in his coat pocket and pulled out a ballpoint pen and a checkbook for his private checking account in a New York bank, and wrote a personal check on his account to Renault. I gave him $10K in travelers checks, he handed me the check, I put it in the mail, it cleared, I got a receipt, and the car was paid for.

That, sir, is honor and ethics. That is how business is done there, sealed with a handshake.

Now it's your turn. Tell us about the time you watched a woman being "hig-tied" and shot on her knees in the name of Allah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 09:30 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,991,765 times
Well I made a boo boo typing. It was to read hog tied but you knew that.

People float me money all the time too. Right now a guy I never met in New Foundland of all places bought me a tach for my bike and it is in shipping somewhere. The total bill is $103.71, and the guy wants me to recieve it before I pay him back. That tach shipped from Fla. I don't do e-bay and or pay pal, and so this is why.

Several other riders I never met offered the same thing. The reason I chose the guy in New Foundland was because he was also buying the same tack for his bike.

Nearly the same thing eh? Another guy I never met but did, bought me 2 tires, a complete exhaust, a TFI fuel modual, 2 air filters and the housings, so when I arrived in Cal these could all be installed for the ride back east. This was over $1000.00, and he wanted to get paid back after I got back. I paid him then and there naturally.

Also he had ft and rr brake pads on hand and ft and rr rotors if I needed them. I didn't and so he kept these for his bike.

What was that you were going to teach me about ethics?

Another thing I used to do was work sterling trade silver. I made rather alot of musem quality pieces from 1761 to 1828 copies with my makers mark. People I never ever met would order these and I would ship them out for inspection. The deal was I got paid promptly or the piece was sent back. No one ever returned one and I never got burned.

You might not be able to tell, but I don't exactly need your approval to know what honor, ethics, and morals are see.

I promise you I will never hog tie a woman and toss her off a truck, to shoot her in the head, or hack off a reporters head with the dullest knife I could find, and film any of it for tv news. Somehow I know you will twist these words. You didn't see that? It was terrible, her whole family was there to see. So far as I know the entire world was able to see that and the reporter too His name was Danial Pearl.

That what Alah is to me. A Murder and a thug.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
His name was Danial Pearl.

That what Alah is to me. A Murder and a thug.
Murderous American Christian thugs, whom you admire and respect and revere, executed 52 people in 2009. If they had been shown on live TV, there would have been more viewers than the Super Bowl. We showed the execution of Saddam Hussein on TV.

See if you can explain the difference, to me, between Allah and God. When missionary societies translate the Christian Bible into Arabic, do you know what Arabic word they use for "God"? "Allah".

Old 05-13-2010, 12:56 AM

719 posts, read 2,668,290 times
If humanity IS in decline, I believe it is because we've become so materialistic. What ever happened to technology being a TOOL? The system should be working for US. We shouldn't be working for the system. Living conditions now are better than they were before. So it would seem the system IS working for us. And yet we still irresponsibly let it perverse us. What ever happened to just being human? It seems as if we've lost so much depth. Hell, we've even made it hard for us to respect our own Mother Earth. And in the end, we're only hurting ourselves with our meticulously planned hedonism.

Who knows; maybe what I stated above is just the mindless ranting of a romantic. But the key word in it all is the word IF. IF humanity is in decline.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:06 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,747,247 times
Technology has made us less human, in my opinion. Technology requires that the system that created it is preserved. As it "progresses" it becomes more complex. As the complexity of the system expands, humans are forced to serve specific and specialized "needs" in order to keep the system running. In other words, expansion of technological complexity, requires contraction of human freedom.

As we continue to lose freedom or autonomy, because the system is designed to always become more complex, every person will continually be forced to devote more and more of their existence to support the growing technology. As people lose more of their freedom, which is a basic human need, their resistence to the system will grow as well. This natural resistence forces the system to impose ever harsher "laws" to force humans to obey and to serve.

Like "governments", technology has evolved into an enemy of mankind. "They" work together against humans. We are most likely only witnessing an intermediate stage in a race to see which will eradicate our species first. They were both created to "help" us and have degenerated into agents of our ultimate destruction. (At least as independent beings)

Old 05-13-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndigo View Post
If humanity IS in decline, I believe it is because we've become so materialistic. What ever happened to technology being a TOOL? The system should be working for US. We shouldn't be working for the system. Living conditions now are better than they were before. So it would seem the system IS working for us. And yet we still irresponsibly let it perverse us. What ever happened to just being human? It seems as if we've lost so much depth. Hell, we've even made it hard for us to respect our own Mother Earth. And in the end, we're only hurting ourselves with our meticulously planned hedonism.
That is an excellent point, which I have made in other threads.

The beauty of the machine is that it enables us to get constant output while putting in a great deal less work. But instead, the machine has been used to keep multiplying the output, while still demanding constant work.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:30 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,618,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
No. I don't think that any other form of life on this planet developed intellect and freedom, so I don't think it was an intermediate step. So ants never "chose" to be a species which acts more like a single organism. I believe that intellect and the freedom that that ability allows is the most efficient form of evolutionary progress because of the nearly limitless number of "experiments" that evolution can take at any given time. Freedom allows the probability of successful evolution or progress to take a quantum leap over rigid social structures that can only make single experiments at any given time.

Imagine if every man were a scientist. Would mankind make more advances and discoveries if every person performed their own experiments, or if the collective decided to do one experiment at a time? Whether or not you would agree that "infinite experimentation" would be more productive than "collective experimentation", it should be obvious that members of the "collective" never needed to develop independent thought at all. If "collective" experimentation was superior, why would not evolution have dictated that man simply rely on pure instinct instead of thought? I am no expert on evolutionary theory, just asking some questions. It would certainly be much more efficient to have tiny brains without individual thought and march in single file lines if we were "meant" to be a collective.

Without this natural freedom, we are left to be futile sacrificial animals in the experiments made by the very few who are capable and willing to use independent thought to manipulate the mindless followers.

As is the case in our history, "we" will form "societies" which serve only those who are willing to initiate force, not intellect, upon the masses. At best, humans will be a herd of animals led, and slaughtered, by the most evil amongst us.

Finally, if we are to be nothing more than a part of a larger organism, or "society", it is indeed the cruelest of all possibilities that we were given the ability to think indiependently and yet not the ability to act upon that independent thinking.

Live and let live.

I agree with the premise, yet I think the source you cite is incorrect. Humans need only look into the mrror to find out who is surpressing individuality and personal fullfillment, not some obscure "force" that exists somewhere out there. We force conformaty on others via violence and shunning becuase most people are too weak and insecure to be one with themselves and confront their internal dreams and failings. If everyone is like yourself, then you as an individual never feel forced to confront your beliefs, ideas, dreams, failures and ultamitely your own life. You can hide anongst the masses and feel good in knowing that you're not "Alone" in your insecurity. Being disabled, I have had a front row seat to how people degrade and attack anyone who reminds them of their own humanity. Schools and Media teach people that they are Gods in their own mind, and that their own personal sancitiy comes above respecting others. TV and Media serve to keep us afraid and lustful for that which we don't nor have ever needed.

Government, The Rich, The Poor, Religon, etc all all cop outs for the true oppressors, and that is each and every one of us.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:20 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,747,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
I agree with the premise, yet I think the source you cite is incorrect. Humans need only look into the mrror to find out who is surpressing individuality and personal fullfillment, not some obscure "force" that exists somewhere out there. We force conformaty on others via violence and shunning becuase most people are too weak and insecure to be one with themselves and confront their internal dreams and failings. If everyone is like yourself, then you as an individual never feel forced to confront your beliefs, ideas, dreams, failures and ultamitely your own life. You can hide anongst the masses and feel good in knowing that you're not "Alone" in your insecurity. Being disabled, I have had a front row seat to how people degrade and attack anyone who reminds them of their own humanity. Schools and Media teach people that they are Gods in their own mind, and that their own personal sancitiy comes above respecting others. TV and Media serve to keep us afraid and lustful for that which we don't nor have ever needed.

Government, The Rich, The Poor, Religon, etc all all cop outs for the true oppressors, and that is each and every one of us.
True enough. In the end, it is the individual who enslaves himself through his own choice, whether voluntary or not.

I was more or less talking about how all "societies" are based upon initiations of force, or aggression, (regardless of whether that source is a Central Bank, "Government", Church, etc.) which history shows is powerful enough to make all but a very small portion of the poplulation sacrifice their lives for purposes which they would not otherwise do so freely.

However, I wouldn't necessarily call it "copping out" for one to expose the initiators of force. (Again, you have made a good point.) I just find that that judgement is like placing blame on the victim of armed robbery on the victim's "consent" to give up his property in exchange for his life. Sure, it would be great if everyone had the courage to face death for their freedom, however most people simply take the less frightening prospect of being continually abused rather than outright murdered. So we live in a world of threat, force, and extortion, because we have come to believe that this is safer (or easier) than resisting those who are against peace, freedom, and voluntary agreement. Maybe that is the "cop out" for all of humanity.

I support and try to live my life as stricly as possible to a libertarian philosophy (note little l not capital L). Society will do everything in its power to threaten, harm, and punish me whenever it deems freedom and peace as a threat to its interests. I have my own moral guide, which has no relationship whatsoever to a society that is "organized" by agression and bondage.

My only "obligation" to my fellow man is to not initiate force upon him and I only "expect" others to act the same. Thugs are thugs, and they should be retaliated against in kind.

Live and let live.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:47 PM

648 posts, read 1,176,023 times
Too many people, not enough space. Too much progress, industry, technology and greed.. not enough wisdom, common sense, integrity, restraint, and respect for the planet we live on.

Among other things....

Old 05-14-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalminor View Post
. not enough wisdom, ..

Right, Ive said that before. We have a huge explosion of knowledge, but wisdom hasn't changed a bit, and can't break out from a 4,000 year old code of orthodoxy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates