Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 10:45 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,206,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
where are the bikini pics?
In the Politics and Other Controversies forum. Go see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 10:58 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,495,537 times
I don't care that she's a muslim or Arab but the crown should have gone to someone else because...

Miss. Michigan/Miss. USA 2010 - Wasn't born in the USA., tripped on her gown, called birth control a "controlled substance", is tactless and couldn't answer the host when he asked her how she felt she said she "would tell him after she had a pizza" and last but certainly not least, won a pole dancing contest for a local radio station.

Do you think all those things SCREAM Miss USA? She's vapid, misinformed, an immigrant = non natural born American, with a sprinkle of sluttish.

Wow... un-be-lievable!

Gallery - Miss USA Rima Fakih

Browser: Video: Miss USA Rima Fakih trips in gown | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Quote:
Fakih was born into a powerful Shiite family in a village in southern Lebanon that was heavily bombed during the 2006 Israel-Hezbollah war. But she and her sister said the family celebrates both Muslim and Christian faiths and prefer to be referred to as Lebanese, Arabs or Arab-Americans.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...6lBNgD9FOMSH82

Old 05-17-2010, 11:03 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,741,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Oh oh ho ho ho ha ha hee hee hee hee, oh stop it, you're killing me haha oh he hee.
Okay, let's clarify here...

YOU are the dolt who is absolutely, completely and totally dead wrong. Your blathering post was a screaming self-condemnation. Ignorance at its loudest.

Catholicism and Islam CLAIM to worship different Gods. It is central to their core beliefs. Is that easier for senility to comprehend?

Shoot, you might as well claim that Attila the Hun & Gandhi were actually the same person. After all, they were both human beings.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Do you think all those things SCREAM Miss USA? She's vapid, misinformed, an immigrant = non natural born American, with a sprinkle of sluttish.

Wow... un-be-lievable!
Isn't Donald Trump in some way involved in this?

Old 05-17-2010, 11:58 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,388,011 times
She's so beautiful ! Congrats to her

Old 05-17-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post

Catholicism and Islam CLAIM to worship different Gods.
When Catholic prayer books are translated into the Arabic language, the Arabic word they use for God is "Allah".

Islam recognized Jesus as a prophet of "the only God", but teaches that over the centuries, the word of Jesus was found to have been in error in some teachings, so Muhammed was appointed by God as another prophet, to correct the error. No Muslim denies Jesus, and no Muslim believes Jesus to have been a prophet of a different God.

Unlike some people here, I offer citations in support of my assertions, since, after all, this is the Great Debates forum:

Muslims respect and revere Jesus (peace be upon him). They consider him one of the greatest of God’s messengers to mankind. The Quran confirms his virgin birth, and a chapter of the Quran is entitled ‘Maryam’ (Mary). Islam Guide: What Do Muslims Believe about Jesus?

Old 05-17-2010, 12:16 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,077,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I don't care that she's a muslim or Arab but the crown should have gone to someone else because...

Miss. Michigan/Miss. USA 2010 - Wasn't born in the USA., tripped on her gown, called birth control a "controlled substance", is tactless and couldn't answer the host when he asked her how she felt she said she "would tell him after she had a pizza" and last but certainly not least, won a pole dancing contest for a local radio station.

Wow... un-be-lievable!

Gallery - Miss USA Rima Fakih

Browser: Video: Miss USA Rima Fakih trips in gown | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

The Associated Press: Arab-American from Michigan crowned 2010 Miss USA
Stop living in the dark ages and get out of the Pakistan cave that Bin Laden is hiding in. Pole dancing is a popular offering for women aerobic fitness in this day of age here in the U.S.A. Just like Yoga and Pilates, which to me has way more sluttier position's then on a pole.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
When Catholic prayer books are translated into the Arabic language, the word they use for God is "Allah".

Islam recognized Jesus as a prophet of "the only God", but teaches that over the centuries, the word of Jesus was found to have been in error in some teachings, so Muhammed was appointed by God as another prophet, to correct the error. No Muslim denies Jesus, and no Muslim believes it is a different God.

Unlike some people here, I offer citations in support of my assertions, since, after all, this is the Great Debates forum:

Muslims respect and revere Jesus (peace be upon him). They consider him one of the greatest of God’s messengers to mankind. The Quran confirms his virgin birth, and a chapter of the Quran is entitled ‘Maryam’ (Mary). Islam Guide: What Do Muslims Believe about Jesus?
Catholics use the Bible. Muslims use the Koran. In case you hadn't figured it out, those are two different books.

Catholics adhere to the teachings Jesus - who claimed to be the exclusive way to God. Muslims adhere to the teachings of Muhammad - who claimed to be the exclusive way to Paradise. In case you hadn't figured it out, those are two different people.

Catholics pray to Mary. Muslims pray to Muhammad. In case you hadn't figured it out, those are two different people.

Catholics participate in Christian Holy Days. Muslims participate in Islamic Holy Days. In case you hadn't figured it out, those are distinctively different days.

Catholics use wine in the Eucharist. Muslims forbid all intake of alcohol. In case you hadn't figured it out, those are not identical beliefs.

Catholics believe the Pope to be God's representative on earth. Muslims believe Muhammad was Allah's supreme prophet and representative on earth. In case you hadn't figured it out, those are two distinctly different people.

Feel free to keep digging your self-condemning hole of ignorance even deeper.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:

Feel free to keep digging your self-condemning hole of ignorance even deeper.
Tee hee.

Quote:
They worship different Gods.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:26 PM

24,865 posts, read 24,449,915 times
I don't think anyone not born in the United States, should be Miss USA.

Maybe thats just me, I don't know. Lots of Muslim women born in the states that are beautiful, we don't need an import.

And lets be honest Omaha, Catholics don't follow the words of Jesus Christ, they follow the words of a Nazi who covered up child molestation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates