Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 08:38 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,470,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
Time to go throw a log on the fire.
Wind chill here is 5 F. I'm wondering how long that volt stays warm if you are stuck on the freeway in a 20mph wind at 5 F?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 09:21 PM

2 posts, read 1,981 times
SCGranny, AMEN and AMEN!!!!

Old 01-12-2012, 11:49 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,510 times
Because they have been worthy of that hate so many times!

When any fellow-traveler puts trees or animals before men of integrity and honor, "Houston, we've got ourselves a problem."

So many of them lack common sense and justice.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:27 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,046,326 times
If you guys are interested in the hippie movement... you should check out the film Magic Trip Magic Trip (Official Movie Site) - Starring Ken Kesey, Neal Cassady and The Merry Band of Pranksters - A Film by Alex Gibney and Alison Ellwood - Available on DVD

It's on Instant Streaming Netflix.

Gives you quite a bit of insight into how the whole hippie thing began.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:40 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,151,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
Time to go throw a log on the fire.
Indeed... Wood is good.. Not adding carbon to the active carbon cycle like fossil fuels do!

Like all living things... Trees, need to be treated with respect, cared for/ managed well and they will bear "fruit" to sustain life..

Can not just take without giving.. Harvesting the weak to make room for the strong..

I Make sawdust most every day of the year...

Old 01-16-2012, 01:00 PM

742 posts, read 678,447 times
Throwing around labels is a scare tactic. Making people not want to be associated with a cause or group.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:52 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,612,994 times
1. Overblowing issues to get people to notice them.
2. A smug sense of self righteousness
3. Claiming to know facts that they are not nearly qualified enough to know
4. Hypocrisy (being vegan but wearing leather)

To name a few. Plus, some of them smell bad.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:32 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,282,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
1. Overblowing issues to get people to notice them.
2. A smug sense of self righteousness
3. Claiming to know facts that they are not nearly qualified enough to know
4. Hypocrisy (being vegan but wearing leather)

To name a few. Plus, some of them smell bad.
Oddly enough, you've described about half of the US population.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:42 PM

1 posts, read 706 times
I don't hate eco friendly extremists, however I don't agree their actions. For example instead of standing in front of a tree to prevent it from being cut down, because that only works on TV lol... we should plant a tree whenever one is cut down. Nature has it's own cycle, but we also need the resources that come from nature, such as paper, etc. So I think instead of being overly eco-friendly to nature, we should do it in moderation and give back what we take. Plants need us as much as we need them. We need their oxygen to live and breath, and they need our carbon dioxide to do the same. I lived on a farm as a kid, and I love nature. We don't have farm animals anymore, but my brother is a Forester. For several years, he's been planting trees, burning the grass so it'll grow back fresh and green, and he's been resurfacing the land in that area. It looks more kept up now than it ever did. Even though these aren't my beliefs, I wouldn't consider myself 100% eco friendly. I try not to litter, and I'd love to recycle, but theirs no facilities around my area. I have recently started buying eco-friendly cleaners because I hear they are supposed to be non toxic, so I figured using something like that would be better than using something like lysol or plain bleach to clean my child's high chair or toys. Don't get me wrong though, bleach and lysol are still good, and I still use them for white clothes and wiping off surfaces my child doesn't touch.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:52 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Once tree huggers statrig do thinks like Spikeing treee which injures people and doig other violernt things pluc ignorig the laws ;that is when I stopped lictenig t them. Its the same with any group that turns to violence or breakig the law. this isn't the 60s' anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living