Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 07:04 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,367,641 times

Advertisements

I guess you unintelligent, oafish, uneducated, backwards bipeds are free to eat whatever you want, but I for one will NOT allow all these chemicals into my body - my temple. There will be NO sodium hydrogen carbonate, disaccharide, sodium chloride, cinnamaldehyde, calcium dihydrogen phosphate, monosaccharides, or polysaccharides ingested by THIS guy. Nossir! If you can't say it, you don't eat it!

And I WILL NOT buy into the industry that is constantly pushing these chemicals at us, and telling us it's okay to eat them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 07:05 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I've seen some elitist posts in threads here but the the ones in this particular thread take elitism to a new level....

~ Scoffing at people because they don't see anything wrong with chemical additives to food (yet cannot provide any proof that chemical additives are bad for one's health)...
If chemical additives are so good why they are measured in ppm? There is plenty info if you cared to look. It's not a thesis, it's an internet post.

Quote:
~ Deriding people because their claims "don't have the proper proof to support their claims" yet use athletes as credible sources for their arguments...
IF you only read "volleyball chick' " article you would know that she doesn't make any argument. But reading is so above someone who received higher order revelations.

Quote:
~ Using innuendos that because a disease is not fully understood it must be caused by the chemical additives...
I clearly stated that root causes most likely lie in the recent changes of human environment including social, ecological and food aspects of it. It's not all about food.

Quote:
~ Telling people they are stupid for consuming colored food and drinks...
If you keep coloring your feces red, blue, pink and hell know what else every day and think it's not stupid, I cannot help you. If you do that on your child you are criminally stupid.

Quote:
~ Using statements such as this "Yet, despite the "natural" claim (and no chemicals disclosed) - no mold, no animal, no bird wants to touch that bread, it can last for months unmolested." Not stopping to think it could be something that their body is secreting that gets on the bread that turns animals away from it, nope, it's gotta be the hidden chemicals added by THEM
Is that supposed to be some sort of an argument or you temporarily could not control your consciousness flow? For the sake of experimentation I threw quite a few pieces of the "Natural" stuff outside, abundant with wild life, nothing wants to eat it in the middle of summer, neither mold nor critter. Winter forces crows to partake. Also, birds stubbornly prefer my homegrown sunflower seeds to any feed I buy at a store. I guess you could label bird's dietary preferences as FUD.

Quote:
~ Using the infamous argument "Do you invite me to believe that consumption of industrial, hormone and chemical rich meats does nothing else to our bodies except accelerating puberty?" Alluding to the secret government conspiracy to poison it's citizens...
Conspiracy is not a secret. "Get big or get out" paradigm demands CAFOs, global supply network, and thousands of additives and agrochemicals to go with it. Collusion of government and corporations is not a secret. What's good for a corporation (10 years shelf life, for example) is good for government (staffed with former and the future corporate brass). What's good for us "the people" is bad for the bottom line, thus we need to be properly educated on "what is good and safe".

Quote:
~ Coming out with great conspiracy statements and alluding to the fact their bodies are so superior to us normal human beings they can taste chemicals in their food when none exist....
I guess you just cheer for that stuff, you are not a user. Life never forced you to buy the cheapest store brands or you would never typed this nonsense.

Quote:
~ Statements such as "People get sick and die every day and nobody cares to study effects of the food additives and agri-chemicals on all that death and sickness around us?"

The government could not accomplish anything if they had to investigate every crackpot allegation made by every one of the fringe conspiracy groups in America.....
If you noticed governments (around the world) come up with an official "conspiracy theory" and stick to it no matter what, all the facts, science and common sense are irrelevant. This primitive scheme works very well on the crowds.

As I said, real life experiment is already set up. One just need to fund a few PIs, postdocs and grad students (these are plentiful and cheap) to sit and observe, nothing else. Yet nobody bothers, it's postulated by default that everything is safe and industrial foods don't affect anything. We are invited to join in worship though.

What's food marketing budget of the agribiz and junk food operators? Coca Cola alone spends 2.9 billions on the marketing of its crap. How much $ government spends on the study of health effects of the industrial foods and additives? I thought so.

Last edited by RememberMee; 12-18-2012 at 07:27 AM..

Old 12-18-2012, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
What's food marketing budget of the agribiz and junk food operators? Coca Cola alone spends 2.9 billions on the marketing of its crap. How much $ government spends on the study of health effects of the industrial foods and additives? I thought so.
How many billion dollars per year does the Organic Industry spend, advertising ITS crap?

Old 12-18-2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
I guess you unintelligent, oafish, uneducated, backwards bipeds are free to eat whatever you want, but I for one will NOT allow all these chemicals into my body - my temple. There will be NO sodium hydrogen carbonate, disaccharide, sodium chloride, cinnamaldehyde, calcium dihydrogen phosphate, monosaccharides, or polysaccharides ingested by THIS guy. Nossir! If you can't say it, you don't eat it!

And I WILL NOT buy into the industry that is constantly pushing these chemicals at us, and telling us it's okay to eat them!
You don't need to be educated or intelligent to worship and not to question. If you are intelligent, un oafish, educated and cutting edge..., your posts should reflect that. So far you didn't raise above attacking "credentials" of the authors. Apparently, in the intelligent world, only physicists should have an opinion on whether or not a pan is hot. Yet, you didn't present us with your "credentials". Do you have proper credentials to have an opinion?

Old 12-18-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
How many billion dollars per year does the Organic Industry spend, advertising ITS crap?
U.S. sales of organic food and beverages have grown from $1 billion in 1990 to $26.7 billion in 2010

Organic industry marketing budged is nowhere near junk food marketing budget. Fast food marketing budget of 4.2 billions is roughly 15% of the gross "organic" revenue stream. Direct marketing of the junk to children is booming as we speak. They must have users.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
You don't need to be educated or intelligent to worship and not to question. If you are intelligent, un oafish, educated and cutting edge..., your posts should reflect that. So far you didn't raise above attacking "credentials" of the authors. Apparently, in the intelligent world, only physicists should have an opinion on whether or not a pan is hot. Yet, you didn't present us with your "credentials". Do you have proper credentials to have an opinion?
Is it POSSIBLE that a farmer MIGHT know more about agriculture, than some spoiled volleyball playing city kid from Seattle?

A simple YES or NO answer is all that is needed.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
U.S. sales of organic food and beverages have grown from $1 billion in 1990 to $26.7 billion in 2010

Organic industry marketing budged is nowhere near junk food marketing budget. Fast food marketing budget of 4.2 billions is roughly 15% of the gross "organic" revenue stream. Direct marketing of the junk to children is booming as we speak. They must have users.
The Organic Industry is a massive advertising and marketing conglomerate. It's all about money. And in that regard, it's no different than Monsatanto.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:44 AM

37,099 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:

George, don't forget the dihydrogen monoxide! That one is terrible!

Old 12-18-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
George, don't forget the dihydrogen monoxide! That one is terrible!
I know! Those $#@!@#!#! money hungry corporations are just KILLING people with all those chemicals!

Old 12-18-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Is it POSSIBLE that a farmer MIGHT know more about agriculture, than some spoiled volleyball playing city kid from Seattle?

A simple YES or NO answer is all that is needed.

What farmers you are talking about? Farmers are going extinct. The ones who remain are hard to call "farmers" in the old fashioned sense. They are either managers of the large family operations, indentured CAFO "owners" or corn&soy bean planters who follow scientific recommendations to the letter. Authentic farming knowledge is disappearing fast and there is little or no market for it. CAFO operators normally don't own the feed, they must comply with all corporate requirements on the feed, additives and animal handling or their contract is null and void and they are left with multimillion debts to pay off. Modern farmers know how to follow and comply with corporate science, or else. Try again.

I talked to a corn farmer who didn't know anything about seed saving. That's not how modern farming operates. "Farmers" pay for the corporate seed products that come with full set of the instructions on planting, fertilizing and spraying.

BTW, what about that Taiwanese Institute? Did you check their English, International Relation and Communication credentials already? Are those credentials more qualifying to have an opinion on ractopamine than playing volleyball?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living