Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:23 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Have been looking for the NaturColor brand, thanks sierraAZ, for website. We are getting a Whole Foods soon in Lubbock, hoping they will carry this product.
You're welcome. Last time I got pissed New Life never stocks up and didn't feel like driving to Wild Oats/Whole Foods, so I found a place to order it online at about the same price (no sales tax makes up for shipping). You don't have to wait for Whole Foods to open! It's really a great dye! It won't damage your hair even if you color it every week.

Search Results - naturcolor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 07:06 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,912 times
Looks like I will be doing some ordering! Thanks for WF link.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:26 AM

1 posts, read 11,980 times
Organic hair coloring info: The book "Gorgeously Green" lists a few organic hair coloring products for at home use. I use Naturtint at home for touching up roots in between salon visits in the city at an organic hair salon; see if there is one in your nearest large metro area. My stylist buys a professionally-sold product that might be called Bella something; I can't remember for sure. It colors beautifully and covers grey well. Although more expensive, it's not about the money. It's about protecting the body from very harmful chemicals, and that you can't argue with. There are always things you can give up to make up the difference. Go organic, girl! Never go back! P.S. I believe I heard that if you go the henna route, you cannot then do color without a nasty result; you would need to grow it all out or cut it off.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:31 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,929,427 times
I've been using Rainbow brand Henna (you can get it online or I got it at Whole Foods) and I LOVE the results. I'm a natural redhead, but it just brightened my color and improved the textured. The stuff is kind of murky and messy to apply... and it has an interesting tea-like scent... but overall it's a great natural product.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:17 AM

182 posts, read 647,190 times
cassia obivata adds a very slight yellow tint. It is also known as neutral henna (technically it isn't) but it has all the stengthening qualities. It will become more blonde with more applications. Cassia does not lighten your hair at all, it is a coating that goes over whatever hair color you already have.

You can also add buxus or indigo to henna if you want a black or brown color instead of red.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:12 AM

119 posts, read 379,789 times
How about just letting your hair be the color it is? Isn't that the green thing to do?

Old 08-28-2009, 02:03 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,089,952 times
I go to an Aveda salon and they advertise that their products are primarily (but not entirely) organic and natural. They also promote recycling, which I like. But I couldn't say just how organic they are and what amount of the coloring is truly natural product.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:27 PM

239 posts, read 711,214 times
I've been using Rainbow henna as well; I use the Persian light brown and it makes my gray look like sparkly blonde highlights!
It coats the hair well without actually changing the color of your hair so you can play around with different colors.
They also have a marigold color but dependent upon the color of your hair who knows what will happen.
I will say...it is a mess to use!

Old 09-27-2009, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 9,541 times
[url=http://www.organiccolorsystems.com]Organic Color Systems, Hair Coloring, Largo Florida[/url]

Old 09-27-2009, 03:45 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,686,242 times
I went grey at the age of 18. For 30 years I used hairdye, everything including henna, Loving Care (paugh), L'Oreal, and Fer'ia.

Two years ago I was diagnosed with lupus, and went naturally grey to avoid using anything with chemicals. I strongly recommend doing so to anyone now - I love how naturally healthy and untreated my hair is, it always smells good and feels wonderful. Plus I don't have to worry about my roots showing! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living