Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 07:36 AM

18,571 posts, read 18,868,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
I don't even get why this is a question. Do people really think it's OK to just leave their dog's waste anywhere?? How absolutely nasty and disgusting can you be??? Even if it's your own yard?? Don't you think that stench wafts into other people's space.

Here's a secret: No one wants to smell or see your dog's waste! Pick it up, pack it up, toss it out.
thank you for that bit of sense..and then theres this.. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-of-sight.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 08:52 AM

792 posts, read 2,331,697 times
Here's what I used to do with my dog (of beloved memory):

When walking her in urban or suburban streets or parks, I bagged it. I mostly bags which were going to end up in the trash anyway, such as bread bags (sorry, I'm not going to bake my own bread).

When walking in the woods or undeveloped land, I would generally let it lie, but if she crapped too close to the trail, I would take a stick and scoot it under some bushes where nobody would step in it.

In my own yard, sometimes I would periodically bag it and put it in the trash. Sometimes I would take a trowel and move it to the flower beds. Sometimes I would bury it, especially during the hottest months (I live in MI), when I would often let it dry in the sun for few days and then bury it in about 6-8" of soil. I don't grow anything edible in my yard. It seemed to help the lawn.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:14 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,749,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post

That is such a sad story!!! The poor little girl!!!! And all due to some thoughtless, lazy, inconsiderate dog owner

Old 04-18-2013, 11:51 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,197,701 times
such a sad story that her mom waited 48hrs before seeking care.

I'd do more than wash it out of my kid got a eye full of crap.
Then when it turned red Yea I'd wait an additional 48hrs 2 days hefor I called the DR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcole07 View Post
Here's how they are handing it in Orlando. Hope our HOA gets on the ball. Dog poop DNA: Orlando condo's DNA tests will ID dog poop - Orlando Sentinel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
That is such a sad story!!! The poor little girl!!!! And all due to some thoughtless, lazy, inconsiderate dog owner

Old 04-18-2013, 12:02 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,988,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Poop in places where people might step in it or young children get into it needs to be removed. That means streets, parks, and yards.

Poop in other areas can be allowed to decompose naturally.

Dog poop is a nuisance, but it's not poisonous. It's not going to "contaminate our waters."

Do you see anyone chasing coyotes with a pooper scooper? Or the proverbial bear in the woods? What do you do about all those birds?
I don't see coyotes all over the place either. Coyotes aren't living next door and crapping on my property, I'd see it. Sometimes racoons but not all that often.

Wild animals don't have pooper scoopers but they aren't on every block, in lots of houses and walked by owners who by law are responsible for their upkeep and maintenance.

How about this? Since the idea is to treat dogs pooping in the wild in the same manner as say the coyote, then it is open season on dogs running around in the wild pooping too? Fair enough?

If a coyote comes onto my property and poops so be it. Same for the bear. If I see your dog running around on my property and it decides to poop there, bye bye doggie. Fair enough? I'll even bag it for you.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:47 PM

37,276 posts, read 41,495,400 times
II said
Quote:
Poop in places where people might step in it or young children get into it needs to be removed. That means streets, parks, and yards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
I don't see coyotes all over the place either. Coyotes aren't living next door and crapping on my property, I'd see it. Sometimes racoons but not all that often.

Wild animals don't have pooper scoopers but they aren't on every block, in lots of houses and walked by owners who by law are responsible for their upkeep and maintenance.

How about this? Since the idea is to treat dogs pooping in the wild in the same manner as say the coyote, then it is open season on dogs running around in the wild pooping too? Fair enough?

If a coyote comes onto my property and poops so be it. Same for the bear. If I see your dog running around on my property and it decides to poop there, bye bye doggie. Fair enough? I'll even bag it for you.
It seems you are ignoring the first part of my post. Poop in populated areas needs to be removed.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
II said

It seems you are ignoring the first part of my post. Poop in populated areas needs to be removed.
No, only that what you think is wild areas might not be. It is starting to be a common site where people go camping and so on. They take their dogs on a walk and think it is the wilderness when in fact their dogs are pooping where wild animal live.

You do know that animals use their droppings as markers right? Your dog just doing its business where you think its no big deal can be one. First it is your dog and then someone else's. Why not just pick it up wherever your dog poops? How much trouble is it? Or just take a small garden hand shovel with you and bury it. I can see where that is difficult if your dog is off leash and not supervised but that is usually illegal.

I can't see the problem with people simply picking up after their dogs, even in places where they don't think it's populated. It is the decent thing to do, your dog is not a wild animal and if you let it act like one others will treat it as such.

You dig the small hole, scoop it in and cover it. What is the big deal?

Old 04-18-2013, 08:20 PM

3,869 posts, read 15,197,701 times
So your a tough guy?

Your the big man that would kill a kids beloved pet because it pooped on your lawn.

your a tool.

go ahead mod give the infraction.
If you do It says more about you than it does me.

killing a dog over such a petty thing should bring an out cry from decent people....

try it.... just try it.. tough guy...

killing a dog for crapping on your lawn can get you put in jail, if your lucky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
. If I see your dog running around on my property and it decides to poop there, bye bye doggie. Fair enough? I'll even bag it for you.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:42 PM

Old 04-25-2013, 05:17 PM

89 posts, read 136,361 times
In wyoming if your dog is running around lose. Someone will shoot it. Crap or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living