Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 07:53 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,405,852 times

Advertisements

We don't eat much meat and less Fatty Meat. Fish twice a week, Chicken, Rabbit, Squirrel, Deer and a variety of Wild Game.

We mostly have Whole Grain and Fruits in morning and Evening. We have our Large Dinner Meal in middle of the day and have a large variety of vegetables then.

brushrunner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 09:24 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,475,967 times
I'm not antimeat. I just think there's a mindset that some equates it with nutrition and even suggests "more meat=greater nutrition". That equation doesn't survive any degree of honest research. And the environmental results of massive meat raising are born by those who must have it and those who find it discretionary alike. Some guys actually believe their manliness is at stake. It is an emotional mandate for them. Like the latest ad fashion where guys are having their maleness question so that someone can sell them some sort of hormone enhancer, complete with young females disappointed because the 40-something guy "can't do it". Talk about a low blow (no pun intended).

Old 09-19-2013, 10:03 AM

662 posts, read 313,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
In my personal experience, if you eat a one pound steak, you will have a crap that is a major fraction of a pound. Pure protein in, crap out. You can cite what should be the metabolism all you want. But experience has confirmed what I heard the guy say.
There is about 450 grams in a pound. A 16 oz steak (1 pound) will have around 80-100 grams of protein, depending on the cut. That means that more than 3/4 of the steak IS NOT protein. So its actually wrong starting off with the idea that steak is pure protein. Its roughly 20-25% protein by weight, so there is plenty of other substance to crap out.
If you want to know what you actually digest vs crap out, eat a big steak and some corn on the cob. Take a quick peek when you go to the bathroom the next couple of days. Do you see anything recognizable in the toilet? Of course. You see corn, not steak.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:40 PM

Ha. If I eat a "big steak", nothing tends to come out. The fluid all gets sucked out, and there's this enormous stone-like thing sitting in there, unwilling to move. I've learned to sharply restrict meat protein. Fish is OK, but things like turkey and beef, unless swallowed with a ton of fiber, is guaranteed constipation.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:43 PM

Another thing about meat every day. Most meat is tainted with the 70 percent of antibiotics now being mixed in the feed of feedlot animals. A steady diet puts the person on the road to catching a disease that the hospital may not be able to treat. Moderation gives the consumer a better chance since it is pretty obvious that our meat growers don't intend to change how they mix their feed.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3953938.html

Old 09-20-2013, 01:55 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,265,040 times
Being the internet, I don't know how old people here are. But does anyone else remember when McDonald's brought out the Quarter Pounder years ago? That seemed like a HUGE sandwich at the time, but these days the norm is half pound burgers and 3/4 to 1 pound steaks. In other words, the problem isn't that we eat meat; it's that those of us who eat meat by and large eat too much meat.

I was a pretty regular meat eater myself until I watched a documentary called [hulu=http://www.flickr.com/photos/289122]GDauqN1yS1-kSS-mQF2Ipw[/hulu]"Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" [/url] a couple of months ago. I don't have the health problems the guys in that movie had, but nevertheless I saw the problems with the diet I was on and made some significant changes, the main one being a switch from a meat-based diet to a plant-based diet. I eat meat in small portions and seldom two days in a row. Since then I've lost a few pounds, have more energy, less heartburn, and fewer headaches. And I don't feel like I'm missing a thing.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:59 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,125,362 times
Too bad for all he meat haters that there have been studies done on people who live in artic environments with little BUT meat.... And because people claimed "they must be special" they also studied "white men" living there too... Without generational adaptation.

They were perfectly healthy.

The problem is agrabusiness and all the unnatural concoctions we and the animals are fed.
NOT THE MEAT!

Old 09-21-2013, 07:22 AM

155 posts, read 347,887 times
Default Water Every Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Or maybe I should say "every meal?" I know people get all bent out of shape when someone says everyone should go vegetarian (or, worse yet, vegan). But my question is "why is every meal a meat meal?" I remember a fitness trainer at a gym I used years ago. He was telling a client that most of the protein that they ate went down the toilet. After a certain number of grams, the body just turns it into crap. And that means we spend thousands of dollars to make something we have to flush. Why? Because we haven't a clue how to eat a meal not containing meat. It is commercial brainwashing. Every industry in the food chain expects better profit with a meat item. So you never see anything vegetarian pushed.

Me, I'll never give up meat. I know all that the vegans tell me, but I feel I know better. But I've worked hard to deprogram myself from what industry has tried to propagandize. Food that has no meat has both taste and value. I could run down an endless list, but one of my favorites are spinach pies as made in Greece and Lebanon. Better tasting than a burger, not a speck of meat. Second, would be falafel. To me, the 3-meal meat diet is just a "safe diet" for people who fear experimentation. Though even they turn vegetarian at snack time with chips and popcorn.

So, my thought is that one or two meals a week should have no meat. Could be pancakes and syrup. Could be spinach lasagne. The options are endless. Most of the fasting religions promote it. I don't see why religion has to be involved. Stop equating beef with "food". It is better for internal and external environments.
Or maybe I should say "every meal?" I know people get all bent out of shape when someone says everyone should go vegetarian (or, worse yet, vegan). But my question is "why is every meal a water meal?" I remember a fitness trainer at a gym I used years ago. He was telling a client that most of the water that they drink went down the toilet. After a certain number of ounces, the body just turns it into p!$$. And that means we spend millions of dollars building the infastructure to bring water to our houses only to flush it away. Why? Because we haven't a clue how to have a drink without water. It is governmental brainwashing. Every unionized worker in the chain expects better pay and benefits within the waterworks system.

Me, I'll never give up water. But I've worked hard to deprogram myself from what the government has tried to propagandize. Drinks that contain no water has both taste and value. I could run down an endless list, but one of my favorites is Everclear made in Kentucky and Tennessee. Better tasting and not a drop of water. Second, would be Kool-aid - you know the kind with the sugar already added. I like to eat it raw without a drop of water.

So, my thought is that one or two drinks a week should have no water. The options are endless. Stop equating water with "drinks". It is better for internal and external environments.

Last edited by tgauchsin; 09-21-2013 at 07:24 AM.. Reason: Inserted OP for those who don't get it.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:51 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:

Me, I'll never give up water. But I've worked hard to deprogram myself from
what the government has tried to propagandize. Drinks that contain no water has
both taste and value. I could run down an endless list, but one of my favorites
is Everclear made in Kentucky and Tennessee. Better tasting and not a drop of
water. Second, would be Kool-aid - you know the kind with the sugar already
added. I like to eat it raw without a drop of water.

So, my thought
is that one or two drinks a week should have no water. The options are endless.
Stop equating water with "drinks". It is better for internal and external
environments.
???
What on earth is a drink with no water in it? I have no idea what you're talking about. I suppose you could drink mercury, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:31 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,157,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgauchsin View Post
Or maybe I should say "every meal?" I know people get all bent out of shape when someone says everyone should go vegetarian (or, worse yet, vegan). But my question is "why is every meal a water meal?" I remember a fitness trainer at a gym I used years ago. He was telling a client that most of the water that they drink went down the toilet. After a certain number of ounces, the body just turns it into p!$$. And that means we spend millions of dollars building the infastructure to bring water to our houses only to flush it away. Why? Because we haven't a clue how to have a drink without water. It is governmental brainwashing. Every unionized worker in the chain expects better pay and benefits within the waterworks system.

Me, I'll never give up water. But I've worked hard to deprogram myself from what the government has tried to propagandize. Drinks that contain no water has both taste and value. I could run down an endless list, but one of my favorites is Everclear made in Kentucky and Tennessee. Better tasting and not a drop of water. Second, would be Kool-aid - you know the kind with the sugar already added. I like to eat it raw without a drop of water.

So, my thought is that one or two drinks a week should have no water. The options are endless. Stop equating water with "drinks". It is better for internal and external environments.
Can you explain yourself a little better here?

Because I am apparently not the only one trying to figure out what your point is. Much less what waterless water is, and why we should avoid water.

That was a very confusing post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living