Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 10:55 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,485,003 times

Advertisements

Photography can be pretty expensive done a certain way. But it is not ostentatious as giant modified trucks are. That's why you can't just equate things because they are expensive and unnecessary. And some "hobbies" have more of an environmental imipact (and impact on foreign policy options) than others, also disrupting this kind of analogy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 12:42 AM

628 posts, read 1,390,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
I don't see myself ever having a family or a relationship with another.
Not trying to derail the thread, but I've worked with enough persons older than I to know that that route is a game-changer that I go to great lengths to avoid(ie,. looking ugly, dressing ugly, blowing off compliments from a woman,. etc).

Anywho, I've got a rear-rack with panniers and a single-wheeled bicycle trailer I could attach when needing to carry more than a back-pack could warrant.
My typical distances are usually 20 mile round trips each day.
Also, the type of work I do usually requires regular work clothes and an optional uniform shirt.
If I had to wear a suit, I'd leave a little earlier and just wear a t-shirt while riding, wipe down when I get to my destination and don the fancy attire.
There's really no excuses and it all comes down to how we choose to live.

As far as car-ownership goes with me, that would also mean less money spent on dumb things like visits to over-educated therapists on helping me cope with losing money over a machine.
OMG, YOU'RE AWESOME!!~ Where were you on the Exercise and Fitness Forum?!~ If people learned from your example, they could possibly improve their lives.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:55 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,112,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsWolf View Post
OMG, YOU'RE AWESOME!!~ Where were you on the Exercise and Fitness Forum?!~ If people learned from your example, they could possibly improve their lives.
I have a few threads spread about on there, but they usually got buried due to obvious reasons.
And another reason I stopped hitting the gym for awhile.
Some of us are there to keep ourselves healthy and gout-free, not wait in line for the D-bags looking to impress some slim, tall blonde 10-20 years younger.

Anywho, got the Liberty back and now I'm just trying to get the thing traded in for a simple pickup.
4x4 and manual along with an engine that won't completely die within the first several months.

I guess my other issue with people consistently forcing me to get a car, and being motivated to buy one is the overall hype they throw into them.
Like a bicycle, shotgun, and a chainsaw, a car/truck should be considered a tool alone.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:47 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,456,545 times
OP, occasionally, I hear someone say "anywho," but, am never where I can ask them what it means. I did look it up before asking you, but, all it said is that it isn't listed and has been looked up 1682 times. So, clearly, it's in use.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:35 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,112,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
OP, occasionally, I hear someone say "anywho," but, am never where I can ask them what it means. I did look it up before asking you, but, all it said is that it isn't listed and has been looked up 1682 times. So, clearly, it's in use.
Proper saying would probably be "anyhow" or "moving on".(never was much of an "A" student in anything, but I try.)
But once one hears another using a particular saying, jumping on the bandwagon is a easier for some than others.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:52 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,456,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
Proper saying would probably be "anyhow" or "moving on".(never was much of an "A" student in anything, but I try.)
But once one hears another using a particular saying, jumping on the bandwagon is a easier for some than others.
Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living