Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 07:18 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,972,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Ever since I read a summary of Hansen's "greenhouse effect" testimony I considered AGW to be somewhere between hilarious and an elaborate fraud.
The same can be said of most predictions and scare mongering, especially when you follow the money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 08:35 PM

35,262 posts, read 17,158,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
The same can be said of most predictions and scare mongering, especially when you follow the money.
If The Onion existed in those days I would have looked there for the factual source of his testimony. I wonder what the carbon footprint of Al Gore's house is.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:08 AM

6,848 posts, read 8,010,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
If The Onion existed in those days I would have looked there for the factual source of his testimony. I wonder what the carbon footprint of Al Gore's house is.
If you researched rather than wondered, you would find out his carbon footprint at his house is quite small. The house has been extensively renovated with energy savings technology and Gore buys green electricity.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
If you researched rather than wondered, you would find out his carbon footprint at his house is quite small. The house has been extensively renovated with energy savings technology and Gore buys green electricity.
He didn't do this by choice but because he was shamed into it.

Al Gore spends more time in ultra priced hotel suites than this house (and he doesn't have just one you know). He isn't staying in the hotel/motel that doesn't have air conditioning and heating to make things just so. He isn't walking up the stairs to reduce energy impact, he takes the elevator.

Just which of his monster sized homes are you referring to? Are the homes he owns but doesn't reside in get mothballed when he isn't there? I think not.

His footprint is small? Really?

"The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average. "

Al Gore's Carbon Footprint Is Big. - BusinessWeek

Wasn't he espousing his intellect on saving the environment before that? Just when did he embark on reducing his carbon footprint, after he was shown to be a fraud?

"Humanity might be "sitting on a ticking time bomb," but Gore's home in Carthage is sitting on a zinc mine. Gore receives $20,000 a year in royalties from Pasminco Zinc, which operates a zinc concession on his property. Tennessee has cited the company for adding large quantities of barium, iron and zinc to the nearby Caney Fork River."

Gore isn't quite as green as he's led the world to believe - USATODAY.com

Old 12-16-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
He didn't do this by choice but because he was shamed into it.

Al Gore spends more time in ultra priced hotel suites than this house (and he doesn't have just one you know). He isn't staying in the hotel/motel that doesn't have air conditioning and heating to make things just so. He isn't walking up the stairs to reduce energy impact, he takes the elevator.

Just which of his monster sized homes are you referring to? Are the homes he owns but doesn't reside in get mothballed when he isn't there? I think not.

His footprint is small? Really?

"The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average. "

Al Gore's Carbon Footprint Is Big. - BusinessWeek

Wasn't he espousing his intellect on saving the environment before that? Just when did he embark on reducing his carbon footprint, after he was shown to be a fraud?

"Humanity might be "sitting on a ticking time bomb," but Gore's home in Carthage is sitting on a zinc mine. Gore receives $20,000 a year in royalties from Pasminco Zinc, which operates a zinc concession on his property. Tennessee has cited the company for adding large quantities of barium, iron and zinc to the nearby Caney Fork River."

Gore isn't quite as green as he's led the world to believe - USATODAY.com
What does Gore's kWh usage have to do with his carbon footprint? You have a bad case of Gore chapass.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:33 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,487,368 times
Yeah, what is this obsession with Al Gore? You keep bringing him up in discussion after discussion, despite the fact that there is no reference to the guy. It's just a distractionary tactic.

Old 12-16-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
What does Gore's kWh usage have to do with his carbon footprint? You have a bad case of Gore chapass.
You're the one claiming to be the electrical engineer, you tell me what the use of electricity has to do with his carbon footprint; since you defend his efficient use of energy.

Old 12-16-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
You're the one claiming to be the electrical engineer, you tell me what the use of electricity has to do with his carbon footprint; since you defend his efficient use of energy.
ZERO when the resource is renewable.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Would that include the roaring fireplaces that burn cords of wood each year? You mean that kind of renewable resource? Oh, it doesn't? Thats right, they are electric.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:36 PM

208 posts, read 331,315 times
Quote:
Hydro-Coal-Gas-Nuclear are not renewable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living