Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2016, 03:19 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,699,200 times

Advertisements

TRUMP says there is "some connectivity" between humans and climate change.

So I'm guessing a few things might have happened:

1) Trump is easing up: He's no longer strongly pandering to the populace most likely to vote for him.
2) Trump is now informed: He's now privy to intelligence he didn't have before becoming President-elect... perhaps the degree to which national security agencies consider climate change a geopolitical conflict threat multiplier.

[url=http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politics/donald-trump-climate-change-new-york-times/]Trump admits humans have 'some connectivity' on climate change - CNNPolitics.com[/url]
[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/22/us/politics/donald-trump-visit.html[/url]

*Climate scientists and concerned global citizens are collectively taking their first breath since the election*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 03:29 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,790,292 times
Trump was a Democrat a few years ago. I am not sure he has an agenda despite all his bluster. I think he ran for POTUS because he was bored and likes to cause trouble.

Old 11-22-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Trump was a Democrat a few years ago. I am not sure he has an agenda despite all his bluster. I think he ran for POTUS because he was bored and likes to cause trouble.
I realize that. However today is important in that deniers bragging that Trump's win will make this "whole global warming crap" go away will simply have to S-T-F-U now.

It's not going away.

Old 11-22-2016, 05:36 PM

35,353 posts, read 17,257,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
I realize that. However today is important in that deniers bragging that Trump's win will make this "whole global warming crap" go away will simply have to S-T-F-U now.

It's not going away.
I think Trump will flip back to anti-Paris on this one. When he learns what the accords will cost the U.S. and where the money is set to go I hope he realizes that he was right the first time.

Old 11-22-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I think Trump will flip back to anti-Paris on this one. When he learns what the accords will cost the U.S. and where the money is set to go I hope he realizes that he was right the first time.
He might. But that's not the point today.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:29 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,142,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Could very well be the perception or reality of an Extreme Left... my reason for the statement the pendulum swinging back.

The SF Bay Area is anything but a Right stronghold. In fact having a Trump Hat or Bumper Sticker will cost you dearly...

This time around it was quite different than 8 years ago... the atmosphere at the Hospital where I work was exuberant and more... Obama Buttons, Lunch talk and election night the party never stopped... the bar nearby had to turn people away as too many were celebrating...

Quite different 4 years later... no celebrations...

Last week there was zero election talk... nothing for Hilary or Trump... no party, no lapel pins and no Bumper Stickers, no water cooler talk.

Admin in the past has held Democrat Fundraisers and meet the Candidate Forums... nothing this time and I mean nada...

So what changed?

Not even an Obama Screen Saver to be found.
What do you mean "cost you dearly" so you mean you want to be able to go "accountant" on the bums if they decide to do something because you have a bumper sticker?

What ever "cost" someone is trying to impose can always be solved with a Barret M82 or just good ole fashion brutality.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:00 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,820,285 times
Good Luck with that in the SF Bay Area...

Property Damage in the face of "Protest" is understandable and almost always even those arrested have the charges later dropped.

Plus 10 round magazines, etc... are outlawed.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:50 AM

10,837 posts, read 14,969,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
A belief in climate change would be bad for business for the supporters of the candidates who continue to be oblivious to scientific facts, they make their profits by convincing people that bulldozing woodlands to build McMansion developments and driving a gas guzzling SUV 35 miles to their workplace is the normal way to live, and not the greatest misallocation of resources in human history. In a not too distant future when legions of suburbanites realize that their living arrangement is economically impossible and ridiculous in it's very inception it will be too late.
Some really dumb people, without any real scientific credentials, disagree with you.

//Sarcasm off

Top boffin Freeman Dyson on climate change, interstellar travel, fusion, and more

Quote:
At America's Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Dyson was looking at the climate system before it became a hot political issue, over 25 years ago. He provides a robust foreword to a report written by Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change cofounder Indur Goklany on CO2 – a report published [PDF] today by the Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF).

An Obama supporter who describes himself as "100 per cent Democrat," Dyson says he is disappointed that the President "chose the wrong side." Increasing CO2 in the atmosphere does more good than harm, he argues, and humanity doesn't face an existential crisis. Climate change, he tells us, "is not a scientific mystery but a human mystery. How does it happen that a whole generation of scientific experts is blind to obvious facts?"
Nobel Prize-Winning Scientist Who Endorsed Obama Now Says Prez. is ‘Ridiculous’ & ‘Dead Wrong’ on ‘Global Warming’

Nobel Prize Winning Physicist Dr. Ivar Giaever: 'Global warming is a non-problem'
'I say this to Obama: Excuse me, Mr. President, but you're wrong. Dead wrong.'
'Global warming really has become a new religion.'
"I am worried very much about the [UN] conference in Paris in November...I think that the people who are alarmist are in a very strong position.'
'We have to stop wasting huge, I mean huge amounts of money on global warming.'

Video - Ivar Giaever (2015) : Global Warming Revisited

Green Guru James Lovelock reverses belief in ‘global warming’: Now says ‘I’m not sure the whole thing isn’t crazy’ – Condemns green movement: ‘It’s a religion really, It’s totally unscientific’

Quote:
What has changed dramatically, however, is his position on climate change. He now says: “Anyone who tries to predict more than five to 10 years is a bit of an idiot, because so many things can change unexpectedly.” But isn’t that exactly what he did last time we met? “I know,” he grins teasingly. “But I’ve grown up a bit since then.”

Lovelock now believes that “CO2 is going up, but nowhere near as fast as they thought it would. The computer models just weren’t reliable. In fact,” he goes on breezily, “I’m not sure the whole thing isn’t crazy, this climate change. You’ve only got to look at Singapore. It’s two-and-a-half times higher than the worst-case scenario for climate change, and it’s one of the most desirable cities in the world to live in.”
Global warming is pure BS designed to make some, like Al Gore, tremendously wealthy while giving more power to idiots that would enslave humanity to their world view.

In 1970 I was attending San Jose State on the first earth day when our instructor passed out a paper detailing what our world would like like in 15 years when we ran out of oil. I remember well a passage that envisioned US Navy ships drifting at sea because they were out of oil to make it to the docks.

PURE BS and I earned a D on my paper when I said so. What I was really saying is the instructor was full of it and she didn't like me questioning her obvious knowledge especially when it came to global cooling and the coming ice age.

I became very ware Globull Warming was BS when it became a political issue between left and right, between republicans and democrats. 17 years ago I knew Globull Warming was a fake and a fraud perpetrated by that piece of human excremental garbage Al Gore.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Some really dumb people, without any real scientific credentials, disagree with you.

//Sarcasm off

[URL="http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/10/11/freeman_dyson_interview/"]Top boffin Freeman Dyson on climate change, interstellar travel, fusion, and more[/URL]

Nobel Prize-Winning Scientist Who Endorsed Obama Now Says Prez. is ‘Ridiculous’ & ‘Dead Wrong’ on ‘Global Warming’

Nobel Prize Winning Physicist Dr. Ivar Giaever: 'Global warming is a non-problem'
'I say this to Obama: Excuse me, Mr. President, but you're wrong. Dead wrong.'
'Global warming really has become a new religion.'
"I am worried very much about the [UN] conference in Paris in November...I think that the people who are alarmist are in a very strong position.'
'We have to stop wasting huge, I mean huge amounts of money on global warming.'

[url=http://www.mediatheque.lindau-nobel.org/videos/34729/ivar-giaever-global-warming-revisited/laureate-giaever]Video - Ivar Giaever (2015) : Global Warming Revisited[/url]

[URL="http://www.climatedepot.com/2016/11/23/fake-news-update-media-falsely-spins-trumps-climate-comments-read-full-nyt-transcript/"]Green Guru James Lovelock reverses belief in ‘global warming’: Now says ‘I’m not sure the whole thing isn’t crazy’ – Condemns green movement: ‘It’s a religion really, It’s totally unscientific’[/URL]

Global warming is pure BS designed to make some, like Al Gore, tremendously wealthy while giving more power to idiots that would enslave humanity to their world view.

In 1970 I was attending San Jose State on the first earth day when our instructor passed out a paper detailing what our world would like like in 15 years when we ran out of oil. I remember well a passage that envisioned US Navy ships drifting at sea because they were out of oil to make it to the docks.

PURE BS and I earned a D on my paper when I said so. What I was really saying is the instructor was full of it and she didn't like me questioning her obvious knowledge especially when it came to global cooling and the coming ice age.

I became very ware Globull Warming was BS when it became a political issue between left and right, between republicans and democrats. 17 years ago I knew Globull Warming was a fake and a fraud perpetrated by that piece of human excremental garbage Al Gore.
You did see that the President-elect who once called climate change a hoax just said that he now believes there is "connectivity" between humans and the climate and that he's considering not taking the US out of the Paris Climate Agreement, right?

Trump and the Republican party have so much opportunity to go full denial right now and yet he's backing off...
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politics/donald-trump-climate-change-new-york-times/[/url]
Explain that.

Old 11-24-2016, 10:06 AM

10,837 posts, read 14,969,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
You did see that the President-elect who once called climate change a hoax just said that he now believes there is "connectivity" between humans and the climate and that he's considering not taking the US out of the Paris Climate Agreement, right?

Trump and the Republican party have so much opportunity to go full denial right now and yet he's backing off...
Trump admits humans have 'some connectivity' on climate change - CNNPolitics.com
Explain that.
That's CNN which is incapable of reporting any news without a hard leftwing slant.

President Elect Trump never said such a thing, read the entire transcipt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living