Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2016, 10:17 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,837,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Some really dumb people, without any real scientific credentials, disagree with you.

//Sarcasm off

Top boffin Freeman Dyson on climate change, interstellar travel, fusion, and more

Nobel Prize-Winning Scientist Who Endorsed Obama Now Says Prez. is ‘Ridiculous’ & ‘Dead Wrong’ on ‘Global Warming’

Nobel Prize Winning Physicist Dr. Ivar Giaever: 'Global warming is a non-problem'
'I say this to Obama: Excuse me, Mr. President, but you're wrong. Dead wrong.'
'Global warming really has become a new religion.'
"I am worried very much about the [UN] conference in Paris in November...I think that the people who are alarmist are in a very strong position.'
'We have to stop wasting huge, I mean huge amounts of money on global warming.'

Video - Ivar Giaever (2015) : Global Warming Revisited

Green Guru James Lovelock reverses belief in ‘global warming’: Now says ‘I’m not sure the whole thing isn’t crazy’ – Condemns green movement: ‘It’s a religion really, It’s totally unscientific’

Global warming is pure BS designed to make some, like Al Gore, tremendously wealthy while giving more power to idiots that would enslave humanity to their world view.

In 1970 I was attending San Jose State on the first earth day when our instructor passed out a paper detailing what our world would like like in 15 years when we ran out of oil. I remember well a passage that envisioned US Navy ships drifting at sea because they were out of oil to make it to the docks.

PURE BS and I earned a D on my paper when I said so. What I was really saying is the instructor was full of it and she didn't like me questioning her obvious knowledge especially when it came to global cooling and the coming ice age.

I became very ware Globull Warming was BS when it became a political issue between left and right, between republicans and democrats. 17 years ago I knew Globull Warming was a fake and a fraud perpetrated by that piece of human excremental garbage Al Gore.
I remember those days as a young engineering student at San Jose State... really had us thinking the clock was running out... peak oil, the coming ice age... the population bomb...

It was a rare faculty member that tolerated or even respected debate on these topics...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 12:17 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,702,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
That's CNN which is incapable of reporting any news without a hard leftwing slant.

President Elect Trump never said such a thing, read the entire transcipt.
Here, even Fox news reported it:

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/11/22/trump-seems-to-be-changing-his-mind-on-climate-change.html]Trump seems to be changing his mind on climate change | Fox News[/url]

Now, if you don't like or care about green living, then also explain to me why you're even in this forum.

Go away.

Old 11-24-2016, 03:29 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,633,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Here, even Fox news reported it:

Trump seems to be changing his mind on climate change | Fox News

Now, if you don't like or care about green living, then also explain to me why you're even in this forum.

Go away.
Maybe you need to define "green living" a little better.

Old 11-24-2016, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
Maybe you need to define "green living" a little better.
Here in WA we have both kinds of "green living", although I was never particularly interested in one of them.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:19 PM

23,643 posts, read 17,343,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najt View Post
I think so, do you?

deniers support respecting the environment.

not to the detriment of the economy, government ownership of every puddle and pond, armed raids on farms and guitar companies, killing eagles wholesale, cutting down woods for solar fields, etc.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:26 AM

11,557 posts, read 53,325,478 times
the premise of the movement ... it's really not about environment, but economic control and the destruction of capitalism as a goal under the guise of "saving the planet" ... Please note:

Christiana Figueres — executive secretary of U.N.'s Framework Convention on Climate Change has admitted (at a Brussels news conference) that the goal of environmental activism is not to save the world from ecological calamity but to destroy capitalism. She said, ”This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, changing the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution”. — (Investors Daily — 02.10.15—, <http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/climate-change-scare-tool-to-destroy-capitalism/>)

Old 11-27-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
the premise of the movement ... it's really not about environment, but economic control and the destruction of capitalism as a goal under the guise of "saving the planet" ... Please note:

Christiana Figueres — executive secretary of U.N.'s Framework Convention on Climate Change has admitted (at a Brussels news conference) that the goal of environmental activism is not to save the world from ecological calamity but to destroy capitalism. She said, ”This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, changing the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution”. — (Investors Daily — 02.10.15—, <http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/climate-change-scare-tool-to-destroy-capitalism/>)
No it's not. Take off that tin hat, won't cha? And then you can leave this group for the conspiracy theory one.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:50 PM

Quote:
No it's not. Take off that tin hat, won't cha? And then you can leave this group for the conspiracy theory one.
LOL ... it appears you might not even know who this lady is.

"The former UN climate chief led 195 countries to agree an historic pact to tackle global warming in Paris" ie; the lady who was the leader of the Paris climate talks.

Not exactly a piker in the scheme of environmental issues, she spent 6 years as the UN world leader for this cause. She's credited as the creator of most of the final Paris agreement.

If I'm a conspiracy theorist ... I've got one of the leaders of the watermelon ("green on the outside, red in the middle") pack in my sights with her own quote. No "tin hat" needed to imply any conspiracy here, she clearly stated the goals of her actions.

What part of her statement clearly commingling economics under the guise of environmental issues don't you understand?

Perhaps it's your "tin hat" that has made your comprehension skills inaccessible ... and you'd be better served by heading to the conspiracy site with a bunch of like minded folk. And if the best you can do to contradict my post is to tell me to "go away" ... you're barking at the wrong poster on this forum; I can engage in an honest discussion but simply dismissing the obvious that doesn't agree with your position isn't going to be very productive for you. There's a lot more documentation from the enviro movement folks supporting my outlook on this which we can discuss.

Last edited by sunsprit; 11-27-2016 at 11:14 PM..

Old 11-27-2016, 11:00 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,239,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post

Quote:
You didn't refute the comments, preferring to attack the messenger instead of the message. I suspect you'll do the same with Chirac's comments:

The Hague, Netherlands, November 20, 2000 – French President Jacques Chirac electrified this Sixth Conference of the Parties to the UN framework treaty on global warming, praising that agreement as “the first step toward global governance.” The treaty, known as the “Kyoto Protocol” after the city in Japan where certain details were agreed upon, requires developed nations to cut emissions from energy use by an average of 5 percent below 1990 levels. In the case of the United States, that would be approximately 20 percent below current emission levels. No developed country, France included, has ratified the 1997 agreement.

[emphasis mine]

https://cei.org/op-eds-and-articles/...bal-governance

Why don't you read this very informative website and get back to us:

Warsaw International Mechanism for Loss and Damage

Old 11-27-2016, 11:59 PM

habitat21 ... a Brit publication had an interesting lead:

"Paris Climate Party agrees . . .
to have another Party
News From Previous Year

Premature Celebrations by Sceptics

Many climate sceptics are celebrating that “nothing in the Paris deal is legally binding”. They should look deeper. They have suffered a huge political defeat.

Skeptics are winning the climate science debate, but the main battle is no longer about facts and science – it is about propaganda and politics. There were few scientists at COP21 talking about atmospheric physics - just politicians, bureaucrats and green activists discussing emission targets, carbon taxes, climate reparations and who will pay.

The Paris party organisers managed to assemble representatives of 196 nations with the aim of getting 100% agreement on something/anything that would assist their clandestine campaign for world government and world taxes. This process will cripple the industrial power and political freedom of the Western democracies. They achieved agreement because of leadership by UN loving Western centralists like Obama, Merkel, Cameron, Hollande, Trudeau and Turnbull, helped by misguided theologians, and supported by vested interests in mendicant nations and some powerful competitors of the West. They spent two weeks reworking the draft document until there was nothing in it that offended any nation. Most of them wanted their benefits clauses made compulsory, but the would-be-providers of such largesse dared not sign obviously binding liabilities because the media and their home electorates were watching."

That's not "tin hat" speculation. That's the actual results of their meetings. Anybody with online research access can look it up as quickly as I did. I don't want to clog up the forum ... but this again is a topic where I could cite thousands of articles with the same content from the same "leaders" of the enviro movement. It's clearly a political/economic game to them under the guise of "saving the planet" ... and they're having fun doing it on your dime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living